primal plum

I've not seen OH for nearly 2 weeks but he picked me up a decent blender - so hoping I can join you in making my own almond butter this week. I bought a jar of cashew nut butter last week, sweeter than almond but absolutely delicious - it's half empty already!
Your meals are all sounding pretty yum - I have never eaten as many eggs in my whole life but definitely the better for them. Sweet potato, egg and almond flour pancakes with chorizo and tomato for breakfast. Delicious.
I have some chorizo left and half a roast chicken in the fridge so going to steal the chicken chorizo stew idea. Do you use a tomato base or a stock base?

I've not seen OH for nearly 2 weeks but he picked me up a decent blender - so hoping I can join you in making my own almond butter this week. I bought a jar of cashew nut butter last week, sweeter than almond but absolutely delicious - it's half empty already!
Your meals are all sounding pretty yum - I have never eaten as many eggs in my whole life but definitely the better for them. Sweet potato, egg and almond flour pancakes with chorizo and tomato for breakfast. Delicious.
I have some chorizo left and half a roast chicken in the fridge so going to steal the chicken chorizo stew idea. Do you use a tomato base or a stock base?

Prob too late now as I suspect you've eaten your chorizo but I do mine with a stock base as too many tomatoes don't agree with me. :)

Cashew butter sounds good, I may try some sometime! You should have fun making various butters if your blender is cooperative. :)

So exhausted today after two very long days at work, and I didn't fuel myself very well yesterday. I wound up going to Pizza Hut with a friend and her little girl and having gluten-free pizza. Today I feel very fat and exhausted, not a good combo. I think I would have felt that way anyway after the two days at work but I'm sure the pizza didn't help!

So far this week I have just been trying to cut back on treats and extra snacks (I still have a snack between lunch and dinner because we eat quite late) to see if my weight will slowly drop back down but if I keep eating pizza I will never know! Sigh!

Trying out a new exercise methodology today; I have done yoga but also some kettlebell exercises. But instead of doing a DVD I just picked some exercises and did 3 sets of them slowly, with a 10 minute rest between each set. Hopefully this will allow me to bring some strength training back in but we'll see how I feel tomorrow!

Food today:

Breakfast: carrot/courgette pancakes, bacon, venison biltong and macadamia nuts

Lunch: moroccan lamb meatballs with tomato sauce, green beans and a few tiny new potatoes, an orange

Dinner: the chicken and mushroom stir-fry I ought to have had instead of gluten-free pizza! and some rhubarb compote

There will probably be a snack at some point but lunch was quite late so I may not be hungry for one. There are some blueberries staring at me from the fridge. :)

Last edited:
Food looks good :D and the exercise sounds interesting too, cant wait to start using kettlebells too x

Food looks good :D and the exercise sounds interesting too, cant wait to start using kettlebells too x

Thank you - hope you enjoy the bells! You can get a very good workout in quite quickly with them which is always nice. :)

Last couple of days of food:

Thursday (completely mad day at work with a nice mini crisis at 5:25pm, boo)

Breakfast - scrambled eggs with sausage and asparagus
Lunch - missed due to busyness - eek
Dinner - slow cooked lamb shanks with veg

Friday

Breakfast - Mexican scrambled egg bowl (egg, bacon, homemade salsa, cheese, avocado) - think next time I will use chorizo for a change
Lunch - beef and veggie soup plus a little bit of Thursday's chicken salad lunch, bit of chocolate
Dinner - rest of the lamb shanks and veg including garlicky courgette noodles - yum!!! Stewed rhubarb and strawberries with a little maple syrup and vanilla

Saturday

Breakfast - wheat belly cheesy biscuit with Heck! sausage patty and fried egg - primal mcmuffin!
Lunch - prawn fried 'rice' (cauliflower rice)
Dinner - Chocolate beef chilli from Well Fed, garlic spinach and roasted carrots plus a small portion white basmati, rest of the rhubarb with strawberries

I have been losing weight this week, but I don't think it's the Cyprus weight yet. My carbs have been a little too low - I can tell because this morning I get dizzy if I stand up too quickly - and so I'm sure this is water weight. So I'm going to try to up my carbs a little bit but still avoid too many treats or fruits - this morning's breakfast biscuit aside! I won't lie though, it's nice to see the scale moving away from the top of my target range even if it is only water weight!

Exercise-wise, my experiment on Wednesday seems to have worked! Hooray! Really pleased about that. I'm going to try the same again later today. Feeling a bit tired as yesterday I was short on sleep and dealing with one of our cats who went in for some dental work and had a reaction to the anaesthetic so will make sure to get plenty of rest in between mini kettlebell rounds!

In other news, I had read that paleo people can sometimes see a reduction in hay fever symptoms. I must say that this year I've been using my allergy reliever light therapy device as normal but am so far free of the tingly 'my head is full of ants' feeling I had last year even when using it (or taking antihistamines in previous years). Definitely a welcome improvement!

Last edited:
Didn't manage to exercise yesterday as it turned out I was in need of a whole lot of resting. Feeling relatively perky this morning though so planning to do some. Although I also want to go to a classic car show near us (mostly so I can sob over a car from the early 70s that is a ringer for the one my parents had when I was young, and the fact that it is now a 'classic' - sigh) so will need to balance this up a bit. I also need to go into work for a few minutes as I had one of those 'gah! I didn't do x and it must be done by 8am Tuesday' moments in the middle of the night last night. I really hate what ME has done to my brain. Or maybe it's that and the fact that I'm getting old - see classic car lament above. ;) :D :eek:

Sunday food:

Breakfast - green smoothie, mexican breakfast bowl with chilli beef, a little bit of rice, fresh salsa, avocado and a smidge of grated cheese
Lunch - salmon fishcakes with homemade tartar sauce, salad and beetroot plus a little leftover prawn fried 'rice', one date
Dinner - Well Fed pad thai with sunshine sauce (yum yum), sweet potato, and a Make it Paleo 'oatmeal' cookie

Exercise: 3 sets of kettlebell exercises done spread out over time, 1/2 hr yoga

Monday food:

Breakfast - practical paleo coco-nutty grain-free porridge, heck sausage
Lunch - chicken, chorizo, sweet potato and kale stew
Dinner - shepherd's pie with cauliflower mash topping, cabbage, carrots, stewed rhubarb for afters

Last edited:
If I win the lottery will you come be my chef and chief rhubarb grower?

:) its look great but if you just go on google and write "the best way to look comfortable" in the first ruselt i think that you will get your solution, for free .:wave_cry:
Ahh but we want to look and feel great. Not comfortable. And stripes are for deckchairs and clowns no matter how big or small you are. :)

Morning :D

Hope you had a good weekend and that the new excercise routine is working for you x

Thank you! The weekend was really nice here; Saturday and Sunday were lovely and I got out to enjoy the sun a bit. And my exercise still isn't wiping me out so I'm pretty pleased about that.

Food today:

Breakfast - scrambled egg with homemade salsa, avocado, and a smidge of cheese
Lunch - chicken, chorizo, sweet potato and kale stew, macadamia nuts
Snack - Nakd bar, hot chocolate made with dark chocolate and coconut milk (I'm blaming the weather)
Dinner - meant to be shepherds pie again but I need to consider this carefully as was awake in the night with heartburn after eating it last night. :-/

Thank you! The weekend was really nice here; Saturday and Sunday were lovely and I got out to enjoy the sun a bit. And my exercise still isn't wiping me out so I'm pretty pleased about that.

Food today:

Breakfast - scrambled egg with homemade salsa, avocado, and a smidge of cheese
Lunch - chicken, chorizo, sweet potato and kale stew, macadamia nuts
Snack - Nakd bar, hot chocolate made with dark chocolate and coconut milk (I'm blaming the weather)
Dinner - meant to be shepherds pie again but I need to consider this carefully as was awake in the night with heartburn after eating it last night. :-/

Cant believe how nice the weekend was and how cold and wet it is today! Im contemplating a hot choc now lol

Food sounds good, especially the stew :)

Great news that you have found a way to get back to kettlebells without exhausting yourself x

You've got me wanting a hot chocolate too now lol such a good idea, definitely need to make one. I absolutely love the gingerbread flavour NakD bars, think I'm addicted! :D

Blimey it's been a busy week. Food has been on track as we're still doing Practical Paleo; at TOTM I have a bit more non-fruit carbs to keep things on an even keel. Did kettlebells on Wednesday using the work-rest system and will do them today, and have been fitting in some yoga as and when. I'm happy that although it was hectic I managed to stay on track!

Yesterday we tried the avocado chocolate mousse idea - not completely sold yet but will tweak it a bit and use a less ripe avocado as this one was a bit strong! We also made the chocolate mug cake without the chocolate and it made a nice vanilla cake. Hooray for cake! :D

Blimey it's been a busy week. Food has been on track as we're still doing Practical Paleo; at TOTM I have a bit more non-fruit carbs to keep things on an even keel. Did kettlebells on Wednesday using the work-rest system and will do them today, and have been fitting in some yoga as and when. I'm happy that although it was hectic I managed to stay on track!

Yesterday we tried the avocado chocolate mousse idea - not completely sold yet but will tweak it a bit and use a less ripe avocado as this one was a bit strong! We also made the chocolate mug cake without the chocolate and it made a nice vanilla cake. Hooray for cake! :D

Sounds like things are going well for you :D

OooooO the mug cake sounds interesting, can you post the recipe please?

OooooO the mug cake sounds interesting, can you post the recipe please?

It's this one: PaleOMG – Paleo Recipes – Chocolate Cake in a Mug

The chocolate version is yummy and to make a vanilla cake just omit the cocoa and cinnamon. Walnut oil isn't obligatory either, macadamia is nice but coconut works well too. I actually microwave it in two smaller ramekins cos I just don't have the appetite for a big serving of cake anymore!

It's this one: PaleOMG – Paleo Recipes – Chocolate Cake in a Mug

The chocolate version is yummy and to make a vanilla cake just omit the cocoa and cinnamon. Walnut oil isn't obligatory either, macadamia is nice but coconut works well too. I actually microwave it in two smaller ramekins cos I just don't have the appetite for a big serving of cake anymore!

Thanks! It does look good. My sister makes the conventional mug cake so I think she'll like this, she keeps pinching my paleo cakes! Going to make her buy her own coconut oil and flour though :rolleyes:

Back