Primal Eating and Intermittent Fasting - Phoenyx's Experiment of One...

Phoenyx said:
The worlds most horrible exercise - a cross between a press up and a star jump (press up, jump up, back to press up, repeat until you vomit). I make it sound so appealing too...

I am going to my first cross fit taster class tonight! With a view to completing the foundation on sat then doing the classes! Can't wait, heard some great things about it all

AnnieAnnie said:
What's cross fit? Heard a few people mention it now.

Mad training, based upon building functional fitness using gymnastic type techniques, interval training and minimal equipment. visit www.crossfit.com. They have the crossfit games which are mental (was on last weekend).
They have crossfit classes in America too.

I can't do much crossfit coz it's too hard, but I have a go every now and then!

I'll give that a miss. Would probably kill me :faint2:

V quick post coz I've been our tonight and have stuff still to do...

After my sugar attack last night, I decided to do a part fast in the morning. I was actually quite proud of myself coz it didn't get out of hand!

Fasted from 7.30 til 1pm, 18 hours
1.30pm smoked salmon salad, coffee and cream, strawberries
4pm small banana Pre run
7pm dinner out: scallops and bacon to start, followed by steak, large side salad, glass of red wine, and 20g dark chocolate when I got home.

Exercise: 20 min walking, 40 min run

Yep, I'm annoyed with my weight too this week. I'm reading the primal blueprint and almost 100% convinced that this is the way forward for me. I think I've got the gist of the basics so I'm going to have a go at eating primally today and see how I get on.

Arghhh I'm annoyed with my weight which is up and down this week... Bodyfat is down again though.

Mon 12.9.8 (bf 40.2)
Tues 12.8.2
Wed 12.8.8
Thurs 12.10.4 (bf 39.6%)
Fri 12.9.8 (bf 39.3%)[/QUOTE
The body fat is the most important thing though Phoenix. It's the thing I want to see heading down anyway!

Ohh :( :( :( fell off the wagon big time. 2 and a half days of eating crap, and now I feel like that! I know I can't possibly have undone all my good work, but it feels like I have - my tums bloated and my trousers are tight. Anyway, back with a vengeance today, and was supposed to go up to my mums tomorrow but I've delayed until fri to make sure I'm truly back with the healthy eating before I put myself in temptations way. I don't know why I do this to myself...why can't I just have a cheat meal and that's that. Why does it have to turn into a binge?

It all started on Friday at the end of term meeting. I was hungry and dehydrated, was offered a callippo, then chocolates, then went out for coffee and cake, then to a pub quiz where I had half a ploughmans. Then next morning I had full on sugar cravings and for some reason decided I'd start again with paleo on Monday, what was I thinking!!!

Anyway, I'm glad to be back. Too scared to weigh myself. Maybe in a couple of days when the water weight has gone.

Today:

9am 2 boiled eggs, salad with homemade vinegrette, black coffee
2pm roast chicken breast and leg, broccoli, leek, black coffee
7pm Chicken salad with avocado, red pepper, tomato, cucumber and a drizzle of olive oil, coffee with coconut milk, strawberries, handful of almonds, 15g dark choc, green tea

Water: 2 litres

Exercise: 2 hrs mowing the lawn, 1 hr walk

Don't be so blooming hard on yourself woman! We're only human after all. You're just having all your 20% non Paleo in one go ;)

greeneyedhippychick said:
Don't be so blooming hard on yourself woman! We're only human after all. You're just having all your 20% non Paleo in one go ;)

So true! The thing I love about paleo is that I always have something to come back to, and it doesn't involve mad diets or not eating. I just pulled out rob wolfs book, and his 30 day paleo plan and got inspiration from there to get back on track. I know in a few days I'll feel fine.

Phoenyx said:
Ohh :( :( :( fell off the wagon big time. 2 and a half days of eating crap, and now I feel like that! I know I can't possibly have undone all my good work, but it feels like I have - my tums bloated and my trousers are tight. Anyway, back with a vengeance today, and was supposed to go up to my mums tomorrow but I've delayed until fri to make sure I'm truly back with the healthy eating before I put myself in temptations way. I don't know why I do this to myself...why can't I just have a cheat meal and that's that. Why does it have to turn into a binge?

It all started on Friday at the end of term meeting. I was hungry and dehydrated, was offered a callippo, then chocolates, then went out for coffee and cake, then to a pub quiz where I had half a ploughmans. Then next morning I had full on sugar cravings and for some reason decided I'd start again with paleo on Monday, what was I thinking!!!

Anyway, I'm glad to be back. Too scared to weigh myself. Maybe in a couple of days when the water weight has gone.

Today:

9am 2 boiled eggs, salad with homemade vinegrette, black coffee
2pm roast chicken breast and leg, broccoli, leek, black coffee
7pm Chicken salad with avocado, red pepper, tomato, cucumber and a drizzle of olive oil, coffee with coconut milk, strawberries, handful of almonds, 15g dark choc, green tea

Water: 2 litres

Exercise: 2 hrs mowing the lawn, 1 hr walk

O Pheonix I had a feeling when you werent posting :(:( but I agree with G we're only human hun so dont beat yourself up , just look forward never back and you had a great day yesterday :):):) sugar is an evil drug once you taste it that's it !!!! I can honestly leave alcohol alone but choc sweets and bread ..once I taste it I can't stop and end up going on an all out mad binge I just can't do moderation with that stuff x

Good to have you back hun and yeah don't weigh let your body calm down first xx

How good, in a perverse way, that you feel bad as it means getting back to paleo will feel good, motivating you to stick with it. Hope it's not too painful :)

Today so far

Exercise (10am: 30 mins treadmill ( 2min walk, 2 min jog, 2 min run 1 min fast x 4), 26 min kettleworx resistance week 2, 2pm 30 min lawn mowing)
11.30 Greek yoghurt with strawberries and almonds, black coffee
3.30 burger (no bun) with green beans and broccoli at farm shop cafe, coffee & cream
5.30 handful of almonds, slither of left over smoked salmon
8pm large bowl of homemade chicken soup

Last edited:
Do you like the kettleworx series? Work long hours away from home during the week so exercise is difficult, thought this may be a good thing to incorporate.

I do like the kettleworx series but miss the fact it doesnt cover some of the more basic exercises I like, like push ups, lunges etc. lots of squats and planks tho. The core workout is great! And although it's cheesy, the workout goes really quick coz he changes exercises often, which is good.

For travelling, if you have a laptop / iPad or iPhone with you I'd def recommend getting jillian michaels 30 day shred digital copy. Then you can do it wherever you are. It helps to have weights with you but if you don't, there are plenty of body weight exercises to do eg lunges, squats, push ups, star jumps etc

Ooooo that's a great idea about downloading an exercise thing ....mind you I'm in a RV so
They might wonder what we're up 2 if the van starts shaking lol

Back