Priya's diary

yambabe i am 4'11...:$....umm y? :S...

Don't panic lol there is reason behind me asking.........

Reason being that VLCD really works best for people who are obese, BMI over 30.

Although once started you can stay on one down to BMI 25 you may well find that it's not as effective once you start getting nearer to your goal, and this may be why your scales seem to have stalled.

This is because at a BMI of below 30 your body will start to lose more lean mass when you are on a VLCD, purely cos there isn't as much fat for it to burn.

If you are losing lean mass rather than fat your metabolism will slow down (more muscle tissue in your body = higher metabolism) and therefore so will your weight loss.

This is why doing a lot of cardio-based exercise is not recommended on VLCD!

I'm glad you enjoyed your dance class, and suspect that it might be just the thing to get your weight-loss kick-started again.

If not you might be better (daft as it sounds) moving to Working Solution and eating a bit more protein - this gives your body more fuel, preserves/rebuilds your lean mass and keeps your metabolism up!

Sounds daft that you may need to eat more to lose more weight but it's true, honest.........

umm well i don't really do a lot of cardio to be honest..other then walking to places.. the dance class yesterday was only my first class so you think coz kick start the weight loss again then..? :s...coz its a more of a toning workout then cardio i think...well that is how it is described as....ahh its soo annoying when it is like when you are soo close to goal but yet soo far away.....the tape measure has finally given way n im one inch down on the waist not a lot but its a start lol....
yambabe what you think...dancing is a good workout?...i am rubbbish with food hence the reason as to why i stuck down to TS...hmm might just see how this week and next week goes and see if i am any closer to goal, if not then might do what you have suggested....soo annoyin..:(
reply back please...ohh thts k then so lllong as i didn't do anythign rong..lol i though you was asking coz i had done or said something rng..:$...you think if i start having the bars abit more often they might elp with the weight loss too as they bit higher in carbs? coz so far i been mostly having soups and shakes and water...ne info or advice from you would help..thank you..:)
gota wedding to go mid july and in august....:/
mwah

I think you're doing fine. :)

If your dance class is mostly toning then that's great, that's what you need to do more of. You can do toning excercise at home too, situps are always good and you can do bicep curls holding tins of beans, and just randomly squat occasionally to tone those legs up lol! :D

To be honest I think you're worrying too much. Losing weight is never a linear thing, there's pretty much no way you will lose the exact same amount every week even on a diet like this. Some weeks it'll slow down, some weeks you'll get larger losses and it'll be totally random, trust me on this!

Have your soups, shakes and bars, drink your water and don't panic. If you stick to the plan you will lose weight. If you want to lose weight off particular areas though you need to target those bits with exercise!

VLCD is a "quick-fix" solution to weightloss compared to most other diets but it still won't happen overnight. Just relax and stick with it and it'll all come good in the end. Give your body as long as it needs to shift the weight, it's not a race and once it's gone it's gone forever if you want it to be!

yeah i guess soo yambabe thank you for the advice..yeah that is what i keep telling myself that as there are soo few calories and no carbs in the diet then i must lose weight even if it is slowly...lol just as i have mentioned i am not exactly the most patient person out there lol....and i am soo going to b glad when i have got to goal as then i can start maintaining it....:D i am soo close though to goal can literall feel n smell it lol...i only have about a stone n bit more left til i am close to goal or to goal....:(
mwah

just wanted to ask a question which will probz sound bit daft but ahh well here goes lol...does three 75 cl bottles of water equal to 3 n half ltres of water?? just wondered coz i was thinking might b easier on the water intake if i fill up smaller bottles of water rather then the big 2ltre bottle as i have been doing all this time....
mwah

Um no, 3x75 = 225 so 2 and a quarter litres. You need 4 75ml bottles to make 3 litres.

Take it it's not maths you are doing at Uni then lol! :p

lmaooo nooo hate maths....i would never do maths even if they paid me...
mwah

yeaahhh the day is overr been 100%...been doing some situps, syd crunches and push ups today....soo will be carrying on with that from now on...see if that helps a little with my waist loss...been drinking water in 75cl bottles so tad bit easier to get down...
mwah

well the scales have finally seemed to have moved yaay..though not going to say what it is as i don;t want to jinx it lol....just hope it stays that way for tomoro morning lol....if not more hehe...got ma fingers and legs crossed for another decent loss this week...as i have been 100% this week wohooo since last week had a blip :(...soo gooo pink team!! :D
mwah
mwah

yeah i am going to have to do that tomorro morning lol..i just hope it stays the same 2moro or if not more...the more the better it will b for me and also will be that much closer to goal too :D....btw kitty..you know you have put down 26lbs for my ticker thing how much stone is dat which you calculated when you found out how many pounds i have got left..?
just wondering thanx :)
mwah
mwah

Just had my 2nd soup of the day...dayumm soo getting used to the soup have grown to like it lool....after this two more weeks of the exante stuff left...i have hope lool...that i will be close enough to goal even if i don't get to actual goal lol..close enuf will b good enough for me lol though will see how i feel by that time...might order about a week or two worth of supply instead of the monthly pack...fingers crossed...just danced for 35 minz...in ma room kinda sad i knoww but least i sweated and moved about lol though i defoo prefer zumba dancing as a class lol...done 2ltrs of water already dayum the weather and the exercise defoo helps with the water intake....just gota tone n shape ma bod up after iv lost the weight on this diet...hopefully won't take too long for me to do if i do zumba dancing and runnin once im off the diet regularly....soo close to goal can almost feel it this waitin is soo long lool n frustrating lol...not elping that evry1 else seems to be losing inches dramatically on their waists other then me,.....:(.,..if that apend wouldv elped me abit more...:( and would have probz meant less work exercise wise once i am off the diet...oh well...still got about 2 weeks nb it mre if i decide to carry on with the diet to see if there is any differene on teh waist if not and i have reached goal weight wise i have no idea as to what i am going to doooo.....:(....ne ideas ne1? feel free to comment....my diary been bit quite without you guys not being in it,,...:(
mwah
mwahz

26lbs = 1 stone 10lbs. But that would take you right down to 112lbs which is only 8 stone. Can I ask if they have a nurse or anything at uni? If so they may be able to guide you on what your best weight would be. As we can't actually see you it's difficult just looking at recommended weight charts because you really need to consider your personal body type too. At my height it says from 8 stone 10lbs but I would look seriously ill at that weight!

I did get myself measured and weighed at docs hun and they said according to the charts 8 stone is my ideal weight...but i am aiming for 8 n half though if i get to 8 stone then great kind of depends on how i feel at the time of reaching goal....as i am 4'11...so its short enough as it is but i have taken thier word for it lol and kind of sounds good as well lol 8 stone bracket not been there for quite a bit of time now lool..
mwah

yh soo fingers crossed!!...will let you all know what my weight is tomorrow morning...i am going to do it really early in the morning hoping for a better loss then...but its odd coz the odd times i do randomly end up jjumpin on the scales in the evning the numnber is sumtimes lower then the number which was there in the monring lol but genreally i do the mornign weigh in lol...i might jjust leave the ticker now or do you think i should change it to 19lbs to go as then the number left to go don't seem soo big and then chnge it again if i do decide to go down to 8 stone???
mwah

26 pounds - I stone 12. I think? lol. 28 pounds - 2 stones.

You're all doing just fab. Inspirational!

Awww thank you hun :)...we all will get to our destinations with a bit of time and effort but will get there regardles the case :)
mwah

excited.

Hi all just to let u all know i think my informal lunch for my new job went good today. there was four of us there, but the other 3 don;t qualify until next year so she told them to go back later. she gave me my application form tho, and said to get it in for when she is back off holiday on the 19th and she will see me when she get back, she also said that she will not see any1 else until i have been.,
she went on to say that she would like me to meet her co-ordinator whilst she was away.
Does this sound promising? or am i getting over excited?

P.s Sorry pink team but i ate a meal today, but it consist of vegetable kebab and salad with fruit salad to finish, and a diet coke, even tho i ate i feel i still did well.
sorry to banter but i needed to share my news.

aww bless uu i am soo happy for uu..well i think it sounds promising from what she has said to you so far....soo wish you all the best and hope that she comes back with good news for you....well at least you didn't binge hun and you kept to healthy ishh optionss soo its kk considering the occassion...:) well done i don't think you are getting over excited hun think you should be i would be if i was in your shoes :d
well happy for you...ooo calli i have found out got 19lbs left to gooo till i get to ma goal of 8 n half ahh so the number 26lbs on my ticker dont feel as daunting no longer lol,....
mwah
mwah

Back