Green Day Question about SW chips!

Izzygirl

Hi everyone!

This might sound like a really daft question (I am no Jamie Oliver lol!)...

Is it ok to make SW chips 24 hours before you cook them? I'll be using baking potatoes, and I want to have them for tomorrow night's tea but would like to cut them in advance.

Would this be ok?

Thank you!!

I think they would go black if left for too long.I microwave mine first to part cook them,they might be ok in the fridge after doing that then just pop them in the oven when u need them,no guarantees though!!!Im addicted to these at the mo!!

Thanks hun!
Normally I'd just make them at the time, but we'll be in quite late tomorrow night so I want to try and prepare as much as I can in advance! I'm gonna try and make burgers and chips for tomorrow night's tea...yummy! x

I've only tried the SW chips twice. The first time they were pale. Didn't crisps up at all (even though I left them in for almost an hour and sprayed them every 15 mins).The 2nd time wasn't much better. What am I doing wrong?

Izzygirl, there should be no problem cutting them up and putting them in a bowl with water, ive done this before, just drain them off and dry them before cooking.

sharona, my sw chips are always yummy, this is what I do. I never par boil them, just chop them up, even leave the skins on. fry light the baking tray, lay the chips on top, then fry light again and sprinkle with salt and pepper, sometimes garlic or chilli powder depending on my mood. Put them in the oven (200c in a fan oven) for half an hour and they are crispy every time. Hope this helps :)

Izzygirl, there should be no problem cutting them up and putting them in a bowl with water, ive done this before, just drain them off and dry them before cooking.

sharona, my sw chips are always yummy, this is what I do. I never par boil them, just chop them up, even leave the skins on. fry light the baking tray, lay the chips on top, then fry light again and sprinkle with salt and pepper, sometimes garlic or chilli powder depending on my mood. Put them in the oven (200c in a fan oven) for half an hour and they are crispy every time. Hope this helps :)

Thanks very much for that:) I'll give it a go during the week.

oooh they always crisp up lovely.i micro mine for a few mins to speed them up then spray well with frylight and into a hot oven for bout half hour.like the other lady said u can leave the skins on aswell for a change.nice spinkled with cajun seasoning aswell...yummy...im feeling hungry now!!

I've only tried the SW chips twice. The first time they were pale. Didn't crisps up at all (even though I left them in for almost an hour and sprayed them every 15 mins).The 2nd time wasn't much better. What am I doing wrong?

Have you got the oven hot enough? I do mine at about 200C for 30-40min (fan). Also have you spread them out enough (use 2 trays if you have to)? They need the air to circulate.

I wouldn't spray them every 15min, I do it once just before I put them in and then turn them halfway.

Back