Quick Q Re drinks please

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by janey0, 23 June 2007 Social URL.

1. janey0

janey0 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Whilst on Atkins Diet coke and diet lemonade were a godsend to me and ddin't effect weight loss at all. I have read in a few places that this is not ok on CD, first of all can I ask why? Also what else other than water as in soft drinks are allowed. I don't drink coffee/tea, or much water really (I know i'll have to for CD).

I have read about coke zero, but I hate the taste of ordinary coke lol so i can't stand it.

Thanks again
    Janey

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Water flavourings

Drinking diet drinks can make you bloated and feeling hungry. It is best to stick with water, you can get water flavourings from your CDC which will help you get the water down.

[​IMG]

4. sazzy34

sazzy34 Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet / weight watchers
    My cdc has told me its something to do with the citric acid in diet coke, but the zero drinks are ok.
    But only 500ml a day.
    Must admit I stick to water.
    Hope youre doing great.

5. bunnycd

bunnycd Full Member

Yeah it's the citric acid. Really weird thing is that when I started drinking again on hols I actually tasted the lemon in diet coke. You will get use to coke zero and it will be a treat.

6. janey0

janey0 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Thanks, but what's the problem with the citric acid. Sorry if that's a stupid question lol!!

7. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Janey :D

The citric acid can knock you out of ketosis and then it's getting back into that fat burning process. I use water flavourings and would be lost without them. They just make the water drinking so much easier and it tastes nice warm as well as chilled.

Lacey :)

8. janey0

janey0 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    When I did Atkins I drank mounds of diet coke all the way through, hardly any water (i know bad) and lost 6 stone in 8 months, so it defineteley didn't knock me out of ketosis. Is it incase it knocks you out? Or something else? Just I know from Atkins that it defineteley didn't effect me like that?

Thanks

Janey

9. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World

To be honest I'm not sure then Janey as far as Atkins goes and it's theories as I've only followed CD as a VLCD. It's clearly worked for you with that kind of weight loss.

I'm sure a CDC will be along to give a better account of the citric acid thing before too long

Lacey :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.