Purplejays Food Diary - All Green

Purplejay

A new start this week for me on slimming world. Trying to do it myself without attending classes but will go it it doesn't happen. I will introduce myself properly later if that's ok.

Today (Wednesday) I have had:

Breakfast - 1 egg scrambled, toast (HB), brown sauce (0.5 syn), grapes and melon

Lunch - Quorn cottage pie (2 syns), grapes and melon, ww yoghurt

Snacks - Mugshot (later), Milk in drinks (HA), banana

Tea - Potatoes, cabbage, onions, Linda McCartney Sausage (2 syns), Bisto onion gravy (2 syns), mushrooms, trifle (8 syns ouch)

Total syns for the day 14.5

I have a HA and a HB left for supper if I need them :)

Going to do half an hour on the wii fit in a mo.

Last edited:
Thanks, yes I am vegetarian. SW is really good for veggies and since I am always doing green days, I don't have to work out which I am going to do!

Thursday

Breakfast - Wholemeal toast (1HB), Brown sauce (0.5 syn), tinned tomatoes, poached egg.
Lunch - Out at Asda cafe - egg mayo sandwich (1HB 6 syns?), side salad, latte (1HA)
Tea - Pasta and veggie sauce 2 syns, Cheese (0.5HA, 2 syns)
Snacks - Pear, milk in drinks (0.5HA), left over pasta and sauce (1 syn)

My pasta sauce was made with frylite, onions, garlic, mushrooms, courgette, 2.5 tins toms, 14 green olives, 2 tblsp green pesto, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp dried basil. I reckon 10 syns for the whole lot, it made about 6 portions - very scrummy :)

Went to aqua aerobics and it was great - my legs haven't felt like my own since!

Friday

Breakfast - Scrambled egg with mushrooms, wholemeal toast (HB) and brown sauce (0.5 syn)
Lunch - cottage cheese, quorn chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce, sprouting beans, radishes, Muller lite orange flavour, reduced fat salad cream 0.5syns
Snacks - banana, vodka and cherry coke (4 syns?)
Tea- Out at pub - vegetarian enchiladas - came with boiled rice and salad. There was only 1 smallish bread so that would be syns (going to count 6 syns) but I could use the cheese as HB/HA. The veggie sauce may have had some fat in but not much. I only had a tiny bit of the sour cream dip. Oh, but I had 2 glasses of rose wine (8 syns?) oops!

Not to bad though. Probably not over by much. Going to count 20 syns for the day.

No exercise today although taking my little boy for swimming lessons (I go in with him) helped loosen up the muscles from last night! Oh and a 20 min walk too. Slow though as M was eating an ice pop and kept stopping!

Last edited:
Just to add, I will try to put my recipies when I cook from scratch x

Saturday

Breakfast
2 weetabix, skimmed milk (HA&HB)

Lunch
Veggie chilli, rice, wholemeal pitta (1 Syn, 1HB)

Tea
Jacket potato, cheese, beans, salad, dressing (1HA, 2 Syns)

Snacks
Milk in drinks (taken from HA), 2 large vodka and cokes (going to count as 10 syns)

13 syns for the day, maybe 15 if milk is a little over.

Been swimming with husband and 4yo son so done a bit of exercise today, nothing major but every bit helps x

Veggie chilli is made from:-
Frying onions, garlic, mushrooms, courgette, peppers in frylight. Adding 1 tin tomatoes, 1 carton of sieved tomatoes, chilli powder, 1 tin of red kidney beans, 0.5 bag frozen veg mince and a mug of onion gravy. Was going to add carrots too but I forgot!

Made a big pan so 3 adults and 1 child had it for lunch and there must be 2 or 3 more portions left. Counting as 1 syn per portion for the gravy (might be less). x

Sunday

Breakfast - cornflakes (5 syns), skimmed milk (HA), banana
Lunch - veggie chilli (same as yesterday - 1 syn), 1 pitta (HB), salad, dressing (1 syn), ff fromage frais
Dinner - potatoes, carrots, brocolli, cauliflower with 42g grated low low cheese (HB), yorkshire pudding (2 syns), Gravy (2syns),
Snacks - milk in drinks (HA), choc digestive (4 syns), muller lite yoghurt

Total 15 syns

Oh and happy to report I have lost 3lb Yay!!! :)

Hiya, a lovely day here, shame to be at work!

Monday

Breakfast - 1 slice wholemeal toast and 1 low fat laughing cow triangle and a tsp of reduced fat salad cream (1HB, 1Syn)

Lunch - just had leftover pasta sauce with pasta from the canteen and salad with olives from home. The pasta had olive oil on so will count as 1HB and 2 syns (1 for the sauce and 1 for the olives). No dressing today.

Tea - Asparagus carbonara - from the Free food SW book I am adding button mushrooms as we have loads in the fridge - all free, really looking forward to this. Added cheese (1HB)

Snacks - milk in drinks (1HA), ww yoghurt, 2 bananas

Total 3 syns

Last edited:
Purplejay said:
Sunday

Breakfast - cornflakes (5 syns), skimmed milk (HA), banana
Lunch - veggie chilli (same as yesterday - 1 syn), 1 pitta (HB), salad, dressing (1 syn), ff fromage frais
Dinner - potatoes, carrots, brocolli, cauliflower with 42g grated low low cheese (HB), yorkshire pudding (2 syns), Gravy (2syns),
Snacks - milk in drinks (HA), choc digestive (4 syns), muller lite yoghurt

Total 15 syns

Oh and happy to report I have lost 3lb Yay!!! :)

Well done purplejays! Im gonna follow your diary entries if that's ok as I'm also a green day planner - might give me some ideas - plus I don't often lose more than 1 lb!! :D

Thanks Ro1s1n. I will see if you have a diary too. Green ideas are very welcome :)

Tuesday

Breakfast - 1 banana, ww yoghurt

Lunch - veggie chilli, wholemeal pitta (HB),left over veg

Tea - 1 slice wholemeal toast, poached egg, beans, mushrooms, frylight potato waffle (2.5 syns), brown sauce (0.5 syns, HB)

Snacks - bowl of strawberries, melon, banana, blueberries, grapes, Milk in drinks (HA), 2 malted milk biscuits (4 syns)

Supper - warm milk (HA) and mini bag of chocolate buttons (4 syns)

Total 11 syns

Last edited:
Wednesday

Breakfast - 1 slice wholemeal toast (1 HB)
with reduced fat saladcream and a sliver of low low cheese (1 syns, 0.5HB)

Lunch - I was going to buy salad or jacket and cottage cheese at work to go with some quorn beef slices and a mug shot which I brought from home. However.. the canteen had spinich, chick pea and aubergine curry so I had that instead with some boiled rice and my quorn. It was lovely. Not sure how to count it, it may have had a bit of cream or yoghurt in but wasn't at all greasy... will count 6 syns. Going to have an orange muller light yoghurt for pud.

Tea - from the chinese - mushroom curry and boiled rice - will count 10 syns and 2 cans pear cider will count 20 syns. Gosh it was good but I was so full after. Should have saved some for lunch today really.

Snacks - Melon, grapes, blueberries, strawberries. Milk in drinks (1HA), alpen light (I think that is 0.5 HB - will check)

Total syns for the day 38 so far.

Last edited:
Thought I would introduce myself a bit more if anyone is reading. I am 38 and married with a little boy aged 4. My mum lives with us in a grannie annexe and we generally eat together (although sometimes having different things) when I am at home.

My son and I are vegetarian and will generally eat anything so long as it doesn't have meat in. My husband likes most things but doesn't eat beef and my mum likes only plain traditional food.

If I do 'gravy' dinners, Me and M tend to have veggie sausages or quorn and they tend to have meat sausage or chicken. We used to have pies too but that has gone out of the window with the diet lol.

Some days I do something specifically for mum and the 3 of us have pasta/curry/chilli which she won't eat. M has tea at nursery on a Monday and so me an J usually have curry.

Other meals tend to get rotated and include things like fry ups (or boil/grill ups lol), something and chips, jacket spuds, salad, stir fry, things like fajitas (will have to look how to do a sw version - maybe with wholemeal pitta and salad) etc.

Anyway, best get back to work. Hope everyone is having a good day. I haven't done much (ok any) exercise yet this week but am going to a Zumba class tomorrow night for the first time with my best mate which should be interesting!

xxx

Last edited:
Purplejay said:
I haven't done much (ok any) exercise yet this week but am going to a Zumba class tomorrow night for the first time with my best mate which should be interesting!

Good luck with the zumba!! I've come home to find a cross trainer sitting here... Yikes!! Wait til OH gets home!! :D Lol btw, alpen light is half healthy extra b! x

Morning.

Thanks. I am slightly scared about Zumba lol! At least I will have moral support :) Good luck with the cross trainer!

Tea last night was chinese takeaway - oops! I had to work late as I was breaking up and then didn't fancy cooking. Also had 2 cans of pear cider - mmm mmm and double oops :)

Just going to work out how to count it all.

Thursday

Breakfast - 1 slice wholemeal toast (HB) with 1 tblsp peanut butter (4.5 syns) and some melon and other bits of fruit

Lunch - Made 1 point soup :) Recipe below.

Tea - 1/4 Jacket potato with a few beans and 1 laughing cow light triangle (0.2HB), and 2 slices of quorn beef - didn't want to eat much as was going to zumba so was really having tea later - I had 1 point soup again

Snacks - milk in drinks (HA), 1 rocky bar (5 syns) 2 small sq chocolate (2 syns), glass of milk (HA)

Zumba was fab!

11.5 syns in total.

Last edited:
Recipe for 1 point soup. Makes 6 portions.

Onions, garlic, courgette, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots all fried in frylight. Add 2pt veg stock and a tin of chickpeas with the water. Simmer for 15 mins. Add a handfull of small pasta (about 60g), 4 good tsp of pesto and a tin of tomatoes chopped. Cook for another 10 - 15 mins until all veg is cooked. The only syns are the pesto on a green day. This is also nice with a sprinkle of parmaesan which you could count as HB if you wanted.

If you let it stand and warm it up, it might be a bit thick so I tend to add a bit more water if necessary.

Friday

Breakfast - 1 weetabix and a few frosties with skimmed milk (0.5HB, 1 syn, 0.5HA)

Lunch - 0.75 of a Morrisons meat free breakfast (as M had about 0.25 of it). My portion consisted of 0.5 fried egg, 1.5 hash brown, 0.5 slice white toast, mushrooms, 0.5 quorn sausage, baked beans. 2 oreo biscuits (5 syns)for afters. Will count 10 syns for the breakfast.

Tea - 1 quorn sausage, 1 yp (2 syns), gravy (2 syns), potatoes, carrots, peas, cauliflower.

Snacks - double measure of bacardi gold and diet coke - mmmm (5 syns)

Total syns 25 but only had 1.5HA and 0.5HB.

If I need supper, I will have slice of wholemeal toast and a Laughing cow triangle.

116.5 syns for the week which averages out at 16.64 per day for the week. Not to bad.

Back