Pretty Summer Dresses - My diary

I feel ur pain on the No sleep front! I barely get 6 hours a night with my son, up at 5 Every morn and these past 2 weeks or barly had any sleep with him being ill, really does make it so much harder! I hope u get some sleep tonight and have a lovely time with the girls :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My goodness...sounds like you need a good nap Stef!

Im tucked up in bed with a cuppa now...the night out turned out to be pretty awful...my goodness men can be arrogant! We had a bit of a dance but ended up coming home. Iv actually only just had my 3rd pack of the day and will have my fourth in a minute...havnt really been hungry until now but today iv had a lot of coke zero and gum which I know is allowed but does make me feel wary, I don't want to have it everyday just incase it does interfere. On to day 6 tomorrow hey...cannot wait to get to week two so I can relax a bit!

Oh no sorry it wasn't a good night! Men Pffft!!!

Woohoo to day 6, a week tomorrow well done you!! xxx

I feel dead...I woke up thinking about food weirdly so I had a sneaky look at the scales to remind me how good im doing...would love to lose 1-2 more pounds for sunday morning but can't see that happening! That aside i'm feeling pretty positive, had a very obvious but very strange thought today. It just sort of it me that if I do this for a long enough amount of time I I WILL get to my goal weight. I know that sounds really silly but iv never expected myself to get there so iv never thought of it that way before! Only 37 pounds to go :(

U sure will hun! 37lbs sounds a lot but you will get there much quicker on this diet than others and it will fly by :) xxx

I hope so!

Well it's 04.11am and Iv literally just got into bed! Went to a party tonight, had a very amusing time watching lots of people I don't know get very drunk as I sipped my coke zero! Iv been so busy today Im only just about to have my last 3 packs....so so bad of me! I really hope it's okay to do it this way, im having a double spicy spaghetti which is so exciting as its a whole bowlful and then a choc bar after! I had a shake this morning plus lots of tea and coke zero so thats why...its practically breakfast time...hope this doesnt interfere with my 1st week weigh in sunday morning! I was tempted to just go to bed but im making myself eat and i want do do this properly.

This guy pretty much asked me out tonight too, thought he was being flirty but couldnt really tell and then he just asked if he could take me to dinner! I said ask me again when you're sober ahaha...plus...dinner?! All these months we've known eachother and he chooses now! Ah well...we'll see what happens! Im focusing on me right now...which im really realising as I have never been able to resist a few cheeky drinks! Proud of myself! Anyway, would love your opinion on doubling up packs etc...hope its okay :/

Oh my...I am SO FULL! It's crazy to think a week ago that wouldnt have touched me, but now eating it all at once I feel stuffed! Hopefully finally get a good sleep! Just really hope it doesnt affect my weight loss this way!

From what I've heard, you should try to not have your packs together like that too often. Apparently so many carbs at once can throw you out of ketosis for a little while depending how sensitive you are to carbs. That's what they say about double packs so assume it's the same or worse for triple packs lol

I don't think there's anything wrong with having two packs together for dinner - it's what I've always been doing! Breakfast at 11am - Lunch at 3pm - Dinner at 8pm (a double).
The thing with ketosis is that - no matter what you eat, whether one pack or two, for a little while after 'food' you will be out of ketosis, regardless of whether it's just one pack or not.

I think as time goes on and ketosis *really* sets in (or your body re-adjusts to expect less food?), waiting such a long time between packs becomes more difficult.. in weeks 2-4, I felt like I could live on nothing if I felt like it... by week 6-7, I NEED my packs every 4-5 hours or I'm so so so lethargic and foggy.

So be careful hun and watch how you feel.

As for Wi and how you have packs, well... as most Nutritionists will tell you - doesn't matter WHEN you have your calories, as long as it's less in than out, you're ok! All that not eating after 6pm is a bit silly!

Well done on resisting the drinks - hope party was fun!
x

Thanks lovelies :)

Just on my first shake of the day...I really need to spread these out more! Out again tonight (sober...ugh I hate it!) so spose I can catch up later on. Would it be awful to have a bit of vodka and coke zero? Surely its got no carbs anyway...?!

The problem with having some alcohol - is that it may lead to temptation to have more and then loss of judgement over food.
Whenever I used to go out to have a drink, I'd decide to limit myself BEFORE I went out to maximum of 4 gin & low-cal tonic / or whatever spirit and no-calorie drink you have. I'd stick to it.

Alcohol does have calories - it's roughly 50 calories per shot. You may not necessarily knock yourself out of ketosis - but your liver is put under more pressure and burns alcohol instead of fat instead.

There is also a danger of drinking alcohol when in ketosis - in some people it has induced very bad ill effects, generally I'd say don't do it. I've done it because I didn't know any better at the time - but everyone is different. It can affect some people much worse than others.

I would only have 1 or 2 max, and I know that I would stick to that as iv done it while calorie counting etc...I just dont want it to effect my weight loss. Its my first weigh in tomorrow morning so I don't want to do anything to hurt that but at the same time its rare for me to have a sat night out with my girls and its depressing to not be a little tipsy with them! I don't drink much usually at all its just iv had this week off work which is why iv been out. I don't know what to do :/

Well, it's not the last time you'll go out with your friends - if you skip this one - next time you'll be slim and confident and you can enjoy yourself so much better!

This diary is about honesty and accountability...so here comes my honesty!

Today I have had my milk and 1 shake. Tonight I will be having 120ml vodka with dr pepper zero which is the same amount of calories as two shakes, then I will have a bar. Is this advisable? Probably not but im young, single and I want to have fun! I'll let you know how it goes!

Technically it's not advisable - as alcohol in ketosis can be dangerous... But you are your own person and you can make adult decisions on your own. We all do silly and stupid things.

So have fun - and remember to be good!! :D I think - though - if you are going to do it - stick to your vodka ration but DO have a shake (spag bol or something!) when you come home. You can't run on empty! :) You still need the nutrients and vitamins in the packs!!

Have the packs and the alcohol would be my advice. I'd actually recommend coming out of ketosis to drink, much safer.

I really appreciate all of your advice so thank you :)

It didnt turn in to a very eventful night, had a lovely time in with my girls but when we went out it was a bit rubbish so we came home for a cuppa haha so cool of us! I stuck to my 120ml of vodka with dr pepper zero and am now just having a mac n cheese pack before I try and get some sleep. I don't regret my decision and It was enough to enjoy my night so that's fine. I feel a little down generally, I blame it on the diet but I know logically it not that, it's just my emotional response to want to devour anything I can get my hands on! Sometimes I find it really hard when all of my friends are talking about their relationships...feels like i'll never find anyone!

I can't quite believe its been a week, I weighed myself out of interest a minute ago as im curious as to how alcohol effects it but my official weigh in is tomorrow morning. I really hope the alcohol hasnt knocked me out of ketosis Iv quite enjoyed not being hungry and thinking about other things!

Back