Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

How far pregnant are you now? I know it can happen when baby is pressing down on a nerve or something, but that may be quite late on in pregnancy??

I'm only 13 weeks :-/ hope it doesn't last as found it hard getting up and down when playing with Thomas at the park today!

I keep getting pain down my left hip and leg to the point where I can't move or stand. Been having it since about 6 weeks but seems to be getting worse :-( did anyone have this when pregnant? X

I have been getting this and the doctor said it was sciatica. He said to stay active so the dog had been getting lots of walks and it is a but better. Also been using a hot water bottle. Hope it gets better soon!

I got this but was quite far along my leg kept giving way and was shooting pains down my leg, didn't know you could get it so early though? It's baby sitting on a nerve x

Thanks everyone, hope it doesn't last!

Just went to check on Thomas and he feels clammy and sweaty. His skin and head feel cold but when I checked his chest it's quite hot and sweaty. The back of his hair is wet too. Any ideas?

He's been fine in himself although a bit hard to put down tonight. Wondering if it's just the aftermath of his not being well and chesty cough?! Just got a tiny bit of a cough left now.

Thanks everyone, hope it doesn't last!

Just went to check on Thomas and he feels clammy and sweaty. His skin and head feel cold but when I checked his chest it's quite hot and sweaty. The back of his hair is wet too. Any ideas?

He's been fine in himself although a bit hard to put down tonight. Wondering if it's just the aftermath of his not being well and chesty cough?! Just got a tiny bit of a cough left now.

Hey hun. Sorry to read Thomas isn't feeling great. May be the last of the cough virus working its way off?

Thanks think I was being a night time worrier lol
Think it was as he's only coughed about once today and so glad his appetite is back! X

Thanks think I was being a night time worrier lol
Think it was as he's only coughed about once today and so glad his appetite is back! X

I'm the same at night. I think it's coz ppl (docs) aren't as easily available then.
Even brought Éabha the doc Christmas Eve to get an anti biotic for her cough jut coz they wouldn't n there if he got worse. She fought it off weaker without it. As I knew she would. But the fear of not being able to get one wasn't nice

Girls Éabha has a really red almost blistered bum. Been like it a good week now n just can't clear it. Have used Vaseline. Sudocreme. Bepantham. Metanium. Nappy off time. Caldesene spray. Nothing's clearing it. Any tips??

Girls Éabha has a really red almost blistered bum. Been like it a good week now n just can't clear it. Have used Vaseline. Sudocreme. Bepantham. Metanium. Nappy off time. Caldesene spray. Nothing's clearing it. Any tips??

Oliver had this when he was younger. We use the yellow metanium. However if that doesn't do the job take her to the dr. It could be that it is infected (as Oliver's was). She will need antibiotic cream. Caneston (as you would get for thrush) may also help. Keep her out of nappy as much as possible. Don't use wipes. Make sure she is dry well. Poor bubba xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Aww sorry to hear this :-(
I can't suggest anything else just hope it clears soon.
I do airtime, sudocreme and make sure his bums completely dry.
It's horrible when they have it xx

Oliver had this when he was younger. We use the yellow metanium. However if that doesn't do the job take her to the dr. It could be that it is infected (as Oliver's was). She will need antibiotic cream. Caneston (as you would get for thrush) may also help. Keep her out of nappy as much as possible. Don't use wipes. Make sure she is dry well. Poor bubba xx

Yea that's what I've been using. We can't get it here but I got J to get me some when he was working in Belfast that time a few weeks ago.
Am thinking now she may b allergic to the nappies?? We've not changed the brand. Lidl own brand. But maybe they changed how they make them?? Gona get some pampers to see if it makes any difference. It looks so so sore. Doesn't seem to b bothering her tho...

I don't use wipes anyway unless we're out n about x

Happy new year!

Quick question if you bought a travel system should you get two rain covers one for the pram and one for the buggy? X

Homecooked/made baby meals will always top commercial baby food, right?

Just like non-baby grownup meal, yes?

I would suspect so. We used a mixture of both. Sometimes shop pouches were more convenient when out and about. We were lucky that oliver took to both x

Homecooked/made baby meals will always top commercial baby food, right? Just like non-baby grownup meal, yes?

I would imagine so however there's nothing wrong with using either

I just find the pouches are expensive especially when you get to the stage 2 ones I find it easier to give ruby what I'm having and just adapt it or blend it. X

Back