Pretty silly question really.

Hi, I have been trying some recipes on here and they have been great, however having always eaten big portions and growing up in a house where big portions were always there I have no idea about portion sizes!!

I was wondering if anyone could help me, when making mash potatoes, how many medium sized potatoes is right for an adult. Sorry if that sounds like a silly question.

Thanks in advance.

Gosh - I have no idea!! haha

I tend to only make mash for the kids these days & will do prob 2/3 spuds for them two, if thats helps at all!!

I guess you could see it as so many spuds each while you peel???

big portions is good sometimes my oh will ask how can u eat that much and still lose thats why sw is so fab eat till you are satisfied not till u are stuffed:)

When I did it a couple of years ago I used to eat huge piles of mash and massive bowls of pasta then go back for 2nds. I lost 2 1/2 stone. X

mash freezes well so if you have too much thats what you could do or turn it into bubble and squeak with cabbage and bacon

I swapped from a big dinner plate to a normal sized one which made my portion sizes smaller straight away. I would normally have a third of the plate as mash, maybe a 1/5 quorn and just under 2/3 vegetables.

I would liken my mash portion to a large clenched fist, lol

Back