Pretika's Diary

Day 21 - ok so I took a break over the weekend - it was my OH birthday and we had a wonderful weekend away. I did not go mad and made some good choices ... But alas I have gained 3 lbs - which I know is probably water .... But I am positive and back to it .... I know I can do this so first shake down and drinking water !!! Hopefully back in the pink by wed!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Pretika, hope you enjoyed your off plan hun, welldone for getting back on track! you'll lose that gain in a couple of days.
Hope you have a great week!
x

Aww thanks Lelly hope you are well .. I do go and peek on your thread to see how you are doing ...

Positive 3 lye of water down some chicken breast and 2 packs down and I don't feel hungry .... But I know it's day 2 that's a killer but I will keep going ... Desperate to see the 9's!!!

Day 22 - So today is will be the worst day of the week as I try and get back in to ketosis. I did step on to the scales and it said 10st 7lb which is a STS from last monday - this is fine as I did get down to 10st 5lbs and then went up to 10st 8lbs after my day off and today back down to 10st 7lb.. and hopefully tomorrow I will be back to 10st 5lbs...

I am going great guns although feeling peckish now - so had some chicken breast... I am in the right frame of mind and I going to do this !!

Near the end of day 22 ... Gonna have my choc mint shake! Hot ! .. I had some fish so a bit more than allowed on SS+ but hey if it helps me get in to ketosis it must be ok... Feeling the cold and hunger has gone so I must be close... 2 more weeks of this and I can then get back to life ... Need to lose 7 lbs in these 2 weeks so really need to focus ... I miss the gym not just the physical high but the mental high as well ... Might go tomorrow just to do a brisk walk on the treadmill....

Hope you all are well ....

your doing so well hun, 22 days!! fanastic...not long to go now you can do it!

Hey Lelly ... How you doing , you enjoying the low carb plan ?? You are doing really well too ... Just desperate to see the 9's... Been here before I know ... But this time I want to go down that extra half stone ...

yes loving it at the moment and 3lbs above goal weight and to be honest i would love to dip into the 9's again but happy with the way i'm eating at the moment so not worrying about it, spent too much time stressing about it over the last 2 years so feels like i've relieved the stress a bit...its nice!
xx

Day 23 - So I was up at about 5am and rearing to go... ketosis is here!! I have that horrible taste in my mouth and I want to cook!!

Anyways I am counting down the days until this is over. I think that I am back to my last WI weight of 10st 7lbs.. so 7lbs to go before I go back healthy eating and exercise... so in my mind i reakon by June 12th so another 11 days should get me down another 7 lbs...

I know it is only a number but i really have it in my head that I want to see the 9's...

Oh well - hope you all are having a great day!

yay for the big K....always used to make me want to cook lovely yummy stuff for the family that i wasn't going to eat....weird huh! like some form of self-torture... ha ha!

have a lovely day hunny

xx

Hi pretika I'm the same weight as you been doing 810 for 3 weeks and had enough now I want to do the healthy eating and exercise I just wanted to ask you if you have any idea when I come off cd will I have a big gain I have my holiday in two weeks and I'm ill at the thought of gaining all the weight back I really would like to loose another stone but would like to do it on a healthy eating plan x

Hiya - sorry for thelate reply. I did CD about 3 years ago and I have kept most of it off (3st) I am just going for a final stone so I am happy.

The main things is that you need to re-introduce food slowly... - so that you can learn what your max cal intake is to maintain... I stay at about 1200 calories.... so initially I calorie counted, but it soon becomes second nateure...

I love food as well and i do eat "naughty" things

so I think of exercise and food as a see-saw.. On exercise days when I know i have done a good work out I will eat what I want, but if I dont exercise I cut back... Its just a balancing act.

Will you put on weight straight away - maybe but you should only go up a few pounds ( about 3) which is water...

Build up your exercise and balance with a healthy diet - you cant go wrong...

I think everyone on this website knows that if you go back to eating as you did before you will put it all back on - so IMO you need to make the changes in your life and balance exercise and food to suit you... Hope this makes sense... Losing it is the easy part - maintanance is the juggling act... dont be afraid of food - read up on wholegrains, fruit veg and CARBS ! I found that bread just does not suit me and I just eat it anymore so I get my carbs from fruit and veg... I love take aways too.. but restrict to a friday - and i am in the gym on sat!!...

YOU can do this.... speak to Other Maintainers.. they can help you with some advice..

LellyCD ( she writes on my Wall) is fantastic she is a CDC and she wnet through maintaince as well.

Last edited:
Hey all - Nearing the end of Day 23 - defo in Ketosis.. OH wants to go out for dinner!!!! ARGGHHHH

So I am going to try and get some fish/chicken with salad...

Hope it does not effect my losses and I have only had one pack today

Morning all. day 24 soo last night we went out to a Chinese !!! I only had some chicken and some chicken in black beam sauce without sauce.... And yep you guessed right tested this morning and it is negative !!!! I really don't see how as o had NO carbs??? I am praying the stick is a dud ...
Anyways I am not giving up I mist be losing as I have no way had more calories then I need....
Today we are doing a just giving day so the company does something for the local community - we are de weeding a local school garden patch !! So I al going to be out in the sun all day but won't do anything too strenuous ... Should burn some calories ... But got to make sure I have 2 shakes before midday then as I wont get a chance until after 6 !!!

Have a good day

Have a great day hun, don't stress with those stix, in fact chuck em they are not worth the headache! You are doing the right things it'll work, although chinese food possibly sneaky carbs in there somewhere but don't worry!
have a good day weeding in the sun! don't forget your water today!

xx

Hey Pretika.

I'm still keeping an eye on you. Glad to see you're still going strong. Don't worry about the Chinese. There are far worse things you could have eaten!

Not long left for you to go so stay focused. Eye on the prize! X

Hey q - how are you I am still going -in ketosis and going strong - WI Tom but my scales say that I have not lost even a pound .... I know I had the weekend off but I have been back on it for 4 days and in ketosis - will be disappointed if I stay at 10 7 .... I was hoping that I would only need to do one more week of SS to get to 10 st and then i can lose the rest with exercise .... Looks like I will have to do 2 more weeks *sigh* How are you ? You feeling better ??? How is the exercise going??

Pretika said:
Hey q - how are you I am still going -in ketosis and going strong - WI Tom but my scales say that I have not lost even a pound .... I know I had the weekend off but I have been back on it for 4 days and in ketosis - will be disappointed if I stay at 10 7 .... I was hoping that I would only need to do one more week of SS to get to 10 st and then i can lose the rest with exercise .... Looks like I will have to do 2 more weeks *sigh* How are you ? You feeling better ??? How is the exercise going??

Hey,

I'm doing alright. Not really on any kind of diet just eating what I like really. As luck would have it the things I like are generally good foods. Today I had a chicken wrap for lunch and salmon with asparagus in creme fresh and couscous. Followed by fruit and yogurt. I did have cake yesterday but I'm not even going to start to stress about it.

The workouts are going well, really enjoying being able to do full workouts and am feeling the benefits of the weight training already!

It is disappointing staying the same, part of me regrets coming off the diet because I stayed the same, I do think if I had pressed on for another week of ss I may have seen a loss. But then another part of me thinks if I'd have gotten to the end of the next week and not lost more than 3lbs I would have been so pissed off!.....

Like you said to me, you have so little to lose that loss is bound to slow down. I admire your strength to have planned days off and get straight back on track. That's a skill I never acquired on Cambridge. I think with all that will power you are likely to be successful at step 3 for a bit, eating more for a little while may give your body the 'shock' that it needs.... Sometimes it just gets used to what we're doing and that stalls our losses aswell.

Anyway. That's enough rambling from me, you know what you're doing, stay focused. X

Back