Progress.....

dreamslim

Silver Member
Some of you may remember my 'cakes in the office' crisis of last week and my pride at withstanding temptation for 5 and a half hours.
Well, today.....THEY'RE BACK!!!
And I just realised that despite being right opposite the kitchen all day I have only thought about them when someone mentioned them (maybe 4/5 times) and haven't fancied one at all!!!!
Not bad going really for a weeks progress???

very well done, I had something similar at work when someone brought 2 extremely large boxes of thorntons continentals in..... managed to resist all day, not easy but we can do it xx

I think it's really good to know that I haven't had to resist today I simply haven't wanted it. Hopefully that'll keep me going coz next time someone brings in cakes I'll probably want to scoff the whole lot and spend all day obsessing. Haha.

My place have been bringing in left over Xmas sweets and chocolate and I too have resisted temptation! It's been really tough at times and I'm so pleased not to have caved in :)

Well done everyone! My daughter has a box of thorntons chocs in the cupboard and i have resisted so far, fancied one earlier so had a muller light yogurt instead....phew!!! Good luck, we can do it! xx

I use Paul McKenna technique of imaging something I fancy like cake chocs etc covered in maggots, mould and hairy. Bleugh just writing that made me feel queezy

My work is always full of biscuits and cakes.. And currently as an incentive they hav free pick&mix sweets where I have to walk past to get to my desk!! Was a nightmare for the first few days of SW as before I would have just dived in an not thought about it. But yesterday and today when the biscuits were passed around I didn't even think about havin one, just said no automatically! Was so pleased with myself :) I'm hoping this is a permanant mindset!

X Kelly X said:
I use Paul McKenna technique of imaging something I fancy like cake chocs etc covered in maggots, mould and hairy. Bleugh just writing that made me feel queezy

I read that book before. It was actually quite good and made complete sense. If you use his 'tricks' along with slimming world you'd probably lose loads (apart from the weighing once a month thing - unless you're at home, of course).

Charli2019 said:
My work is always full of biscuits and cakes.. And currently as an incentive they hav free pick&mix sweets where I have to walk past to get to my desk!! Was a nightmare for the first few days of SW as before I would have just dived in an not thought about it. But yesterday and today when the biscuits were passed around I didn't even think about havin one, just said no automatically! Was so pleased with myself :) I'm hoping this is a permanant mindset!

Woohoo, well done, I hope mine is permanent too. It's so nice when we start automatically doing these things isn't it.
Long may it continue. :)

It definitely gets easier to say no and not even give it a second thought. However...if you take a couple weeks off and start eating it again, you have to go through the whole thing all over.

Don't ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

Back