Progressively smaller jeans

Topaz63

Gone a bit quiet
I'm finding the in between stages of clothes really tiresome. Some of my clothes are too large but I don't want to take them in till I reach target or I'll have to do it twice. Also don't want to spend money on clothes I'll only wear for a few weeks (I hope). I've had a couple of nice things from charity shops, and some nice knee length trousers for 10 euros from SuperU when in France. Plan to explore Asda for some summer trousers as last years far too large. Can't wait to do what Mouse did and refresh my wardrobe!

I've had the same thing Topaz, I've got jeans that have gone literally straight from being too small to being too big to wear! (around the waist anyway, I still have my bum and thighs!) yet because of aforementioned 'assets' I can't even hope to fit in the size below!

I'm glad it's summer - most of my old trousers are seriously unflattering and baggy now, but my older warm weather dresses seem to hang better.

The wardrobe renew will have to wait a while - there's no cash to spare! (But I do browse charity shops when I can, in hope).

Same here! I have bought new clothes but i want to keep them new for my holiday so until then I'm stuck with clothes that are too big! Very attractive haha

hello!
on the scales i have lost nearly 1 stone!
but, all my clothes feel the same.
the scales cant be lying!! they are brand new digital ones. and of course i have paid in boots to make sure the weight is going down and it was the same as my scales!!

not too sure where the weight is coming off, but my clothes feel the same.
does it just all of a sudden happen? as it's so annoying!! and disheartening!!!!

It depends whether there was any stretch in your clothes. I've got some that are still fine, including a skirt that felt little different as it has a piece of elastic at the back, and some trousers that are only a bit looser with elastane in. Best to measure yourself, I haven't bothered to though.

Last edited:
hello!
on the scales i have lost nearly 1 stone!
but, all my clothes feel the same.
the scales cant be lying!! they are brand new digital ones. and of course i have paid in boots to make sure the weight is going down and it was the same as my scales!!

not too sure where the weight is coming off, but my clothes feel the same.
does it just all of a sudden happen? as it's so annoying!! and disheartening!!!!

Don't panic - none of my clothes felt substantially different until I was 1 and 1/2 stone lighter.

If you have to buy new clothes - Ebay!

I dropped from a size 18 to 10 in 14 weeks on LighterLife a few years ago, and as I was paying £70 a week for the diet, funds for new clothes were seriously limited.

I sold all my bigger clothes on Ebay as they stopped fitting and recycled the funds into progressively smaller sizes. Plus, it looks really nice on your feedback when you read what you have bought: "Size 16 jeans"...."size 14 jeans"... etc!

Im same ive lost 3 stone since had baby in November and only dropped one size so stressful but keep plodding on

It's not the size that matters - that's a random figure and depends as much on your bone structure as on the amount of fat packed around it.

It's how you look and feel in the clothes.

And I know this how?

When I was at college I was very unhappy, very busy and very poor - and in six months managed to shrink to 6st 6lbs. BMI 16.

But I still struggled to close the zip on my size 10 jeans.

Fast Forward through the years and I tip the scales at 13 st 9lbs. BMI 30.

I have, according to the scales DOUBLED in SIZE. There are TWO of my student selves living in my skin. Yet I am buying and wearing size 14, sometimes size 12.

Look in the mirror - not at the label.

I'm the same. AT Xmas I was a size 12/14 and now, 1 1/2 stone lighter and I'm 10/12 but more 12 than 10! The number on the label hasn't changed that much but how I look in the clothes certainly has.

I took great pleasure throwing my 'fat' clothes in the dustbin the other day. They had gotten so baggy, they looked ridiculous on me. I know I probably should have donated them to charity but it felt so good to actually bin them. No more size 14's for me, definately a 12 now and they are starting to get pretty loose so hopefully will end up a size 10 although would be happy with a small 12. Downside is I now have no cut off trousers or shorts for the summer so will have to spend some money

Back