question 2 all you super slimmers!!

I bought myself a pair of jeans in a size 10 and at the moment they are sooooooooooo tight around my hips and thighs and there is no way that they will button) but I am determined that one day I will fit into them. They were only £6 from Primark but I thought it might be good motivation for me. When I do get to goal I am treating myself to a pair of Miss Sixty jeans.

I love charity shops too ~ have got some fab bargains out of them.

Good luck with your size 12 target Laura ~ you will do it hun xx

I have a size 12 top hanging on my wardrobe and it does help keep me motivated. I think the charity shop is a great idea and you can take all your clothes there too as you go down in sizes :)

My OH has just gone out shopping, and I told him if he finds any nice jeans in a 12 to buy them for me as a target lol. I have him trained, but I wonder if he actually will buy me any... Hmm. Xx

Hi laura

I do the same with charity shops most weeks Ive got a new outfit or two to keep me motivated and to satisfy the clothes issue. Ive gone from a size 20 to and 18 within a stone loss, Im aiming for my second stone and I can just about squeeze into 16's. Been buying em from charity shops because I dont know what my end size will be, plus clothes that fit show your new body shape off to a treat had a couple of coments like "you loosing weight, dont your legs look slimmer" made me smile it did...lol

I have a size 16 monsoon dress I got in a charity shop to slim into, I've had it for 4 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I must try it on again, this year I shall wear it on my B'day! (unless it's too small that is :rolleyes:

I bought a beautiful size 10 cocktail dress when I reached target about 5 years ago.
It's a small 10, and is totally figure hugging.
It was only four pounds at the charity shop and it was new!
I loved it, and still do. I only had a chance to wear it twice and now I can't pull it on much past my knees now. That is my motivational outfit plus a pair of jeans I wore when I was 9 stone!
I also have a couple of really smart work suits that I bought in charity shops for when I lose weight and never have lost enough to wear them.
I also am a charity shop junkie and buy 90% of my clothes from them.
The other 10% are Primark bargains!
I tend to charity shop browse and buy on Saturdays but I have stopped (am suffering mild withdrawal symptoms) until I lose at least one stone. I have plenty to squeeze into until then.
When I reach my target I'll give all my "fat clothes" to the charity shops so I can't wear them again. :)

To begin with I had several items of clothes in size 16 (I was a size 18/bottoms and 20/22 tops in the beginning). It was a lovely surprise when I got the OH to get some suitcases out of the attic (we were going away on hols) and I had a go at trying the old clothes on seeing as the cases they were in were out at the time anyway. I was so chuffed when I realised they all fit, in fact some were too big :eek:. Then after xmas I went to the next and M & S sales and bought myself some jeans and some matching underwear. Those jeans have now been given away as they're too big now. I've been given several items of clothes from SW group members as they've grown out of theirs. I've also been to charity shops, asda and tesco for some bargains and the occasional item from Next. I've got a couple of things that are on the snug side which I've still got to lose weight to fit properly, but I can get away with them now. One is a purple size 14 jacket that I can wear but just not do up and the other is a pair of size 12 jeans which fit ok but give a me a bit of a muffin top and a lovely coral coloured, size 12 summer skirt which fits but is a little snug on my hips. They'll all fit me by the end of July beginning of August ;) I bought myself a couple of cropped linen trousers from Primark in April in a size 14 thinking they'll fit me by summer time. I tried them on when I got home and they fitted me perfectly then...lol. They're a little big now :rolleyes:
I have about 10 sets of matching underwear which are now all getting too big for me. I need to start getting them replaced soon and get myself measured for a bra.

Hi Laura, one of the first things I did after joining SW was to buy a pair of size 12 Ted Baker Jeans I'm absolutely convinced that I'm going to get in them :) failure is not an option hehe I say go for it!! :):):)

Sorry Laura, we seem to have hijacked your thread! But I'm so glad I mentioned charity shops I think (think??? KNOW!!!) I'm addicted.
Being retired, we often go away for a few days at a time - those Travelodge deals for £9 a night are just too good to miss - and hubby's off to the nearest exhibition/museum/air show, or boring shops like PC World, Jessops, Maplins and all the bookshops, whilst I'm off to the charity shops!
You can download lists/maps of charity shops in an area (including your own, of course) from Google Maps, and armed with the info I'm off, and in my element!
I don't NEED any more items (I keep telling myself you can only wear 1 item at a time!) but just love browsing in a different area, even looking through all the ornaments and bric-a brac, and wondering about their history, how they ended up there, even about the people who previously owned the clothes. Had they lost weight themselves and were these their BIG items? Were they sorry to see them go as I always am (yes, even the big items become like old friends), or were they just part of today's throw away society, who get bored with things so quickly? Either way, I'm so glad that they took them to a charity shop rather than landfill - at least they are being recycled!
I've even bought things I'd never have believed I'd do, like really good quality bra's, and shoes that I would never have been able to afford new. These were a godsend when I was a lot bigger - yes, even my feet expanded! - and many have now gone back to the charity shops. Sorry Mary Portas if they're not up to your standard!

So Laura, you must do what you think would work best for you, but I would still suggest you buy something that fits you now, that you can wear straight away to give yourself a boost - to show off the difference that you can already see and feel after just 5 weeks, and get your compliments like Claire Bear. THEN do your bit for recycling in another few weeks, and give it all back to the charity shops!!!

Here's to your size 12, we all know that you can do it - do keep us posted!

Last edited:
i am joined to a freecycle group i asked on the group for a pair of jeans at 14 so i could fit comfortabe in them and i ended up getting loads of clothes most things having labels on and i also advised my sister to ask on there for a size down for a goal as she wanted to go down a few sizes and i have given her a size 16 pair of trousures for a goal now as she is happily down to an 18. when i came off my tfr i got a lovely pair of o neil jeans for my birthday which were starting to get abit tight for me hence why i done something about it again and now my lovely jeans keep needing to be pulled up and my 14s that i am wearing now my trosures no joy i need a belt so hoping i will be a 12 be4 my wedding. i think everyone needs goals and a bit of insperation i only asked on freecycle as i didnt know if i could get there so didnt want to go out spending loads of money to find they would never fit me maybe if i had found a 3-00 pair in the sale i wouldnt have asked lol. xxxx

Back