Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I love readin this thread.. I dint have a ball with Lucas and I dnt no weather to get on this time or not? With lucas I had a sweep curry sex walks pineapple ect and lucas came at 41 weeks I was in labour 13hours then had to have a csection.. I have been given the choice a csection ot natural birth and I first of all said natural but once leavin my consultant and havin time t think when I see her at the end of May im goin to aak to b booked in for a csection... so does this mean ill b booked in on or before my due date? Xx Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

C Sections are normally done at 39 weeks x

Yeah babies just come when ready!

Jess do you think with been so late and she still not wanting to come out that your dates were wrong? Makes me so wonder as it was pretty much like that for a friend and ended up with csection as baby wouldnt budge! Lol.

And csections are usually the week before DD just incase you go into labour. X

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

I dont think so hun x my dates were brought forward by 3 days at my 12 week scan...and she was 9lbs 8oz at birth so I doubt I had her early lol x plus obviously when ttc you know when you ovulate etc so it literally would be a matter of days if my dates were wrong...i think she was just lazy! Apparently though ( I found out after), my nan and my auntie on my dads side were both 2 weeks late with all children... :/ so for any future babies I fully expect to go over!! Lol xx

Ah okay lol. Just lazy baby didn't wana move!!

Yeah I know what you mean with ovulation dates etc. Midwives and scan techs don't like it when you say you know roughly when it happened though as they have to be right!! Lol. X

Girls- I'm getting a lot of pain in my lower back and under bump, also just been throwing up and I've had diarrhoea all morning, is it labour??
The pain is more like period pain, incredibly crampy, but I've had it since last night and whilst it did go, it's come back worse this morning. It's so bad it took me an hour to have a shower, wash hair and dress (normally 1/2 hr) this morning! And I can't bear to stand up and make breakfast so I grabbed an Alpen light bar, but one bite of that and I threw up :(
Don't feel sick anymore but still in a lot of pain?

Wow definitely sounds promising hun!!!!! :)

I think labour could be near x
Try some warm baths to help relax xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wow definitely sounds promising hun!!!!! :)

I think labour could be near x
Try some warm baths to help relax xx

I hope so, I'm in a lot of pain and I don't fancy being like this for another week or so!
Yeh I'm gonna have a bath in a bit, I'm waiting for online shopping to be delivered first x

I hope so, I'm in a lot of pain and I don't fancy being like this for another week or so!
Yeh I'm gonna have a bath in a bit, I'm waiting for online shopping to be delivered first x

Definitely sounds like it hun. Time the pains if you can and see where your at x sorry to hear about the sickness though its not nice :( I had it before, during and after labour but cant tell if it was because of the drugs or because it was labour! Your body likes to empty itself before things kick off so could definitely be it hun x

Definitely sounds like it hun. Time the pains if you can and see where your at x sorry to hear about the sickness though its not nice :( I had it before, during and after labour but cant tell if it was because of the drugs or because it was labour! Your body likes to empty itself before things kick off so could definitely be it hun x

That's what I'm thinking, my body seems to want to be completely empty, at both ends lol!
I've suffered all the way through with sickness, MW said I'm obv really sensitive to the change in hormones, so can only imagine I'm gonna suffer throughout labour...
Going to start timing the pain... X

Ooh exciting!! A few people had the 'clear out' just before going into labour so hopefully baby B will be making an appearance soon :) xx

Sure sounds like the begining of things!!

I didn't realize at the time but my body cleared out before went to bed. And woke in the morning having contractions after been all period crampy!!

I hope it is :D

I think as with everything else, our bodies respond differently to everything!!
Like Jess I started to take EPO but then something happened. Can't reminder if it was cramping r what. Something... So I stopped taking it. Was building up my RLT, but it gave me heartburn, had sex once about a week before I went but it was so uncomfortable I wasn't willing to again. I bounced for weeks on my ball. The day my waters went n the before the chair wasn't comfy so I was on the ball most of that time.
I went 4 days early n FTM waters breaking, to holding my baby was 7 hours. To the dot! ;)
But... I think maybe being relaxed was the key???
I was full sure the whole way thru I was going over by the full 2 weeks so altho n EDD was coming up, I was full sure labour was still weeks away... Tho I still was having my hot curry to avoid that!!
Dunno if my mam was early having any of us... But I know she laboured fast!!! She laboured so fast she had her first n fifth babies At home!
So maybe it is a genetic thing??

Well girls I'm in labour :eek:
Spoke to MW at hospital and she said it sounds like I've gone into labour and to keep myself occupied and as soon as the pain gets unbearable to give them a call back and come in!
The pain is manageable, just.
I'm gonna get hubby a bag packed, just in case and make sure I haven't missed anything in my bag. Online shop came about an hour ago so I've just finished putting that away and otherwise I'm gonna read my book.
Cleaner is due at 12:30 so hoping I can at least let her in and then we'll have a nice clean house to come home to!
Will keep you all posted x

Ooh good luck xx

How exciting!!!! Good luck!!!!!

Well girls I'm in labour :eek: Spoke to MW at hospital and she said it sounds like I've gone into labour and to keep myself occupied and as soon as the pain gets unbearable to give them a call back and come in! The pain is manageable, just. I'm gonna get hubby a bag packed, just in case and make sure I haven't missed anything in my bag. Online shop came about an hour ago so I've just finished putting that away and otherwise I'm gonna read my book. Cleaner is due at 12:30 so hoping I can at least let her in and then we'll have a nice clean house to come home to! Will keep you all posted x

OMG yay!!!! Good luck. Keep us updated if you can, you know how we love a live labour thread ;) xx

OMG yay!!!! Good luck. Keep us updated if you can, you know how we love a live labour thread ;) xx

Sarah are you like me, and sitting here wishing it was you?! I'd love to go through all this again. :) its so exciting xxx

I think as with everything else, our bodies respond differently to everything!!
Like Jess I started to take EPO but then something happened. Can't reminder if it was cramping r what. Something... So I stopped taking it. Was building up my RLT, but it gave me heartburn, had sex once about a week before I went but it was so uncomfortable I wasn't willing to again. I bounced for weeks on my ball. The day my waters went n the before the chair wasn't comfy so I was on the ball most of that time.
I went 4 days early n FTM waters breaking, to holding my baby was 7 hours. To the dot! ;)
But... I think maybe being relaxed was the key???
I was full sure the whole way thru I was going over by the full 2 weeks so altho n EDD was coming up, I was full sure labour was still weeks away... Tho I still was having my hot curry to avoid that!!
Dunno if my mam was early having any of us... But I know she laboured fast!!! She laboured so fast she had her first n fifth babies At home!
So maybe it is a genetic thing??
to be honest i think thats why i was fine with Jacob. I didnt count to offical due date, i was set in my mind id go 2 weeks over. Me and my sis were 2 weeks apart from due dates and she went 13 days over so the more i saw her go overdue the more i was like yeah il be 2 weeks over!
Im trying to think like that now. Saying to myself its a big baby so dates are wrong, i wont labour until around 16th June... If i can convince myself!

Well girls I'm in labour :eek:
Spoke to MW at hospital and she said it sounds like I've gone into labour and to keep myself occupied and as soon as the pain gets unbearable to give them a call back and come in!
The pain is manageable, just.
I'm gonna get hubby a bag packed, just in case and make sure I haven't missed anything in my bag. Online shop came about an hour ago so I've just finished putting that away and otherwise I'm gonna read my book.
Cleaner is due at 12:30 so hoping I can at least let her in and then we'll have a nice clean house to come home to!
Will keep you all posted x
Yeyyyy!!! :D :D
Good luck with everything, and i too would like a live labour update feed ;) lol.

AFM- just been doing some light chores in the house... hoovering, sorting ironing/washing out. Come down to do our lunch and im in agony!! My hip(well its more the front of hip so id say is it my pelvis?) is im agony again. I had to come sit down (excuse to come on here :p ) as its so stiff i cannot walk!!! :O

Back