Pregnancy and Slimming World

Knackered.com!!!!!! lol Been to scotland this wkend as my mum got married, its been an exhausting but fantastic time! I haven't stopped eating though so dreading weigh in tomorrow lol. My excuse is it really really helps with my sickness;) ! Been planning my meals this wk including making big pan of soup to snack on as well as sw quiche! Off work till friday so gonna make sure i rest/eat /rest/eat/rest/eat etc! lol

hope everyone ok xxx

rosiepeace said:
Am having a stress at the moment trying to get ready for baby no 2. Room is done, cot is up etc. However DH is still treating no 1 son, who is nearly 3, like a baby and lifting and carrying him about. He never shouts at him when he's done anything wrong on when he's doing something he shouldn't be doing and let him get away with everything - which means I'm the big bad mummy all the time - so whenever anything goes wrong DS runs to daddy - when we're out and DS puts his hands up DH always lifts him up and carries him!
Am just so worried that once baby arrives that DS is going to get so jealous if DH has the baby for anything and then that he's going to resent the baby or try hurting it. He's got a bad temper on him at the best of times sometimes!
So am currently feeling like I'm running a losing battle - have tried to explain all this to DH who just says 'it'll be fine'.
My temper is rising by the day due to being tired and feeling fat and everything else!

Is it just me overreacting or do I have a valid point here?!
Any views would be appreciated!

Hi Rosie,

I don't think you're overreacting, i think you're being very aware. I'm very conscious of how my little girl is gonna react to our new baby. My little girl is 2yrs and definitely a mummys girl.

Hubby and I have both spoke abt how we will approach the situation and we've both agreed that she needs to be involved with baby, make sure her routine doesn't change and make sure she still gets attention. We are gonna be as normal as possible.

Id sit down with your OH and if you haven't already done so, approach the topic in the way 'so how are we going to approach bubba joining our family?.....'

The advice given by my childminder is to make sure our little one is involved with bubba, let them hold baby, get them to help change the nappy and if you're gonna bottle feed maybe let him do it?

I do think your OH needs to be more conscious and not so dismissive over the situation.

I definitely don't think your over reacting x

0.5lb off lol can't be right after all i scoffed at wkend!

I feel fat too Bunny! gonna be a while before i even look pregnant due to fat belly! lol

1 off this week, although last week I put on 4lbs. I have no idea what's going on, I'm at the stage os weighing for curiosity now.

So 26/27 weeks, put on a stone exactly now.

I dare not weigh myself at the moment due to pressure with revision. Alhough once uni finishes in May I am going to start swimming as I it realaxing and help with toning :)

i think iv hit the 2st gain mark now for certain. but havnt been on the scales to face the music.

Iv had a really good day food wise today.. baby feels happy for it.

Hi girls I've not been doing too great last couple of days - have been having lots of dizzy spells whenever I get up or walk around. Accompanied with an awful headache yesterday too.
Got my 16week check up with my MW this afternoon so hoping she can shed some light on it.
Baby keeps swimming away from the Doppler too so I hope he/she behaves for my MW later!!

possibly some low blood pressure Sarah, it starts to come up after the midway point in pregnancy. Lots of fluids and make sure you have somethign sugary if you start to feel faint, like a can of full sugar coke in your bag. It's for emergencies, so not a 2-3 times a day thing and I found it helped when I was starting to feel wobbly.

Sometimes being pregnant can trigger low blood pressure and low blood sugar, if you've not eaten or drank anything for a couple of hours. Low blood pressure your blood is pooling in your legs and when you stand up, its not got enough time to get to your head.

My baby kept moving away from doppler too. Midwife gave them a row and told them "Right Toots! Behave for a minute!" then laughing because baby is so wriggly.

Thanks Lexie. Guess I'll find out later with my blood pressure. Would be odd for me though as my blood pressure has always been on the high side.
Off work at the mo as didn't want to fall down on a main road in central Cardiff!

Hahaha

When I was going through a stage of feeling really faint, like almost passing out, my over protective husband told me I'd have to stop going out walking, going out as much etc.

I said that if that was the case, he'd have to walk the dog the 2 times I do it daily, in addition to his own.

He thought about it for a moment and said "Well when you're out walking with her, just make sure it's on a main or busy road so if you do collapse someone will find you"

Chivalry. It's not dead

Hi sarah,
you might want to make sure your getting enough iron just in case its symptoms of anemia. You can get iron tablets for it but its best if you try and get it though your diet - meat, leafy green veg, plenty of vitamin c to help absorb it too and cut down on tea and coffee becaus eit can stop you absorbing so much from your food :).

Hello girls :) Hope everyone is ok?

Good luck at the MW today Sarah, crossed fingers she can shed some light on your dizzy spells. Take care of yourself x

I put on 1/2lb today :mad: I've been on plan all week, so a bit miffed. The people i have told about me being pg, they've said well it's to be expected! But as far as i'm concerned it's too early to put on- i have the grumps today :(

Thanks little red. I have been trying to have more iron although it's been tricky as I've gone off red meat, plus I'm desperately trying to eat through the freezer before buying more food!
Doing ok today - WM toast for brekkie, jacket pot for lunch (with quorn bolognese) and beef and veg stir fry for dinner - first time I've cooked any red meat for about 3 months!
I am still taking my pregnacare vits which contain iron, plus my levels were fine at my last test, but that was 6 weeks ago so I guess it could have changed - I'll ask my MW later.
Haha Lexie, bless your hubby!
Mine has totally put his foot down very protectively - there are some really busy roads I have to cross to get to work so he didn't fancy me falling over if I lose my balance and go giddy

Don't forget lentils/baked beans as a source of iron if you can't stand meat! Lentil dahl, nicely mild is good for iron, lentil and vegetable soups. At the start of my pregnancy I had a real hankering for lentil soup, homemade stuff.

dried apricots are also a good source and a handy snack t keep in your bag too. I've included a link to vegetarian sources of iron, because if you've got a scunner to meat its other sources for you to try http://www.vegsoc.org/page.aspx?pid=782

Also got my first real craving. Someone posted on Facebook this morning, a picture of a "Clyde Tunnel" roll, which is a slice of lorne sausage with black pudding in the middle.

So trailed about all day trying to find it, I really want some! Tried 4 butchers and then found one that sells it but they've none left. So I'm going back tomorrow.

This means dinner plans have changed, I had planned for an omlette but instead am having a fry up with a synful slice of black pudding and a slice of lorne sausage. And hunners of beans

Last edited:
Thanks lexie, I'll check that link out later.

Well I'm back and MW said the dizziness is because my blood pressure is low and I've done the right thing having a couple of days off.

She listened to the baby's HB on her Doppler and it sounded more like galloping horses, whereas at home it sounds like a train! HB was 144. She also congratulated me as I've put on less than a kilo since my scan at 10+6

I've also finally got all my notes so going to sit and read through them all now...

Hey all...well Im over a week late and still testing negative so guess that's me out! may have to go back doctors for a scan as before my last period i did not have one for 2 months...i think it may have something to due since coming off the pill back in Oct/Nov time but i really don't want to wait another 2 months before i can try again!!

Back