Protein Options

Spandex said:
I'm pushing my luck a bit here but what about super extra trimmed no fat at all bacon #she says whisperingly#

Not allowed on SnS. However, it is allowed on LL lite - but a smaller portion than is allowed of chicken. The equivalent on SnS would be about 75g. Might be higher in calories than normal SnS meals though.

Hi
I am having the two egg mushroom and rocket omelette every other evening and have still been losing weight.
also having a green salad with 100g of chicken the other nights.

Is frozen fish allowed as well as tinned?

I've got some tuna which is 109 cals, 24.7 protein, 0.8g fat of which 0.3 saturates
and some sardines which are 147 cals, 20.6 protein, 6.7 fat of which 2.2 saturates.
and some smoked haddock 89 cals, 20.1g protein, 0.6 g fat of which 0.3 saturates
all amounts per 100g and nil carbs in any of them.

Great thread!!! :) I have just started doing the s&s diet and i must add that i am loving it :D. Much prefer it to the exante diet. Cant wait to go shopping now. xx

I emailed S&S about the fish and even snuck in a bit about super extra trimmed bacon and was advised bacon is fine as long as there's no fat on it at all what so ever. I recall someone else was told the same about steak. I think as long as most other lean meats are used sparingly as a treat now and again it should be fine.

I love this diet i have just had the most delicous King Prawn stir fry with Chilli, garlic and a little soy sauce!!!!!

Yummmmm delciious. That is my favourite Protien option...... Could eat it everyday.

:wow:

I like stir fry king prawns too :). Very low in calories too.

Was a bit cautious with the soy sauce thou r we allowed it? Added it to water so wasn't as strong I use dark soy sauce. Xx

Not sure if it's on plan - I add it to MyFitnessPal and as long as I'm under 60g of carbs and the calorie level that I have chosen then I'm happy. I tend to alter the plan though - so if you want to be sure then it'd be best to check with Rob.

Thank you. :) xx

king prawn stirfry sounds yummy x

Prawns are the work of the devil! I just can't bring myself to eat them because they're too ugly...

Gravy???? Hate my food being dry. Any ideas?

I emailed S&S about the fish and even snuck in a bit about super extra trimmed bacon and was advised bacon is fine as long as there's no fat on it at all what so ever. I recall someone else was told the same about steak. I think as long as most other lean meats are used sparingly as a treat now and again it should be fine.

Hi there, just to confirm, you can have a bit of bacon if there is no fat on it at all? If so thats great :D

Back