question about BMI

aloize

Hi everyone,
Hope you are all having a good cambridge day.:)

Can anyone help? Im a bit confused. At my last weigh in my cdc said i should stay on SS for another 8 weeks and should be down to 10.7 stone by then.(lowered my goal a bit) However, i thought you couldn't do SS if BMI was below 25. Is this true? My BMI will be 25 when i reach 11.9 so im a bit confused. Obviously i would love to be 10.7 but I would like to go up the plans like i am supposed to and do it properly.

Many thanks in advance

I think you're right, we are supposed to step a little up when we hit BMI 25. I heard this was to protect lean body tissue. I am the same height as you, and actually have been on 810 since I was 12st 9lbs... my choice, but not one I regret, all that practice with food back in the picture should help me once I get to goal. At the moment my goal is 11st, will review that in June as have to come off CD altogether in early May for three weeks working abroad, destinations where CD cannot be brought into country. So will see how I go & adjust final goal after that - or not.

You are doing well, but don't be afraid to gently point out to your CDC that you need to come off SS at BMI 25. She no doubt means well, but those rules are there for a reason.

xxx

Thanks Katycakes. i will have a chat with cdc next time. i think its the thought of doing SS for another 8 weeks. I know people do it for months and months but i would rather start to introduce food and still lose weight if i can.
my goal is officially 11st too as i think i will be ok then but maybe see how i feel about going down another half a stone (i suppose its just because it feels achievable now)

I'm 4lbs off 11stone now and I feel great, so if I adjusted my goal it wouldn't be for that reason... more to have a safety-net really and use the 11st milestone as a barrier my weight would never be allowed to rise above. I'm not sure if this feels possible right now though, so 11st will do for me at the moment! I used to be 9st 7lb until I was about 25, but I know that isn't possible any more - I'm in my 40s now - and wouldn't look good on me either. I picked 11st as it was just inside the healthy range for my height, and now I'm getting close to goal I feel like me again... that's all I could have asked for.

Good luck honey - you'll do it!

xxx

Thanks.
You've done fantastic. Hopefully i will be there soon!!

Just to reiterate I too thought that once you hit BMI 25 you HAD to go up a plan to stop your body metabolising your lean tissue.

Yep, definitely. Your CDC needs to know that if she doesn't already!

xxx

Back