Purpleds Maintaining Diary

I'm 5ft 8 and thinking 11 stone for me so it's good to know what someone else about my height is doing. The weight you are now must be under your healthy bmi? Xx

Yes slightly underweight. It's only because I've been poorly. I think it will be easy to gain.
I find I can weigh 10stone 7 to 11stone 7 and stay the same is size. Anything below 10.7 and I look thin rather than curvy. I do like having curves.

I'm feeling like the end of flu. Well enough to work and carry on as normal. Buy extremely tired and I feel slightly worried/anxious. It feels like there is something bigger going on. Then maybe I am being paranoid. I should trust the doctors and give my body chance to get back to normal I think. And my appetite is back.

This does sound bad but I think the language barrier between me and the doctors is what makes me worry. I know they are very intelligent but it feels like they don't understand what I am trying to explain. I did ask for a specific doctor I knew spoke good English I think she is French. But I ended up with a different doctor. Plus I do feel bad for asking. Maybe I need a new GP practise.

The weight loss thing is bugging me. It isn't psychological as I am physically eating the food and adding it to a tracker to make sure I am getting at least 2500 a day. I have not exercised in weeks. The past couple of weeks I have been poorly and eaten less. But it doesn't explain how my body has been losing for the past few months.

Could the weight loss/flu/coughing blood/vertigo be related? I'm not sure maybe one causes another. All I know is my blood sugars are low but not abnormal.

Last edited:
Glad to have you back and hear that you are feeling much better.

It is worrying about your continued weight loss but a few weeks ago you did have a couple of gains in a row didn't you? So it seems when you do eat enough and cut back a little on the exercise you are able to gain a bit. I do understand worrying that all the symtoms are connected and would always advice questioning doctors decisions if you think there is reason to because you know your body best BUT at this point there doesn't seem anything to connect all the symtoms. Coughing blood can happen with flu as far as I am aware and feeling generally run-down could explain the vertigo. I think we share the same absolute fear and hatred of seeking medical attention, and I know with me that is coupled with severe health paranoia. I once managed to convince myself that I had a rare and untreatable form of breat cancer (inflamatory breast cancer) because I had an itchy breast for 2 days. It turned out there was an annoying tuft of lace on the inside of my new bra.... D'oh! I am not suggesting you are over-reacting but just that you should try not to worry unnecessarily. If you think it would help though then change GPs pratices. I think its important we all feel as comfortable as we can that we are going to receive the best possible health care when we need it.

How is the wedding planning going? I suspect not much has been happening while you have been so ill, but we are always excited to hear about it!

I'm gutted for her. But I also love James. If I had to pick out of them all the music I'd buy it would be his.
I never ever watch X factor. This year being the only year. But I hear it is normal for some acts that arnt as good to stay in. I don't think I'll even bother watching it now Gabriella is out.

I was in tears on Sunday. I love them both and genuinely couldn't watch but I was more gutted that Ella went because of her being related to you :(

Xxx

Omg!

Just been rolled out of frankie and bennys.
I felt fine... after a starter and main. An extra course for £2.25! Yes please.

Pancakes, icecream, toffee sauce and honeycomb.

Now I'm struggling to breathe haha!!

How is everyone?

Starter was 2 large mushrooms with blue cheese on top. With rocket and balsamic vinegar.

Main was gnocchi with bolagnase sauce. With a side order of garlic bread.

I don't know if I've even been before. We don't have one. But it was good. Plus I learnt some Italian the toilet lol!

That all sounds rather yummy! Glad you had a good time.

Are you feeling back to proper health now? How is your knee these days?

Knee(s) are awful! You should hear them! I should do a YouTube video. Wrists! Back! Hips! They all click.

But

They get worse without exercise. Seeing a physio Tuesday for advice.

Health is better! I think I am completely run down. Looking after the inlaws most nights. Trying to fit my parents and friends into the mix. Maybe the tiredness made me ill?

I feel better enough to work but still exhausted. Like today I am up and at inlaws. Changed their bed sheets. Going tesco in a min to get some shopping for them. Then make Sunday lunch. Drive 30miles back to our house. Going to friends so she can try bridesmaid dress. Come home and do washing and ironing. My mum is coming over to pick up some washing as her machine broke. So she stays at Least an hour. Then I have to do an hour or so on my course.
Then relax but I'm sure it will be late by then.

Every day is so busy and I just need a break I think. So I will get round to catching up with you all guys! I do have some quiet days lol

Oh god, yes; that sounds exhausting. Are things with the inlaws not improving? I remember from several months ago that things with your father in law were very difficult. Its great that you are trying to be there for them and help out so much but you definitely need to make sure you aren't running yourself into the ground at the same time.

Hope the physio appointment is helpful. Its such a minefield sometimes knowing whether exercise helps or hinders certain types of condition or injury. I get a "funny knee" every now and then from when I fell down some stairs a few years ago. At first I tried avoiding too much impact-stuff at the gym when it went but I have actually discovered that the blip is shorter if I just get on and do what I normally do at the gym when it is hurting.

How are the wedding plans going? My friends are getting married 2 months before you next year and it has suddenly hit them that there is still rather alot to organise and its only a couple of months away, it seems it rather snuck up on them.

Boooo! I cracked my iPhone screen. So annoyed? Anyone done this before. We don't have an apple store :(
Do other places fix them?
Everything works it just looks messy!

And Atomic he's still ill! My MIL is also sick! So his dad is in hospital since today. His mum has problems with her legs and is struggling to walk or leave house. It's complicated! But I'm learning lots of medical info!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the situation with the inlaws.

And about your phone. Have you managed to get it fixed? Iphones are a bit technical for me. I'm just fine with my blackberry.

Okay!!!

New line! Fresh start!

I'm feeling much better. And I initially gained 8lbs (in a week) after being poorly and have since stayed the same.

I'm aiming to gain a little extra and I don't want dress alterations lol! But for now I'm happy and trying not to worry. I'm just living normal and not being paranoid about losing or gaining.

I also need to gain a few £s lol! I have spent so much haha! Xmas shopping makes me treat myself on all the lovely things I see! I set a thing on my phone to text me when my balance goes below £1000. It's been there for 2 years and I got my first text yesterday morning. Haha!

But I did buy an amazing tiara type thing.

Back