1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Pretty silly question really.

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Barneymctrouble, 11 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Barneymctrouble

Barneymctrouble Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi, I have been trying some recipes on here and they have been great, however having always eaten big portions and growing up in a house where big portions were always there I have no idea about portion sizes!!

I was wondering if anyone could help me, when making mash potatoes, how many medium sized potatoes is right for an adult. Sorry if that sounds like a silly question.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Slimming World
    Gosh - I have no idea!! haha

I tend to only make mash for the kids these days & will do prob 2/3 spuds for them two, if thats helps at all!!

I guess you could see it as so many spuds each while you peel???
  4. evethewitch

evethewitch Silver Member

big portions is good sometimes my oh will ask how can u eat that much and still lose thats why sw is so fab eat till you are satisfied not till u are stuffed:)
  5. nin

nin Full Member

slimming world
    When I did it a couple of years ago I used to eat huge piles of mash and massive bowls of pasta then go back for 2nds. I lost 2 1/2 stone. X
  6. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    I just use any leftovers for other things like hash browns or potato scones
  7. rolokate

rolokate Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world
    mash freezes well so if you have too much thats what you could do or turn it into bubble and squeak with cabbage and bacon
  8. -Tally-

-Tally- Silver Member

I swapped from a big dinner plate to a normal sized one which made my portion sizes smaller straight away. I would normally have a third of the plate as mash, maybe a 1/5 quorn and just under 2/3 vegetables.

I would liken my mash portion to a large clenched fist, lol
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.