Pregnancy and Slimming World

I'm starting to feel a bit better thanks :) I'm eating lovely SW soup for lunch these days but still can't stomach much fruit which makes it hard for snacking. The biggest thing I'm missing is water though! I used to drink 3 litres a day and now I can't stomach it at all. I'd say I'm only getting about 1 litre into me.

I've my first appointment in the Coombe on 3rd march and I really hope they'll sign my form for SW as I'd love to keep going. I've heard a few people who didn't have any luck getting it signed though. :-(

Oh ur attending the Coombe are ya?!
U must b local then? The Coombe is 5mins from where I live (in the car!) but I attended Holles Street

Can I join you lovely ladies please? I'm currently 8w 4d. I started SW 4 days before baby conceived. I started SW in preparation for pregnancy and never expected it to happen so quickly.

After battling depression and an eating disorder I piled on about 7 stone so need to get this weight off.

I was worried about my 1st MW appt and what she would say about my weight, but she didn't lecture me which was a nice surprise.

Anyway less of my talking.... My current weight loss is 1stone 5.5lbs.

Congratulations on your weight loss and pregnancy :D bet that was a nice surprise been pregnant earlier than you thought :)

I'm currently 25+6 today with my second little boy. Jacob will be 3 or just turning 3 when this one is due... Day after his birthday lol! X

Oh ur attending the Coombe are ya?! U must b local then? The Coombe is 5mins from where I live (in the car!) but I attended Holles Street

I live in Maynooth so the Coombe is handiest really. Holles st would be handier for work but I don't mind being away from the office for longer for appointments!!

I live in Maynooth so the Coombe is handiest really. Holles st would be handier for work but I don't mind being away from the office for longer for appointments!!

Ha ha. Same for me. Coombe wud b handier for appointments. But getting an afternoon off rather than a few hours lol And in fact for the actual birth itd hav been handier but we chose holles street. Thankfully I didn't labour at peak hour!!!! Ha ha

Thank you Dubchick, Sinead and Jess.

It's my 1st baby and extremely anxious. I should NOT dr google everything :)

Thank you Dubchick, Sinead and Jess.

It's my 1st baby and extremely anxious. I should NOT dr google everything :)

Yes. Do as Jess says. Stay away from google n ask us there.. There is no such thing as TMI on that thread!!! The girls are fab :)
There's allot of first timers there too so we'll go thru ur worries n stresses with n we also have the ladies who are already mummies (like Jess) so have been there, done that, n doing it again :)

Happy Mothers Day to all the mums and mums to be!! XXX

Just found this today, so hope other people start posting too! I'm 11+3 today and have so far lost 7lbs, bringing me to a 3st loss and at 11st 1.5 I'm only 1.5lbs off my target! Hopefully I'll get it before I start to gain. I want that sticker lol

Hi anyone using this thread?? 12 weeks today
Going to do SW at home so I dont gain too much
Here goes

Goodluck Carjam im following sw loosely whilst pregnant :)

Hi!

I'm 11+3 and have put on 7lbs. I am trying to collate SW info and hope to start SW next week. It's be lovely to have a buddy or support through my journey.

My BMI is already high at 34 and I really want to maintain my weight. Due to my recurrent miscarriage's I cannot exercise but I hope to be given the all clear when I'm 16 weeks - will start walking and swimming :)

Hi welcome aboard :) I haven't done much exercise except walking & swimming & still not had massive weight gain so you should be ok :) Im currently trying to be good during the week & having weekends off plan & have only gained 4 pound & will be 20 weeks on sat! Noone is more shocked than me considering the nearly 5 stone weight gain last time :/ Its very quiet on here unfortunately but im usually around :) Sorry to hear about your miscarriages have you had your dating scan yet? x

Hi Tamkat,

Thanks for the welcome :)

I haven't had the dating scan yet, my nuchal appt is on Tuesday. I'm dreading it and looking forward to it at the same time. I also have the appt for harmony results later on next week so its looking like its going to be a busy week for Peanut!

Well done on your minimal weight gain - that's awesome! How many HEX A & B are you having? Your eating plan sounds sensible - well done you! The weight that I am now is the weight I was when I was 33 weeks pregnant. I struggled in my last pregnancy and had to be induced due to pre-eclampsia. I really hope that I can control my eating and not gain too much weight in this pregnancy.

Goodluck at the scan hope it all goes well :) Will you find out gender also with harmony test? I usually have 2 of each h.ex but generally follow green so not much meat.I really did struggle last pregnancy with my son as appetite was just off the scale & just ate constantly just to feel ok this time I have some control so wondering whether its a little girl? I think as long as you are are mindful but not too strict you can maintain or just gain steadily,I do worry about the last few weeks that I might pile it on!! x

Hi Ladies,

Im 6 weeks today and think im going to try and do a food diary. I have put on over half a stone since beginning of september as i had a miscarriage and completely fell off the wagon. I now have morning sickness quite alot and struggle with following sw. Any ideas would be great as I had 2 ginger biscuits for breakfast this morning.

I tried to eat things like baked beans,eggs, brown toast etc things that are filling as getting too hungry made my sickness worse,depends whether you have gone off certain foods tho as I couldn't stand eggs in my last pregnancy.I didn't follow sw rules for 1/3 superfree with meals as found that too restrictive.Writing down what you eat is a great start.I have just tried to follow green plan with 2 a & b healthy extras & extra syns if & when you need them & weekends I just eat whatever ;) x

Back