Pretika's Diary

Awww thanks hun - you are doing the right thing.... I am going to buy an outfit for my holiday in s smaller than normal size and aim to get in to it .... I have to try and get away from the scales and numbers because it is ultimately how you feel that matters. I carry all my weight in my hops and thighs so if I can het them in proportion I will be happy ..... Happy Friday Hun... Have a good day p

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Day 25 - up and about feeling good... got on th scales and it all went downhill.... It seems that I have not lost anything in 10 days!!

Still at 10st 7lbs???? so a bit confused.... I have my WI tonight which I think will tell the same story....

I really only wanted to do SS until next weekend as the plan should have got me down to 10st? but it seems that I am going to have to do one more week!!! - depressed! :(

Even though I had a 2 day break I only gained 3 lbs ( which was probably water) which I lost within 2 days... so theoritically I should be still burning fat????

I really wanted to be down to 10st 3 or 4 by now ???

oh well..... gonna keep on going.... or maybe I give up with CD and go back to healthy eating and then hit the gym BIG TIME.....

some advice please!!!

hiya hunny you are so close to your goal, maybe too close for SS'ing? maybe moving up to 810 would boost your metabolism and help with the loss?
Don't give up you are doing so well!
xx

Hiya - all.... ok so crunch time I am off for my WI... I have kind of made a decision that if I have not lost anything I am going to go up to 1000 plan ( 2 products and more food) and hit the gymbig time... I am really missing the exercise and to be honest 10 days of hell and not to lose anything will push me over the edge.. I know that I have lost the inches but it is not enough....

If I have lost at least something I will continue on SS for 1 more week....

Good luck!! Hope I've lost!! X

Did not lose even a pound .... Disappointed but going to keep going until the 13th on SS - I'm already in ketosis so may as well keep going for a little longer... Hopefully get me closer to the 9's. After that I am going to move to healthy eating and exercise ..

Meant to say uve lost. Fingers crossed for big loss next week!! :)

Hello lovely,

Based on my experience..... Which you have watched unravel itself. I think it is worth thinking about coming off CD. In retrospect, I kinda regret setting myself a 'weight' target, I said I didn't want to, and had to for the sake of my CDC's records..... That number then became all I cared about..... You've said it yourself, it's about how you feel.

So, you haven't eaten much for 10 days and no weight has shifted..... Stick with it for another couple of days, get on the scales on Monday morning, if there is still no movement then stop the diet. What's the point in not eating to maintain, when you already know that you can eat and maintain? Makes no sense.... Yeah you might just need an extra week to see a loss, but will that extra week see enough of a loss to keep you on CD, or will it be the kind of loss that you could realistically achieve with any other diet...? Remember, we do CD to lose the bulk fast, if you're going to lose between 1-2 lbs a week is it worth it?.... Remember, you've not got a lot to lose so it's not like you're gonna stay the same for two weeks and then magically lose 10lbs!

Who says you have to weigh 9.7....? Which would you prefer, 9.7 skinny, or 10.7 toned?..... One of the 'perks' of carrying extra weight is you have a better silhouette to 'mould' (did I spell that right?) into shape through exercise. A good workout plan devised by a good personal trainer (be careful, there far too many bad trainers out there) can get you the results you want.

I'll be honest, yes I make healthier choices by choice, but I've still had the 'naughty' things this week but am still feeling the benefits of my workouts already..... And it's only been a week! A good workout plan goes a long way..... Hours of cardio won't get you very far, bursts of intense cardio followed by weight and core training will.

Besides, I think it's important for maintenance that the last bit comes off slower. If we ss'd all the way to 9.7, started eating again, we would instantly put 2-3lbs on....

See how you go over the weekend. X

Hey Hun thanks for your thoughts !!! I hear ya and you are right ... My CDC says it just the dreaded week 3 plateau and I should try and push through it. .. I have bought 10 days of products so I committed to keep going until then I am in ketosis so the hard bit has been done and I don't have any nights out planned ... I gave up at this point last time and I did get down to 10 st 3 with exercise but I just want to give it a final push .... My head may say something different over the next few days but I do not want to look back and think I didn't try a little harder... Like last time .

So gonna go one day at a time and when I hit the brick wall I will stop !! Promise I did lose 4 Inches all over so that's something

How are you hunny I hope happier - not long for your hols ! How is the bikini looking ???? Thank you so much for your support.. Are you on Facebook ... Would love to keep in touch even after cd find me Pretika Uppal ( if you wanna)

Also Hun I am a member of a fantastic gym loads of classes and brill equipment ... Need some advice I used to do spinning classes and Cardio on the cross trainer and treadmill... My hubby said he will pay for some personal trainer sessions.... Do you recommend anything that will help with the toning and the last bit of weight... I do think that I don't get enough from my workouts anymore need pushing .. Any advice??

Day 26 !!! Ok feeling good.. Getting over my disappointment of STS my size 12 jeans are falling off so tried my size 10's !! And they fit !! I bought these 3 years ago when I first lost my weight and they are comfortable ! Really pleased !!

Any one shake down and some coffee off shopping now ...

I'm gonna do this one day at a time !!

Really want to
Get back to the gym....

Your plan sounds good. Just take it day by day. Losing inches is great, in fact, it's better than losing weight!
Maybe try some light exercise to give it that push.

The bikinis are looking better than they were. The core exercises I'm doing are starting to bring it all together. It's gonna take more than a week to get the abs I want but at least I'm heading in the right direction.

Pretika said:
Also Hun I am a member of a fantastic gym loads of classes and brill equipment ... Need some advice I used to do spinning classes and Cardio on the cross trainer and treadmill... My hubby said he will pay for some personal trainer sessions.... Do you recommend anything that will help with the toning and the last bit of weight... I do think that I don't get enough from my workouts anymore need pushing .. Any advice??

I saw a really good personal trainer, he was quite expensive £50 for the hour, but introduced me to weight training and core training. He drew me up a great workout I'm two sessions and then I went at it alone from there.

I do between 15-30 minutes of cardio... Uphill climb on the treadmill, cross trainer in a high resistance (level 12 on the cross trainers in my gym, virgin active) it's tough, but it's far more beneficial that just plodding along on level 3 for an hour.

After that I do split squats with free weights, kettle bell swings (google these exercises if you wanna know how to do them). Upright rows, chest presses, lat pull down (machine). I do a few sit-ups, not many, do planks, also a few different variations of planks.... It takes me' just over an hour to get all of that done. Feel the benefits after a few days.

I do spin class on Wednesday mornings, followed by my weights. Sometimes I just swim. Used to do zumba but haven't in a long time.

The best advice I can give is don't speak to a personal trainer in the gym, unless the advice they are giving you is free. Those guys aren't personal trainers, they are sales people. Ring round a few trainers, ask them about what they do.... Google something like 'how to spot a bad personal trainer' there are some good tips to help you choose.

All to frequently I see overweight women paying personal trainers for years and all they are doing is getting bigger and getting injured!! A good personal trainer will get you results, there are far too many crooks out there preying on venerable 'chubbies'

I saw one trainer who said to me.... Don't eat late at night..... He didn't even ask if I ate late at night, had he asked he would have known that I have dinner around 7 and a yogurt at around 8 and that's me' done for the day.

Also had another trainer who tried to 'review' my diet and told me that I eat too much yogurt and fruit.... One yogurt and two pieces of fruit a day is apparently too much....

Will defo find you on face book.... Just so you know I'm Chloe Kypps....

Awww thanks sooo much for the advice x

No problem. I hope it helps. I just got on the scales and I'm back to 10.7 but feel slimmer?.... It's totm this week so that'll put a few on. Ah well, to the gym I go.... X

Day 27 - all good but been cooking like mad just to keep busy .... 7 days to go on SS .... I just want this to be over with ..

Good news though weighed this morning and finally 2 lbs down ( after 12 days ) so down to 10 st 5 lbs

Well done lady! So pleased you've pushed past the plateau. Not long to go now!.... Don't go anywhere near tescos!!!

I've been gymming like crazy and am defo feeling the benefits of my weight training, tried one of the bikinis on this morning, looking much better than they were. Just one more week until I'm off on holiday!!! Yaay!!

Hey - hopefully on the home stretch .... Hopefully I can get as close as I can to the 10's defo not going on longer than next sunday - so want to get to the gym !!! Researching on personal trainers this week . Hopefully I can find someone who will help me get the body I want .. Now the weight has nearly gone ..

Enjoy the cakes Hun !! One more week till your hols !! Bet your sooo excited x

So one more week left. I'm sure you'll do another few lbs by then. But expect to put 2-3 straight back on... Usually water... I'm back up to 10.7, not really concerned as I am actually slimmer now at 10.7 than I was when I was 10.7 before... Does that make sense?

It must be so nice to see an end to this, you've done so well, your will power is amazing. Have a great week, I'll keep checking in on you.

Day 28 - so I have been suffering terrible hayfever this last week and I has finally caught up with me... Feeling rough but not hungry - this nasty taste in my mouth is disgusting... So gonna stay in bed and watch the xmen films ... Feeling a bit sorry for myself.... TOTM is approaching so ratty as well... Oh well just got to get through it !!! 6.5 days to go !!!!!

Back