put your hands up if you never cheat on your diet!??

lizzielipps

Back to basics!
Hi all iv'e been doing slimming world since Nov and i am finding it amazing, I eat loads and never cheat on it, (christmas day the only exception) I wondered if everyone had been as saintly as i have?? My slimming buddy cheats every week but still has an ok weight loss. I however am as good as gold and even though my weight loss has slowed down now I am pleased with my progress so far! I'm always grazing on bits and pieces and as there is no limit i'm much more satisfied than on the other diets i've been on before!! How do you get on with your diet???? very intrested in others progress!!:D

I'm in week 7 now and haven't cheated so far, which is amazing for me as without SW on other attempts have struggled to get past day 2!
But I know what you mean my slimming buddy also cheats and still looses- we are all different though. I'm too anxious to cheat! so not sure of the effect on the scales.

I've gone off-plan a few times since I started - and I do make a 'tweak' to the rules in that I don't syn the milk I have in my tea (but then I usually have four or five syns left over each day so this more than covers it) - but I don't consider any of this cheating. The few times I've gone off-plan it's been because I've had to eat out - one time (my birthday) I decided I'd have a normal meal and just enjoy myself, and the other times I've made the healthiest choices I could. It's really nice to feel in control of myself, and not like I've broken my diet, when life gets in the way of being 100% on plan. I'm really loving SW so far :)

I've gone off-plan a few times since I started - and I do make a 'tweak' to the rules in that I don't syn the milk I have in my tea (but then I usually have four or five syns left over each day so this more than covers it) - but I don't consider any of this cheating. The few times I've gone off-plan it's been because I've had to eat out - one time (my birthday) I decided I'd have a normal meal and just enjoy myself, and the other times I've made the healthiest choices I could. It's really nice to feel in control of myself, and not like I've broken my diet, when life gets in the way of being 100% on plan. I'm really loving SW so far :)

i know i feel in control for the first time in years thanks to slimming world! great losses by the way!

I'm one of those naughty cheaters I'm afraid, I'm very envious of anyone who can stick to plan religiously.

I'm good at not giving up, but not very good at not giving in lol! xx

I'm one of those naughty cheaters I'm afraid, I'm very envious of anyone who can stick to plan religiously.

I'm good at not giving up, but not very good at not giving in lol! xx

shame on you!! lol wow look at that amazing weight loss well done, maybe it's ok to have a little cheat now and then!! :D

I'm in week 7 now and haven't cheated so far, which is amazing for me as without SW on other attempts have struggled to get past day 2!
But I know what you mean my slimming buddy also cheats and still looses- we are all different though. I'm too anxious to cheat! so not sure of the effect on the scales.

yes i know what you mean, i get butterflies in my tummy before i get weighed and i never cheat!! :confused:

I think I got to about week 20 before I had a lapse, it was my birthday and was supposed to be a flexi-syn day, but I lost count :D so I couldnt even call it a flexi day

I did have a bad time at the 4 to 4.5 stone stage though as I plateaued, then the tweaks crept in because I wasnt losing, then I would moan because I wasnt losing, so I would get on plan, lose and then plateau again.

I battled through it though :D. I think someone would need to be almost inhuman not to fall off the wagon at least once on their weight loss journey. And it is your resolve of getting back on the wagon the next day/meal which is the true test of your dieting willpower :)

I think I got to about week 20 before I had a lapse, it was my birthday and was supposed to be a flexi-syn day, but I lost count :D so I couldnt even call it a flexi day

I did have a bad time at the 4 to 4.5 stone stage though as I plateaued, then the tweaks crept in because I wasnt losing, then I would moan because I wasnt losing, so I would get on plan, lose and then plateau again.

I battled through it though :D. I think someone would need to be almost inhuman not to fall off the wagon at least once on their weight loss journey. And it is your resolve of getting back on the wagon the next day/meal which is the true test of your dieting willpower :)
wow you have done so well cant wate till i've got my 4 stone award, so i just cant cheat! got a long way to go yet!! when you had your plateau did you stay the same for long?? or did the weight loss just slow down?

It literally stopped, I have no idea what happened at the beginning. But as the weeks went on I started to lose confidence in the plan, tweaks crept in such as not counting all my syns, not always following the 1/3 superfree etc. Then I would have a good week with no weight loss and think meh! Whats the point?

It took me 16 weeks to get from the 4 to the 4.5 mark (although Christmas was in that time scale as well). But I continued to go to group in that time, I am determined to get this weight off.

I finally changed from EE to Green days, and it was such a change, new meals additional healthy extras etc. And the weight started coming off consistently again. I think I was in a dieting rut before, so if I find myself getting into that situation again, I wont hesitate to shake things up again :)

i am a cheater, although i dont look at it as that. Tend to give myself meals (or sometimes days!!!) 'off', and luckily it hasnt affected my losses. Although no doubt it will bite me on the bum at some point!

I have at least 1 "cheat" moment a week. I weigh in on a tuesday morning and I am a saint til friday night and saturday when it all goes a bit wrong. Then back to being a saint again sunday & monday!! Just started a running programme so hopefully that will make up for my indescretions!!

I have to say that I cheat all the time... so far it hasn't shown up on the scales but I have a feeling after about 5 days only half on plan this week it'll finally show up :S

xx

I'm not a cheat, I've had 2 times (2 meals) off plan and that's it, I have been on SW for a year and a bit!

I don't cheat! Depends what you call cheating though, I use syns weekly so have a treat at the weekend but as I am consciously doing that and not losing control I don't consider myself to be going off plan.

I don't cheat either:D ..... I started off not daring to stray off plan as on ww etc one thing "off plan" would start my eating avalanche :eek: ..only as time has gone on I have realised that I don't need to cheat as I love the way Im eating... Im on week 46 now and as far as Im concerned this is the way I will be aeting for the rest of my life...

I'm a good girl I am :D Everything is accounted for ... well, everything WAS accounted for until this weekend! I had to flexi Saturday and Sunday because I went away for the weekend and it was impossible to keep track. I still consider myself to have been on plan though ... I balanced the probable syns consumed through food with not drinking any vino collapso :D

Back to 100% today :D

I dont cheat exactly , but if we are going out for a meal I will try to fit it around the plan, and then not eat everything on my plate

SW allow flexi-syns to take the guilt out of cheating :)

Back