Pregnancy and Slimming World

sweetener effects the baby development - can not find article as my other hands band me as I have OCD. It is a real ***** as well but I perfer to make sure baby is number one priority over diet things. The baby needs calories and not artifical ones as well. If your worried about anything the best person to speak to is your GP or midwife as they are medically trained in nurtriton in pregnancy.
00870 777 30 60 is an organisation called tommy's midwife and you can speak to them as well monday to friday 9-5pm.

I've also just this second had my SW pregnancy booklet through the post, which also makes no reference to avoiding artificial sweeteners

Wussbird, sorry to worry you.

My thought was that anything unnatural needs to be consumed with caution.
But I may be wrong. MWs recommend SW so may it's alright.

I'm 5w, just like you, being extra careful, may be being a bit OTT.

How do I get the pregnant booklet?

Thanks.

Hi TeamD

Sorry for the panic - constantly in stress mode at the moment!

I told my C that I'm preggers and she got me a booklet and a form for my MW to sign - basically if you want to continue going to group when you're pregnant your MW has to agree. It's not a problem - I think SW are just protecting themselves!

Good luck with the pregnancy! xx

sweetener has been know to cause cancer, you dont want the baby to have artifical substances as it needs nutritios food to help with development at its most vunerable period in their life. sweetener studies have shown their is a link to cancer and canda and soem states have banned sweetener.
their are other studies but have not been completed until 2010 - this webpage tells you more about it and their is tons on the web about how bad sweetener is, but it is just my opinion you have a choice in the matter.
http://www.mindfulmum.co.uk/2010/02/can-i-take-artificial-sweeteners-when-pregnant/http://www.mindfulmind.co.uk

I think saying 'sweetener has been known to cause cancer' may really worry some people, ILL. The link you posted doesn't actually say that and scaremongering doesn't help anyone. But, as you say, it's your choice.

sorry, meant to say, "...cancer in the offspring of pregnant animals"

it is not scare mongering, we really do have to be careful about the amount of chemicals we inflict on our embryos as the cells are just developing.

Thanks Wussbird, will do that.

Totally understand your panic, afterall pregnancy is very precious.
This is my second and I'm still nervous and worried.
Hugs to you, wishing you a very healthy pregnancy.

You can keep a track on how much weight they recommend you should have put on at each stage of pregnancy using an online calculator if you wish to.

I have been using this one Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator you just enter your current week, height and pre-pregnancy weight and it gives you a graph of how much is average to have gained.

Please remember though that each person is different and these are only guidelines. Try not to worry too much if you have put on more or less than what it says.

I am currently 17w 3d and I've put on 4lbs which is in the average range so I am really happy. I know that the baby is having a growth spurt at the moment and it is meant to increase in weight by quite a lot so am expecting a rise soon.

Now my sickness has subsided quite a bit I am concentrating on eating plenty of fruit and vegetables again and trying to keep on an even keel with my eating but will have the occasional treat if I want one.

Hi everyone, I have just found out that I am pregnant with no.3. (My two will be 5 and 23 months when this one arrives) I failed to stick to plan last time and ended up gaining over 4stone (after giving birth) and I am now only 1.5lbs heavier than when I found out I was pregnant last time. I feel OK at the moment and am really hoping to have lost that 1.5lbs at WI on wednesday. My christmas wish was to have my 5st award (12.5lbs to go) and I am hopeful that I can still do that.

Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy Ferg.

Just try and stick to plan as much as you can but don't beat yourself up too much if you fall off the wagon occasionally. During the first trimester I found it so hard to stick to it as my eating patterns and my taste buds were all over the place - now I'm a bit further on am finding it a little easier.

Last night I found out I had spotting so rang out of hours doctors and booked me for an early scan on Thursday, I feel so terrified but trying to stay positive. Although it feels like forever to reach Thursday.

ILL I hope that everything is ok now Hun.
I bled last Friday night and it scared the living daylights out of me. Spoke at great length to my MW and now Im ok, but I was really upset.
Hope everyone is ok. I've lost 1.5lbs in the 2 weeks that I told my Consultant that I was pregnant - I cant get the forms signed by the MW yet as my appointment isnt until 22nd October. Its still early days for me!
I have suffered with heartburn and sleepless nights already and my stomach looks huge! My Mum informed me that there are twins on both sides of my family, but this hasnt happened for at least 2 generations.

Take care everyone and dont over do it!!!

xx

Hi everyone, congratulations to you all, hope everything is going ok. Clear blue confirmed this morning that i'm pregnant, is my second. gained 4 stone with my first pregnancy and although he's now 2 1/2 still have over 1 stone of my baby weight to lose. really want to stick to sw and manage to actually lose weight not gain absolutely loads. (although i obviously am aware i will gain some.) am worried they'll use the weight i am now to decide where i can and can't give birth.

The worse possiable thing happened...found out I had a miscarridge, such a horriable expereince and hope no else will go through this :(
However me and my partner have decided to try again after my first period :)

*hugs* I Love life - am so sorry this has happened to you and I wish you all the luck in the world in getting your next BFP

I found out I was pregnant last Saturday, wasn't expecting it at all as we haven't been trying and DS took a long while to concieve.
I want to stay on plan as I have lost 2.5stone already and don't want to have to do it all over again once I've had baby - although I do know that I will gain weight but am hoping afterwards I can quickly get back to the weight I am now - or less :eek:)

Good luck to everyone - I have no idea how far along I am as yet so am waiting for a scan appointment.

Back