Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Yeah I think it's called that too.. going to make app on Monday! I have left it almost 2 weeks now and no change so I definitely dont agree to the pill! Il see what others I can get. Thanks ladies :)

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Jess I was on that pill about four years ago and I bled constantly for 6 weeks. The doctor then put me on depo, I bled for the first 12 weeks, the second one stopped the bleeding then the third one made me bleed for 12 weeks again. That's when we decided to ttc so I came off it. I'm on the copper coil now so no hormones and my body just acts as it normally would if I wasn't on anything. X

Cerazette is progesterone only and is one of the pills that is safe for people with migraines. Most progesterone only pills stop your periods within 6 months however whilst your body adjusts your frequency and volume of menses may change. If you suffer with migraines and you don't like this pill you don't really have many more options, have you considered an IUD? As you didn't get on with the implant it is unlikely you will like cerazette as it is pretty much the same amount of hormone, however to give any method a fair chance it does need 6 months, hard I know when you are bleeding!

Kirsty Ben is really constipated not just hasn't been for a day, he is pooing pebbles, and it's tearing his anus. Going to try sugar in some water and defo going for Vaseline today poor boy!!

Kirsty Ben is really constipated not just hasn't been for a day, he is pooing pebbles, and it's tearing his anus. Going to try sugar in some water and defo going for Vaseline today poor boy!!

God, poor Ben and poor you!! His little bum :'(

My friend is a nurse and she's always said people don't understand how bad constipation actually is, if you genuinely have it. She used to work in A&E and people would go in after two days of not going to the loo, saying they were constipated. Her language was always colourful when she was telling us those stories!! Haha xx

Cerazette is progesterone only and is one of the pills that is safe for people with migraines. Most progesterone only pills stop your periods within 6 months however whilst your body adjusts your frequency and volume of menses may change. If you suffer with migraines and you don't like this pill you don't really have many more options, have you considered an IUD? As you didn't get on with the implant it is unlikely you will like cerazette as it is pretty much the same amount of hormone, however to give any method a fair chance it does need 6 months, hard I know when you are bleeding! Kirsty Ben is really constipated not just hasn't been for a day, he is pooing pebbles, and it's tearing his anus. Going to try sugar in some water and defo going for Vaseline today poor boy!!

Oh poor Ben. Definitely try something. We tried the orange juice in water which did the job. Thankfully Oliver usually is very regular! X

Poor Ben, that sounds awful. I hope something works for him x
Regarding Cerazette- I was on it for a year, 6 months I bled constantly then I had what I can only describe as pregnancy symptoms but much worse for the other 6 months!
In fact I was doing pregnancy tests weekly cos I was so sure it was that!
Had to come off cos it also made me very horrible to be around- in fact hubby said I was nicer when actually pregnant haha!!
Jess- I also had a GP prescribe me the Pill but when I went back for a repeat and saw a different GP that's when they refused to let me have it and said I shouldn't have been prescribed it in the first place!
So def worth seeing a different GP! X

Jess I agree with the others, go back and get something different! Hormones don't agree with me and like the others I bled a lot with cerazette and depo. So I had the coil and will be getting another. Don't have to think about it for 5yrs then!

Katie my mum used to swear by brown sugar in warm water but if he's that bad is it worth doing a few doses of lactulose to clear him out and make it soft then start on the other stuff as maintenance almost? Poor little man. Xx

Thanks for all the advice we have had what I shall call a little manual evacuation this morning!!!! He was pushing and straining and bleeding and I could see the poo so I scooped it out for him, once the "plug" was out there was some much softer soft poo behind so hoping the sugary water is helping.

Progesterone doesn't suit everyone a lot of people really struggle with the mirena coil and have the same issues. Only thing that I would suggest is copper coil or condoms

Thanks for the advice ladies... Ive not looked into the iud coil etc as I'm scared il bleed constant and not be able to have it out for however long :/
My sister did with the implant and they wouldn't take it out for 9months!! Xx

Thanks for the advice ladies... Ive not looked into the iud coil etc as I'm scared il bleed constant and not be able to have it out for however long :/ My sister did with the implant and they wouldn't take it out for 9months!! Xx Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

They can take it out no problems Jess. My advice would be (an I guess Katie would agree ;) ) is to avoid your gp for contraception and go to the local family planning clinic or similar. They are much better able to advise and a lot have drop in clinics so you can fit it around your two boys xxx

Yup avoid GPs about family planning, go to the people who deal with it day in day out! Especially for coil fitting. If you did have a coil you can have it taken out whenever I had to have my mirena out after a few months as I felt dreadful xx

I just want something that will prevent pregnancy and stop irregular bleeding. I was fine with my regular monthy bleed. Just not all the time!! Drives me mad.

So coil is what people advise? Does it hurt?
I'm guessing the family planning is where people go when they have std? I'm clueless!! :/ xx

I just want something that will prevent pregnancy and stop irregular bleeding. I was fine with my regular monthy bleed. Just not all the time!! Drives me mad. So coil is what people advise? Does it hurt? I'm guessing the family planning is where people go when they have std? I'm clueless!! :/ xx Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

I had the copper coil fitted when Cole was about 7-8 weeks old. It didn't hurt (the doctor said that's because after child birth everything is 'lose' - nice!!). I bled while they did it and for a few days afterwards but I always bleed like that when I have smears. They did say that my periods may be heavier for 6 months but I rarely have them so they're always heavy anyway. I've had two since I had it fitted in February/March and they've been fairly heavy but shorter than they used to be.

Family planning is just where you go for contraception and pregnancy advise. GU clinic is where you go for STI checks although family planning will do certain swabs. If you are sensitive to progesterone which it sounds like you are and oestrogen is contraindicated because of migraines you have very limited choices. The copper coil has no hormones involved it works by preventing implantation in the womb, generally after the initial bleeding from insertion most people just have a monthly bleed. It is a little uncomfortable being inserted but is much easier when you had children as your cervix is already open.

Family planning is just where you go for contraception and pregnancy advise. GU clinic is where you go for STI checks although family planning will do certain swabs. If you are sensitive to progesterone which it sounds like you are and oestrogen is contraindicated because of migraines you have very limited choices. The copper coil has no hormones involved it works by preventing implantation in the womb, generally after the initial bleeding from insertion most people just have a monthly bleed. It is a little uncomfortable being inserted but is much easier when you had children as your cervix is already open.

See you put it so much nicer than my doctor did ;) telling a woman she is 'loose' is never a nice thing haha x

I had the copper coil fitted when Cole was about 7-8 weeks old. It didn't hurt (the doctor said that's because after child birth everything is 'lose' - nice!!). I bled while they did it and for a few days afterwards but I always bleed like that when I have smears. They did say that my periods may be heavier for 6 months but I rarely have them so they're always heavy anyway. I've had two since I had it fitted in February/March and they've been fairly heavy but shorter than they used to be.

I'm going to go tomorrow wherever we have one and ask about this. Docs didn't even offer anything else for me either.

Thank you! Hopefully this will be just what I want. I'm not bothered if my monthly is heavier, as long as it's once a month or around that! Xx

UPDATE

We have had the first poo with no screaming and no blood, still very hard but going in the right direction, thanks for all your help xxx

UPDATE We have had the first poo with no screaming and no blood, still very hard but going in the right direction, thanks for all your help xxx

Aw I'm so pleased, it must have been horrendous for you all. Fingers crossed that it softens up some more xx

UPDATE

We have had the first poo with no screaming and no blood, still very hard but going in the right direction, thanks for all your help xxx

Extremely happy to hear this. I know how awful it is... If happens again go to doctors, we used to get lactose which helped lube his bum for when he did poo. Which is good to have I'm the cupboard if happens again x

Back