Psyllium Husks.

babyonion

I haven't started exante yet as I'm going away for 4 days this week. I've ordered my monthly pack which should arrive this week. I take 6 psyllium husk capsules a day as I have very stubborn bowels. Will I still be able to take them with exante? otherwise I will never go to the loo. Without them I would probably only go once a week. :confused:

I started taking the husks when I started this diet. I was going great guns in the first week, when a nurse friend of mine suggested that I reduce the dose from one heaped tablespoon daily to a teaspoon. I've had no joy with the lower dose, so I'm going back to the original dose,. So in answer to your question, not alone is it possible to use it, it is highly advisable. However, if in doubt, consult your GP to be absolutely on the safe side.

Hop aboard the Exante train, you'll be amazed at your results.

Conor

If your worry is whether Psyllium Husks will affect ketosis - the answer is no. They're only the outer husk of the plant and your body can't digest or metabolise them. They swell in liquid and give your bowels the 'bulk' they need to function so they help a lot on a diet that provides very little in the way of fibre.

As Conor said though, if in doubt, have a word with a nurse at your GP's surgery. :)

Back