put weight on

jezzebell

I posted this on the weigh in thread but thought id post here to

not a good week ths week despite doing nothing different, eating nothing different, no TotM issues, no transit issues, i have somehow put 2lbs ON! I really cant figure it out. No extra dairy, same proteins, same veg as usual etc etc

edited to add - my scales are fine to as i have 2 sets and they both say the same

Wow - those are impressive stats! Well done you.

Hang on in there - I notice that the week before you lost a wapping 3.5lbs, so that may in fact be the fluke, not the gain this week - you lost more water than usual last week and it has settled back to normal this week.

Hang on in there, and see how it adjusts again next week.

And congratulations on all your work to date!!

Wow, 25 weeks into the diet and this is the only time you gained weight? I don't even see a week where you stayed the same, that is amazing! well done! Don't worry about it, when you get closer to goal, the body will be resisting a bit more I guess, but you will get there, just do what you've been doing! :)

Crikey - 25 weeks and a loss every week - you definitely are doing something right. As said, am sure the small gain this week is your body naturally adjusting from the large loss last week.

thanks all for the encouragement.

Atropos that's the only thing that i can put it down to to. i think i feel worse as my o/h was on conso and still losing weight, so much so that he has been eating 'normally' this week. Having anything and everything he wanted and didnt either lose or gain this week! :mad:

Well i can tell ive been 're-trained' as usually i would just say sod it and have something naughty ie chocolate but i dont even feel like it :eek: I will carry on as normal and see what next week brings.

I have bought my xmas party dress this week in a size 16 and it fits like a dream, maybe it will even be too big by the time i get to wear it. I could probably have done with a size 15 if they made them!

warn your o/h - conso doesn't mean eating what you want!
All the cruise rules apply, except for the extra bread, cheese and fruit, and the one gala meal!

warn your o/h - conso doesn't mean eating what you want!
All the cruise rules apply, except for the extra bread, cheese and fruit, and the one gala meal!

Yes we know but he was losing weight every week on conso for 7 weeks and couldn't afford to lose any more so wanted to experiment this week with eating normally to see what, if any, difference it made. As it happened it made no difference at all! He still did pp Thursday.

I hate how easy they lose weight!
My boyfriend lost more than 10 kg last year by just giving up his beer and chips, still eating normally (and by normally I don't mean like a normal person, just his 'normal' way of eating which would make me 100kgs in a few months!).. :eek:

Men!
I wouldn't mind, but some of them are so snarky when you're struggling with weight loss!

mines is naturally skinny.... every saturday i get on the scales and he tells me how much ive lost.... then he gets on and announces hes still only 10 stone....hate him so much :p

I know how I would feel if I had put on 2lbs without doing anything 'naughty' so huge pat on the back for sticking to it and keeping your head down, everyone is right, next week I bet the scales are way down and for sure your body is getting to it's natural weight so slowing down, bet that size 16 dress felt great!!! Well done.x

thanks everyone. I could quite happily kill my o/h lol right now he's sat eating cinnamon grahams for breakfast :mad:

My size 16 clothes that i bought a couple of weeks a go are now a little bit big, not too much but i can definitely see that i am losing weight so that is what is keeping me on the straight and narrow. It's getting expensive having to keep replacing my clothes lol

I have never been on a diet so long! i cant believe it myself to be honest. i can honestly say that i don't think of it as a diet any more it is just the way i eat now, my way of life and i think that has helped immensely. i still, after 25 weeks, struggle for tea ideas on PP day :cry: but i eat what i eat as fuel on those days and not as some culinary delight lol

I really do salute you sticking with it for 25 weeks - even after just 5 weeks I am starting to find PP days a bit of a bore.

How much more weight do you want to lose? I seem to remember from the book that if you have a lot to lose and find it a struggle he recommends moving to consolidation/stabilisation phases with congrats to yourself on what you have achieved - and then at some point in the future when full blown motivation is back tackle some further weightloss. This might be completely irrelevant but I thought it good advice

thanks Teddy, i have just under 1 1/2 stone to lose (ideally from my bum lol). I picked that weight to give me a bmi of exactly 25 and could probably lose more than that without a problem. Ive been told i do carry my weight well (at this weight not when i started!) i would be happy losing another stone, this would still leave me at 11 1/2 stone though which is still heavy

It's really difficult comparing your own weight to others isn't it - even at same height as someone else there can be a massive difference.

I have just under 3stone to lose which would get me down to around 9st - and a bmi of around 22 (ie quite low) this is a weight which in my head I am not at all certain I can manage - but anywhere in the 9s would make me very happy. Though the closer to 9 1/2 the better. Currently am around 11st 4... having lost 9-10lbs so far.

Have spent a large part of my 30s at around 10-10 1/2 stone - so still a way to go to get back to a figure that I recognise.

As said big congrats for sticking to diet as long as you have - and as you say we have to recognise this is closer to a permanent way of eating for life than a temporary diet.

Yeah, the way you carry weight makes a massive difference doesn't it?! I'm the same height as you Jezz but I don't think I carry weight well at all. My ultimate conso goal is 126/128 which is 9stone/9 stone 2 and the weight where I feel I might actually look like I'm not heavy....If I put on a few lbs you can tell straight away! Can't get over how well you've done...I hope I stick to it as well as you have! x

Hi Jezz! We're still trudging along together and you are doing great! Don't let the 2 pounds get you down - I love the thread about gaining 6 pounds in a day and how many extra calories that would require -the same logic also applies to those two pounds - if there is no way you ate that much extra over the week, then it is just transitory weight. I am horrible at keeping up on my fluid intake and that always causes a bounce up because the less you drink the more you retain. I know that's what happened to me last week!

Yeah, the way you carry weight makes a massive difference doesn't it?! I'm the same height as you Jezz but I don't think I carry weight well at all. My ultimate conso goal is 126/128 which is 9stone/9 stone 2 and the weight where I feel I might actually look like I'm not heavy....If I put on a few lbs you can tell straight away! Can't get over how well you've done...I hope I stick to it as well as you have! x

i would look really really ill if i weighed 9 stone! even 10 stone is too low for me. strange people arent we? lol

Hi Sander yup trudging along we are, we'll get there eventually lol

Ive actually managed to put the gain out of my mind and just carried on as normal. I know i'll be a bit grrr on saturday weigh, one if ive managed to lose it or even worse not lost it! but there you go 23/25 weeks with a loss is really good going for anyone i suppose but especially for me coz i know me!! lol

Back