Quark.........

I added it to pasta with tomato sauce and it was lovely :)

That also sounds delicious! I don't usua have just tomato sauce and pasta because it doesn't appeal to me. It's a shame as its such a quick meal. I'll de be trying this with the quark- sounds lush! Thanks for the idea!xx

I use it in recipes, but also like it on top of a baked potato - I beat in chilli flakes, black pepper and a little bit of sea salt, and it's yum.

I too use quark to make quiche and think it makes a nice creamy texture, i have also used it to make lemon meringue which was lovely, I love quark and 0% greek yog, something i never thought i would here my self say :rolleyes:

I agree about the quiche, broadsbean - so much nicer than cottage cheese. Could we possibly have a post of your lemon meringue, please? Really struggle with dessert ideas sometimes.

Kathy x

Don`t the flavoured ones have syns?

Don`t the flavoured ones have syns?

Just looked, Doreen. Lake District Dairy Co. Fat Free Lemon Quark - 100g = 1 Syn
Lake District Dairy Co. Fat Free Vanilla Quark - 100g = 2 Syns
Lake District Dairy Co. Cook-In Quark Sauce, Garlic & Herb - 200g pot = 7.5 Syns

I use it in place of cottage cheese in the SW quiche but mix HEX cheese into it and save some to grate over the top. It's much creamier than making it with cottage cheese and the addition of veg, bacon, prawns, whatever you put in your quiche, hides the Quark taste. Hope that helps, Kay. There is actually a thread totally dedicated to Quark usage on here somewhere.

Kathy xx

What recipe do you use for the quiche? X

Hi, what is the difference between the Quark and Fromage Frais. Is it not kind of the same but Fromage Frais seems a lot cheaper in Asda half the price of Quark? Thanks ladies :D

Lemon meringue recipe i completely missed people asking for the recipe xx sorry :eek:

300 g quark, 1 lemon grated and juiced, 3 eggs separated, 4 tbspns granulated sweetener ( i used stevia) pre heat oven to gas mark 4, beat quark, lemon juice,egg yolks and zest with 2 tbspns of sweetener place in oven proof dish/ ramekins. bake for 10 mins. whisk egg whites until they hold there own shape whisk in remaining sweetener. then pile on top of the desserts put back in oven for 5 mins or until golden brown. serve chilled

made them for a taster session and they went down a storm x

i made these tonight, cheese scones but subbed the cottage cheese for a tub of quark,

so quark, bag o instant mash, and 2 eggs with a good twist of salt and pepper. i topped mine with my heb reduced fat cheddar too.

taste better in my opinion. and i never could get over the consistancy of cottage cheese, a little too vomitty for my liking...:crazy:

DSCF2954.JPG

Back