Protein Options

Does the chicken have to be grilled??? or can i steam in in a bag with all my veg( thats what i have been doing anyway) just wanted to check, i have been putting my 100g chicken and veg allowance altogeather in a steam bag them microwaving it, i add a few herbs and pepper xxx

That sounds really nice, this may be a really silly question but what type of bag ??

Hiya hun, it is nice and the chicken is lovely, the bags are just steam bags, you buy the from any supermarkets, mine are from morrisons, they will be near the tinfoil and clingfilm, i also have a steam tub that you put in the microwave, thats good aswell and thats from b and m xx

michellewild said:
Hiya hun, it is nice and the chicken is lovely, the bags are just steam bags, you buy the from any supermarkets, mine are from morrisons, they will be near the tinfoil and clingfilm, i also have a steam tub that you put in the microwave, thats good aswell and thats from b and m xx

How long would you pop in the microwave for?

I put it in for about 4 n half mins, its so juicy and the veggies are cooked perfect xx

michellewild said:
I put it in for about 4 n half mins, its so juicy and the veggies are cooked perfect xx

Oh thanks this sounds so nice thanks for sharing cant wait to try xx

I wonder if you can use anchovies? *suspicious face* not that youd want 100g of anchovies :D but I reckon you could knock together a fairly decent salad nicoise with some tuna, egg, olives, salad and a few anchovies. Thatd be pretty good for summer.

I asked about veggie protein, gave them a list of could I eat's and got this:

[FONT=Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Cheese: Quark, Skim - yes
Fromage Frais - no
Tofu - yes
quorn - no
soya mince - no
egss - yes
quinoa - no
lentils - no
beans - no
seeds - no
nuts - no
[/FONT]

I'm a bit surprised at quorn being on the no list.

Maybe because Quorn has carbs in it? Not sure. I tried Quorn once and absolutely hated it.

There is someone on here who does have quorn. Personally I would put it into my fitness pal and just check that overall you're having less than 60 g of carbs a day and then decide whether to have it or not.

I love quorn. I'm testing S&S then exante to see if I want to do one or the other in summer (going to have a few months break from VLCD first).
Gutted if I can't use quorn!
It's very limited for veggies isn't it, cottage cheese, quark, tofu or eggs... Meh is all I'm gunna say to that. lol

Oh btw - anyone know what skim is? (see my above post)

It's not that limited for veggies as all of the meal packs are veggie friendly I think. Quark skim means Quark made with skimmed milk I think.

Quorn does have a few carbs in, but maybe they're excluding it because there are so many higher carb/breaded etc quorn products out there? I've had the plain quorn fillets a couple of times on sns, there's only 6 total carbs in 2 fillets and most of that is fibre. Not saying don't go with what sns tell you, but I'll continue to eat it as long as I'm under on my carbs I think. I don't think there's any non-animal based protein with zero carbs in.

Lottie7 said:
I know this is a long shot...but is lamb ok? Easter Sunday lunch is going to be a struggle!! Haha x

Lamb is OK on LL lite - but a smaller portion than the LL lite chicken amount so as a one off you're probably ok. It will be higher in calories than the chicken though but it won't take you out of ketosis.

mussels 100g 87 cals 15g protein nil carb nil fat

Back