Primal Eating and Intermittent Fasting - Phoenyx's Experiment of One...

Hi found your diary and here to give it a follow ....found it really interesting never heard of this diet but have heard of intermittent fasting and it's benefits x

Morning Phoenyx hope you are having a good weekend x

Rednicola said:
Hi found your diary and here to give it a follow ....found it really interesting never heard of this diet but have heard of intermittent fasting and it's benefits x

I guess this is a branch of intermittent fasting, I don't do it properly because I've never done more than two down days (fasting days) a week.

Thank you very much for the kind comments about diary!

Weekly update:

Exercise

Mon DD. 35 mins of wii Zumba
Tues UD, 26mins kettleworx resistance 1, 10 mins running (mile in 10.05)
Wed DD none
Thurs UD 8-9 mile walk along the Dorset coast
Fri UD 25 min brisk walk
Sat ID 6 x 20 second sprints, kettleworx core 1 (26 mins), 40 min walk
Sun UD 75 mins walking

Food
Mon 476 (net 263) carbs 27g
Tues 2072 (net 1642) carbs 54g
Wed 606 (net cals 606) carbs 19g
Thurs 2123 (net cals 932) carbs 77g
Fri cals 2585 (net cals 2482), carbs 69g
Sat cals 1720, (net cals 1254), carbs 33g
Sun cals 1862 (net 1503) carbs 53g

Av cals per day - 1634
Av net cals (less exercise) - 1240

Weight at start of week: 12.11
Mon (after UD) 12.10.6
Tues (after DD) 12.10.6
Wed (after UD) 12.10.4
Thurs (after DD) 12.10
Fri (after UD and long hike) 12.11
Sat (after UD and night out) 12.11
Sun (after IM) 12.12 !!!

Weight change this week: +1 :(

Fat % on scales at start of week - 41.1%
Fat % on scales at end of week - 40.6%

Last edited:
So I was feeling down about gaining until I found this post I submitted on 25th June (2 weeks ago)

Weight: 13.4 (up 3lbs after carb overload)
Waist: 38 inches (top of belly button)
Hips: 45 inches (widest point)
Thigh: 28.5 inches
Arm: 13.5 inches
Chest: 36 inches
Bust: 41 inches

So even though I've gained a pound, I'm down 6lbs in the last 2 weeks!!!

I also did my measurements (which I'll post in full later, but I've lost 2 inches off my waist, one off my arms and one off my thighs in 2 weeks! Girls - take your measurements! I'll take that over weight loss any day!!!

Some great stats their Phoenyx.

My daily cals over my first 8 day week Juddding averaged at 1346. carbs averaged at 51.

Very envious of your long walk along the Dorset coast. My idea of Heaven.

Rhyannasmum said:
Some great stats their Phoenyx.

My daily cals over my first 8 day week Juddding averaged at 1346. carbs averaged at 51.

Very envious of your long walk along the Dorset coast. My idea of Heaven.

Especially as I was being paid for it (school trip!)!!! Sadly it's only once a year!

Well done on your first week - how much have you lost?

Your stats are looking good, I'm a newbie to the body analyser scales and they are fab at showing us things are changing even if it's not our weight

20 lost : 47 to goal

Thought I'd post a piccie of my weight loss graph . It's weird, I seem to gain a little weight before a big drop...

image-1850881947.jpg

I lost 2lb this week Phoenyx.

But to qualify that I have to add that for about 3 weeks prior to starting Juddding I had been fluctuating between 9.12 and 10 stone. The day I started Juddding I weighed 10 stone and half a pound. This morning it was 9.12.5.

The real truth of the matter will come next week when I see if I can get below the 9.12 mark. I may throw a party the day my scales say 9.11.

I was planning a heavy session in the gym today, but you've set me off thinking about a long walk. I may take the dog and swap my gym session for a very long hilly walk in some good rambling countryside I know. Mark Sissons has a lot to answer for.

Rhyannasmum said:
I lost 2lb this week Phoenyx.

But to qualify that I have to add that for about 3 weeks prior to starting Juddding I had been fluctuating between 9.12 and 10 stone. The day I started Juddding I weighed 10 stone and half a pound. This morning it was 9.12.5.

The real truth of the matter will come next week when I see if I can get below the 9.12 mark. I may throw a party the day my scales say 9.11.

I was planning a heavy session in the gym today, but you've set me off thinking about a long walk. I may take the dog and swap my gym session for a very long hilly walk in some good rambling countryside I know. Mark Sissons has a lot to answer for.

He sure does - I was sprinting up and down my road yesterday. Have to say though, I enjoy exercise so much more now! And my children join in more, which means I don't have to go out for a run the minute I have babysitting which is what I used to do! Now they either race me or time me on the sprints, and join me walking (scooting if I want to go briskly as they've still got little legs!!!)

Well done on your loss, and I'm sure you'll get to 9.11, even if t takes 2 more weeks... Don't you wish it was quicker!! Still, better slow than never!

So this week, I'm not weighing myself and not counting calories. My "down days" will be 2 or 3 days where I fast during the day and have a light meal in the evening. I want to listen to my body more and move the focus off short term diet and on to long term relaxed approach to eating.

I'm going to miss the stats tho. I love the stats!

Good luck Phoenyx.
How long do u plan to keep off the scales?
X

Evening Phoenyx well done on the NSV, I really believe the body fat theory behind this way of eating, I was going to start measuring this week but can't find my blimmin tape measure!!! Will buy a new one and start sat on my next weigh in, its the measurements that tell the tale x

MrsC999 said:
Good luck Phoenyx.
How long do u plan to keep off the scales?
X

Just a week to start with. I'm less concerned about the scales and more about my obsessive calorie counting. It'll be harder to stay away from mfp than the scales!!! Last time I tried, I went back on and added the missing entries in retrospect! I'll log what I eat here instead.

Just read through your diary Phoenyx, its so interesting and love your stats knowledge, I can't calculate anything! Anyway totally back up what you have noticed about the inches lost, I see a big difference in my body even though I haven't lost as much weight as I did on cambridge!

Back