Pregnancy and Slimming World

Can anyone tell me if doing slimming world while you're pregnant actually works? i've been really good this last week and nothing.

So sorry to hear your sad news ILoveLife - miscarriages are awful things to deal with, going through ours last year was one of the most difficult things I've ever experienced :( take care of yourself and hopefully you will be back soon - sometimes a mc is your bodies way of preparing itself for a full term pregnancy *hugs* to you and your other half.

CEP I don't know - I'm 18 weeks and have put on 4lb so far, I never expected to actually lose anything but am just aiming to minimise my weight gain instead. To be honest I haven't stuck to plan religiously and have treated myself if I've felt the need to so I'm probably not the best advert!

i was starting to worry i'd killed the thread. :) i know i'm not going to lose loads but was kind of hoping that as the baby grew the weight would swop as it were, my weight for it's. does that make sense? so basically i'd actually stay the same. Although i'm only 5 weeks so i wasn't really expecting any actual gain yet.

I have read stories of people who have managed to lose weight whilst pregnant or maintained their original weight so it can be done. I think the best mindset to have is to aim to keep weight gain to a minimum as much as possible and if you manage to lose or stay under then that’s even better :)

The biggest problem for me was definitely during the first 15 – 16 weeks. My body doesn’t seem to cope well with first tri and I suffer quite badly with queasiness, I haven’t actually been sick that many times during this pregnancy but I spent almost all day every day feeling sick. This totally put me off my food and it was a case of grabbing whatever I could to eat that I knew wouldn’t make me feel even more sick – not always easy and not always healthy. You may be lucky and not suffer with sickness but try not to worry too much about sticking to plan if you do get it – you really may not feel like eating the same things you do usually.

thankyou smileyshazza.

Hey hun - wish I could help but I'm the same - had McD's last night and had some of the OH's white choc cookie this afternoon!!!

Can you not have a little bit and syn it up??

Sorry I'm not much help! :(

Hi girls, I'm afraid I shall be leaving you again as I miscarried this week. All the best in your pregnancies and I hope to be joining you again soon.

Ferb & ILL, sorry to hear about your disappointments. Good luck for the future xx

Just about managing to stay sane myself as I had an early scan at 7.5 wks (all fine). Not sticking to SW though! I'm trying to minimise my weight gain and my C said it would be realisitic to aim to maintain my weight throughout pregnancy.

Most recent devlopment is that I have been exposed to parvovirus (slapped cheek syndrome) so had to go for yet another blood test today! Trying to keep smiling :~

Ferb & ILL - I am so very sorry to hear your news. Thinking of you and wish you all the best for the future! xx

Well, all good intentions of eating on plan flew rapidly out of the window. I just couldn't keep myself focussed and didn't join the group as I had intended. In my mind I kept thinking "It's only a few weeks, just treat yourself for now" Well, I've gained another stone in around a month! Some of this will be baby weight, but my clothes are definitely tighter in all the wrong places and I am under no illusions that all my gain is due to baby, it is very much all the stodge I have been eating...

I'm actually looking forward to getting back on plan and getting back to my pre pregnancy weight.

Really do wish I had stayed on at group for the last few months.

Hope everyone is ok xx

Hiya,

I think I'm doing ok, I had a long weekend with my uni friends and all we did was eat at the pub or eat biscuits at a friends house!

I only put on half a pound after all that which is good, although I also know it's because I couldn't partake in all the alcohol consumption that took place! Although I missed it at the time, I'm glad I could only have diet coke! :)

I'm not sure how much I've gained in total. It's less than 7lbs in 18 weeks of pregnancy though which I think is pretty good. I know I haven't stuck to plan but at the same time I haven't gone all out the other way as I did with my last pregnancy.

I am starting to eat more but am managing to stick fruit in first. My current weakness is chocolate but usually I just suck a square or 3 and I'm done, so much better than scarfing down a full bar each day.

Despite going back to some old bad habits (like hot chocolate made with sugar and evap milk! And adding a splash of oil in the pan instead of a spray) I think I'm doing ok. Most of my main meals are SW friendly, and I'm sticking to weetabix for breakfast. It's just the snacky things but I'm not going to worry about it.

My indigestion isn't as bad, I think it was because the bump moved up. I felt really bad with it for a week or so and then when I got up at the weekend, I had a bump! Sticking to a swig of gaviscon when needed now.

Hope you're all doing well? I'm really sorry for those of you who have lost :(

Hey everyone, I am joining in on this thread :). Just had my scan today at 12 weeks and all looks good. Was very nervous after a loss last year.

I havent been on plan the last month or so, as the sickness and food aversion has meant I have been off most stuff. But am hoping to get back on track soon to prevent any major weight gain going on.

I am so sorry to the girls who have had losses. I know exactly what you are going through right now and my heart goes out to you. Huge (((((hugs)))))

Hi all!! Wow lots have been going on since the last time I checked in!! Well this morning I got my positive!!! Feeling the effects of bloating and constipation too joy!!!
Have to speak with consultants due to my gb to make sure the sw plan is safe for me and baby without having a derestriction.

Take care everyone

Xxxx

So so happy for you hunney, I know how long you've been wanting this xxx

Hi every one

it's been lovely reading and catching up on every ones news and sad to hear of the losses too, I had a miscarriage in february so know exactly how you are feeling.

After a very ill start to my pregnancy, I suffer from HG and have had days where I was so sick I could n't even lift my head off the pillow without throwing up. I was dreading my holiday that was booked before I realised how ill I was going to be but amazingly about 4 days before I was due to fly my sickness started to ease off.

I'm now just over 22 weeks and my sickness is the best it's ever been. I have my off days, where I do throw up and am nauseous but I'm not taking any medication at the moment and despite all my other pregnancy issues I'm feeling so much better.

I'm having a little girl which is just amazing after having 4 boys in a row and this being my last shot so I'm so excited and have been a bit enthusiastic with shopping for pink things.

Weight wise I'm doing great - I'm not following the plan as such - after so long of constant throwing up I'm just enjoying being able to eat again however I am being sensible and restricting the bad stuff but if I fancy it, I'm having it within reason - I'm still 18 pounds lighter than when I found out I was pregnant and have lost over 5 stone so I'm really happy with that - if I can maintain for the rest of my pregnancy then objective will have been have been achieved and I will be back on plan once my princess has been born.

xxx

syns in appletiser?

Does anybody mind looking up how many syns are in a 330ml can of appletiser? I'm pregnant and following the plan but my midwife wouldn't sign my form so I can't go to group/access lifeline online! I got a can in my Emma' diary freebie pack today and I was thirsty so I drank it! Got syns to use so hopefully it's not TOO many and I can have another treat later on after my dinner!

Ferb Sorry to hear your sad news – look after yourself *hugs*

Welcome BritMuminCanada good to hear your scan went well :)

Congratulations on your new arrival mummymoo :)

Blimey I can’t believe there are 8 syns in a can of Appletiser – I love that stuff! I tend to water it down though as it is quite sweet, it makes it go further and encourages me to drink more water at the same time.

As for us we had our 20 week scan on Tuesday and all was well. It was amazing to see how much bubs has developed in those 8 weeks since the last one. We got a wave and a wiggle and even though the sonographer asked we decided not to find out the sex. We got a lovely picture too :)

Weight wise I had to be reweighed when we were at the hospital as they had made a mistake on my notes and muddled up my height and weight so they had my height as 85cm and my weight as 159kgs giving me a BMI of 206!!!!!!! It gave me a chance to see how much I’ve put on and I was a little bit upset to see I’d put on 3.6kgs since my 12 week scan :(

To be honest I haven’t stuck to plan that well, have been having far too many naughty treats and we have just come back from an all inclusive holiday last week which probably hasn’t helped my weight. Am worried now as I have an appointment with obstetrics next week because my BMI is over the recommended level and I was hoping that I would be able to show I’ve not put much on

Going to have to try and make up for it by really getting on track now and getting my head back onto plan!

Hope everyone is well :)

i'm a mummy! kathryn was born on 15th october and after a week in hospital is doing ok even if she is wearing outher mummy and daddy

and i've lost 2stone 2lb since she was born :0)

Congrats! On both the baby and the weight loss! :)

I got weighed on Monday and have gained 5.5lbs in just 2 weeks! Gutted as I know it's mostly bad eating. I've been really out of control and have had burger king twice, a takeaway curry and numerous biscuits and chocolates.

I'm trying to get back on plan this week. I know I can't stick to it 100% but I need to do some control as weight gain and bad eating are both bad for me and baby.

I've planned some syn-free evening meals for the week, and while my lunches aren't great, they have been healthier than last week! Today I'm eating a portion of red pepper/sweet potato/carrot soup, so don't feel so bad about eating that caramel bar that's sat in my drawer for this afternoon.

It's hard going though. Trying to get out of the mindset that if I'm going to get big anyway, I might as well eat it. Meh!

Back