Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Girls- when did your waters go? Before contractions or before actual birth? Did you have a show? I've heard so many different stories of friends labours where it's really varied, I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect. I'm having contractions but I've not had a show nor have my waters gone x

My waters went before but then I was induced so totally different I guess.

Some peoples show comes a couple of weeks before labour, some during labour. Same with waters. Everyone different so don't panic x

Girls- when did your waters go? Before contractions or before actual birth? Did you have a show? I've heard so many different stories of friends labours where it's really varied, I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect. I'm having contractions but I've not had a show nor have my waters gone x

I had mine broken in my induction so I'm not a good example of proper labour x

I had my show about 4 days before I had lucas.. my waters wen about 5 mins before I went to have my csection..
Xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ok that's good to know. Cos every time I ring MW at hospital they ask and I get the impression they aren't interested in admitting me until one or the other happens! But I've got a friend who's had 2 kids and first one- no show, waters went during labour and she was 2 weeks early, second- no show, waters went 6 hours before she have birth. So I'm hoping the pains will get more of a pattern and that'll be enough to convince them! X

Must admit I hate when that happens!! Wet smelly bed sheets etc - I'm lucky doesn't happen too often now - but must admit I still sleep walk my youngest son to the loo before I go to bed if he's had a lot to drink in the late afternoon, just in case!

some times he get up and does it himself too - he just wakes me up to tell me he's gone to the loo :)
I look forward to that time lol. But then again nappies for bed is much easier for now. It's been 3 times we've forgot nappies in past few months. Me twice and hubby once. It's usually when he's ready for bed early and watch tv with us, so it's pop up to bed forgetting the nappy!

Oh bless you Jess!!!! Sounds like a crappy morning, but the hairdressers and baby shower sounds lovely, so hopefully your day will get lots better!!! :)

xxx

Yeah terrible morning. But feel better for hairdressers :)

Then had a bad turn again. Decided to go to shop for food bits since was in the area.. this light headed dizzy spells I've mentioned well it happened half way around. Felt rubbish, real light headed. So Rob fetched a energy style drink for me. Worked slightly but not much.
So Tuesday at midwives I'm demanding a full blown check because this is not normal!!!!! It was only walk around half a shop as I was dropped off and picked up from hair dressers! Xxx

Girls- when did your waters go?
Before contractions or before actual birth?
Did you have a show?
I've heard so many different stories of friends labours where it's really varied, I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect.
I'm having contractions but I've not had a show nor have my waters gone x

My show was about 2 hours into contractions. But waters they popped not long before he was born. X

Aaawww how far along are u Jess?
My friends are throwin me on in June im very excited..my mums comin so I invited my MIL and to my utter suprise she said yes (she can b rather miserable!).

Yeh I used t take lucas t tue toilet when I went to bed, if his had a late night n something t drink late even now at almost 5 I take him t the toilet and he doesnt really wake up.. wet sheets are no fun tho!
Hair dressers sounds good always nice t have a pamper

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm 37 weeks on Monday. I had a big party style one with Jacob. Wasn't going to this year but sisters wanted to so me one :)
So I've not a clue what's going on lol. I know not many friends are coming though, which I dont care even if it's my mum and 2 sisters! Xx

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Hi Ladies!

This is a Q for ladies who have had babies!

Is anyone still leaking milk?! (10 weeks post birth)

I thought I noticed an oily substance on my left boob the other day, but didn't think much of it (assumed it was left over from my bath or something). Anyway, today I noticed (again on my left boob) that I had a wet patch all around my bra which was showing through my dress... we were out at the time so couldn't really check, so when we got home I felt my boob and it was very oily, where as the right boob was fine. Bra was soaked, so had a quick "squeeze" and some white liquid came out! Surprised me because I didn't BF so thought my milk would have dried up not long after it came in.

Is it normal to still be leaking?! Has anyone else had this? I chucked my nipple pads long ago because I never really leaked even when my milk came in, and assumed it had all dried up, so didn't need them at all!

xx

Hi Ladies!

I thought I noticed an oily substance on my left boob the other day, but didn't think much of it (assumed it was left over from my bath or something). Anyway, today I noticed (again on my left boob) that I had a wet patch all around my bra which was showing through my dress... we were out at the time so couldn't really check, so when we got home I felt my boob and it was very oily, where as the right boob was fine. Bra was soaked, so had a quick "squeeze" and some white liquid came out! Surprised me because I didn't BF so thought my milk would have dried up not long after it came in.

Is it normal to still be leaking?! Has anyone else had this? I chucked my nipple pads long ago because I never really leaked even when my milk came in, and assumed it had all dried up, so didn't need them at all!

xx

Hey chic
No mine has all dried up.. X

Hi Ladies!

xx

Think the latest I leaked was 4 weeks x

Think the latest I leaked was 4 weeks x

Oh really??

Does anyone have anything come out if you give them a squeeze?! lol x

Oh really??

Does anyone have anything come out if you give them a squeeze?! lol x

Strangely I only checked this last night!!! N nope.
However sometimes they do "crust" so something must seep sometimes....
(Sorry I know that's rank... But u asked lol)

Strangely I only checked this last night!!! N nope.
However sometimes they do "crust" so something must seep sometimes....
(Sorry I know that's rank... But u asked lol)

Lol! Oh...just me then with the leaking lol! No wonder I'm all broody, my body's hanging on ;) x

Hi Ladies! This is a Q for ladies who have had babies! Is anyone still leaking milk?! (10 weeks post birth) I thought I noticed an oily substance on my left boob the other day, but didn't think much of it (assumed it was left over from my bath or something). Anyway, today I noticed (again on my left boob) that I had a wet patch all around my bra which was showing through my dress... we were out at the time so couldn't really check, so when we got home I felt my boob and it was very oily, where as the right boob was fine. Bra was soaked, so had a quick "squeeze" and some white liquid came out! Surprised me because I didn't BF so thought my milk would have dried up not long after it came in. Is it normal to still be leaking?! Has anyone else had this? I chucked my nipple pads long ago because I never really leaked even when my milk came in, and assumed it had all dried up, so didn't need them at all! xx
Oh really?? Does anyone have anything come out if you give them a squeeze?! lol x

Yes and yes!! And Stevie's 7 months old this week!!

Every now and again I can feel it in my bra and if I give a squeeze some comes out! Only a tiny amount tho!! Xx

I literally had a teeny bit for a day when Cole was four days old then it went. I did have a weird white patch on the end of my nipple for about two months though but then it went all of a sudden. Not really related but just thought I'd share ;) lol xx

Can't remember when I fully dried up with jacob. But like Frances said I did get crusty bit sometimes quite a while after! Lol

Question ladies, been emotional and had good cry,,, I'm aching and feel awful. My bum hurts, like if I've hurt my coccyx bone but it's not that it's more to the side of it. Like when you've been sat down too long and get a really sore bum. Well I've had it for days now and really hurts, I just generally feel crap. I've been laid down for about 2 hours now (chill not sleep but tried sleeping) my bump is really sore on the sides of it too :(
Any advise, tips... Not tok happy atm even after a lovely baby shower. Which I wasn't even up for, more sat down than anything :/

This is interesting as I only stopped for good a few weeks ago and thought it had all gone as they have pretty much gone soft now but noticed a leak yesterday so I guess it might hang around for a while? Funny though, my godmother was talking about bfing the other week and she bf her 4 (the youngest is now 32) and she said when she went for a mammogram they said they can sometimes see milk still in the ducts.....weird! :)

Jess sorry you're feeling pants hun, maybe emotions and hormones are going bananas! Why don't you take some paracetamol and have a hot chocolate and an early night with a hot water bottle? Xxx

This is interesting as I only stopped for good a few weeks ago and thought it had all gone as they have pretty much gone soft now but noticed a leak yesterday so I guess it might hang around for a while? Funny though, my godmother was talking about bfing the other week and she bf her 4 (the youngest is now 32) and she said when she went for a mammogram they said they can sometimes see milk still in the ducts.....weird! :)

Jess sorry you're feeling pants hun, maybe emotions and hormones are going bananas! Why don't you take some paracetamol and have a hot chocolate and an early night with a hot water bottle? Xxx

Thanks, I've been in bed since half 5. Luckily Rob had Jacob and got him in bed. I got up for cuddles and kisses and just made me feel worse! Hoping it goes and I feel ok tomorrow or labour is around the corner ;) wishful eh! Xxx

Had a 3d scan ? but baby is breech at 25 weeks should I panic :-/ how can I get it to turn xx

Had a 3d scan ? but baby is breech at 25 weeks should I panic :-/ how can I get it to turn xx

You've had one? What was it like I want one at 28 weeks x

Back