Propoints help

Hi all, can you tell me where you get the info for pp is you didn't go to class, as i am struggling to get a class as there is very few beside me :)

Roll on Wednesday hey?

Wonder if I will have to get to my meeting really early to make sure I get a good seat, do you think it would be that busy?

At my meeting last night it was full, they had to bring out more chairs even though there was ppl who just got weighed and went home.

Hi all, can you tell me where you get the info for pp is you didn't go to class, as i am struggling to get a class as there is very few beside me :)

Some people did the two weeks free trial on the WW website (remember to cancel that asap if you do that or you will be charged for the next months amount near the end of the two week trial) and others just asked on here, and most got a reply from someone kind enough to work out there points.

Anyone else probably found out at a meeting..

Unfortunatly I don't have a calculator so can't help you work out your daily PP allowance

You need to let someone know your height, weight, age and sex in order for them to work out your daily PP allowance...

Last edited:
At my meeting last night it was full, they had to bring out more chairs even though there was ppl who just got weighed and went home.

Thanks will get there early then, its only round the corner from me so will leave at 6:20-6:30 and should be there at least 20mins early. My meeting starts at 7pm on Wednesday, and Im not the tallest of people especially when sitting down, and hate having to look over people to see whats going on.

Plus I'm one of those annoying people (lol) who likes to chime in, and ask questions, and don't want to be talking over people...

Hi, I am 5 ft 4 and 12st 9lb and have 29 daily propoints and then the extra weekly of 49 seems to be what a lot of people h e mentioned. I still have 2 St to lose atleast so hope I can still lose with the new way of WW.

Hi, don't know why but the free trial onWW site is not accepting my card (debit visa)

Could someone tell me how many points i should be on a day please?

Age 41
16st 10lbs
5ft 2ins

Thank you in advance

Anyone please??

Yeah they said (think it was kagome75) , if your over 12 stone 10 its 49 extra points per week, if your 11 stone 1 too 12 stone 9lbs then its 42 extra points per week (with this slush fund that is) and if your under 11 stone 1 its 35 points extra, but that was only in europe I think.

Strange that something like that would be different in europe to here, but such is life that these things happen.

I'm personally gona try not to use my extra weekly points for the first week (if I can) I just hope I use all my 29points, cause I don't want to be eating just to make sure I consume 29pp worth of food a day so I can get all my daily nutriants etc. Beside fruit is free and I'm sure if you ate the right fruit and the right amount along side your daily points, I personally can not see why I would always NEED to eat the full 29points (if that makes sense to you)...

Roll on Wednesday hey?

Wonder if I will have to get to my meeting really early to make sure I get a good seat, do you think it would be that busy?

The thing is, everything is more points, so you are thinking in terms of old points system, but I can assure you, you will use all your points quite easily! For instance today for me -
B - 2 eggs dry fried and 150g baked beans - 8
L - John west salmon light lunch - 5, crispbreads x 3 - 2
D - pork chop 5, mashed potatoes plain 180g 3, mixed veg 0
milk - 1
Tesco lc maple cereal bar 3
there you go - 27 gone, without anything else. :D

I am doing WW Discover plan from home and was getting slightly cheesed off for STS, I cannot seem to get past -10lbs so starting the new plan may kick start weight loss again.
I only have 6lbs to go to reach my target weight but don't know how many Pro Points I need to be on.
I am Female, 5ft-6" aged 49 and weigh 9st-6lb
I also have to buy a PP pack from Ebay as I don't go to meetings....can anyone tell me how much the pack costs roughly please ?
Looking foreward to hearing about everyones weight loss next week....good luck everyone !

Last edited:
Yeah they said (think it was kagome75) , if your over 12 stone 10 its 49 extra points per week, if your 11 stone 1 too 12 stone 9lbs then its 42 extra points per week (with this slush fund that is) and if your under 11 stone 1 its 35 points extra, but that was only in europe I think.

Strange that something like that would be different in europe to here, but such is life that these things happen.

I'm personally gona try not to use my extra weekly points for the first week (if I can) I just hope I use all my 29points, cause I don't want to be eating just to make sure I consume 29pp worth of food a day so I can get all my daily nutriants etc. Beside fruit is free and I'm sure if you ate the right fruit and the right amount along side your daily points, I personally can not see why I would always NEED to eat the full 29points (if that makes sense to you)...

Roll on Wednesday hey?

yes it was me saying about the European propoints. I don't know why in this country we don't have the tiers, maybe they think that since the average UK person eats less carbs than the average Mediterranean person (all the pasta and pizza!) then they would have less of the slush anyway? or is it because there's less petite people in the UK? I don't know!

However, I can tell you why it's important that you have all of your pp allowance. There's a beautiful website called "Sparkpeople". On there, they give you (FOR FREE!) a plan similar to this new Weight Watchers, and they give you instead than points, a range of calories, carbs, proteins, fat fibre etc etc that you can have every day. Like with esource, you can add food to a tracker and then you can see a report every day that tells you the breakdown and how you did and what does that mean for your body.

Now, when I was on the old plan, my *maintenance* points would barely be within the *lose weight* range of Sparkpeople. And probably Sparks was right because I was still losing weight! Besides, sometimes I would eat too many carbs but eat too little proteins. Most of the times I would eat too little fat, and Sparkpeople would tell me off saying that eating the minimum amount of fat (which they reckon is 32grams of total fat per day) is very important. To quote them, "Dietary fat is essential to good health. Your body needs a certain amount of fat to build cells, carry and transport nutrients, and make hormones, for example, so it's important that you eat the right amount." I was CONSTANTLY eating too little of that.

Now that Im on the new plan, EVERY DAY I had the CORRECT amount of ALL of the nutritions that are on Sparks. Only once I ate too much fruit and went over the carbs, but I had enough proteins, fat and fibre, fatty acids, and etc. Once, I had eaten 27pp instead than 29 and I put the thing on sparkle...and it came out I didn't have enough fat and proteins. I ate 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of ww cheddar cheese, getting to 29 and magically the nutritions on Sparkle were perfect!

Just for your knowledge, this is what you risk if you have too little of the nutritions, and the ranges that Sparks gives me:

Calories My Goal – 1200-1550
Your body needs a certain number of calories to function at its prime. When you don't eat enough, you can hurt your metabolism and weight management efforts.

Fat My Goal – 32-56
Dietary fat is essential to good health. Your body needs a certain amount of fat to build cells, carry and transport nutrients, and make hormones, for example, so it's important that you eat the right amount.
Don't be afraid of fat. Eating dietary fat doesn't automatically translate into gaining body fat. Moderation is the key!

Carbohydrates My Goal – 163-236
When it comes to carbohydrates, it's important to avoid extremes. Too many, and you could gain weight; too little, and you could hurt your health. Carbs have gotten an unfounded bad rap in recent years, but they are actually the best source of fuel for your body and your brain. Aim for no less than 120 grams of carbohydrates each day (unless otherwise directed by your medical provider).
Eat plant-based proteins. Besides improving your health and reducing your caloric intake, a few meatless meals per week can help you eat more carbs—especially when you choose beans, legumes and dried peas to replace the meat.

Protein My Goal – 60-127
Protein is an essential nutrient that does more than build muscles. It plays a role in cell repair, hormone production and fluid balance, to name a few. So pump up your protein intake to stay fit and healthy.
Try tofu. This is an excellent source of plan protein

Fiber, total dietary My Goal – 25-40
Fiber has many benefits, from increasing fullness to reducing your risk of cancer and heart disease. It's best to increase your fiber intake slowly over time. Be sure to drink plenty of water as you do, too.
Don't forget about nuts! These protein-rich tidbits offer more than healthy fats. They also add fiber to your diet.

FYI there are great exercise help articles and demonstrations on 'Sparkpeople' too, I've been using it for workouts and info for years :)

Hi, I joined WW last week and have been having 18 points as per faststart, does anyone know what the equivaent in points is on the PP Plan?

Hi, I joined WW last week and have been having 18 points as per faststart, does anyone know what the equivaent in points is on the PP Plan?

I THINK it's 29propoints hun with 49 weekly propoints allowance also x

I am doing WW Discover plan from home and was getting slightly cheesed off for STS, I cannot seem to get past -10lbs so starting the new plan may kick start weight loss again.
I only have 6lbs to go to reach my target weight but don't know how many Pro Points I need to be on.
I also have to buy a PP pack from Ebay as I don't go to meetings....can anyone tell me how much the pack costs roughly please ?
Looking foreward to hearing about everyones weight loss next week....good luck everyone !

29pp per day plus the 49 weekly:D

it depends... how old and tall are you and how much you weight? :)

you will be on 29pp a day with a weekly allowance of 49pp to use if needed, if you dont eat all your daily pp then you will loose whats left for that day & if you eat over you will go into your allowance fund, pp packs at meetings are free to anyone on ww, its worth getting to a meeting just to get all the info

It works exactly the same as before - if you're hungry, eat your points. If you're not hungry - don't eat for the sake of eating. the only difference on the Pro Points is that if you DON'T use all your 29 points for the day, you can't save them.

"If you dont use em, you lose em" But that should not be an incentive for people to just eat for the sake of eating in order to finish their PP... thats a habit we all need to get out of isn't it! It's the reason why a lot of us are here - i.e. cos we were just eating for the sake of it. Not good!

:4633:

Back