quitting smoking

gemheath

I decided last week that enough was enough and decided to take the bull by the horns and quit smoking. It was getting to the point where I wasn't even enjoying smoking, it was purely an addiction.
I brought some nicorette gum, and went to a stop smoking clinic at the weekend, where they gave me a prescription for 2 wks worth of 16hr patches and mouthspray.
I haven't smoked now for 8 days, the patches are working perfectly, in the eight days I've only had 2 really strong cravings. So I'm super pleased, last time I lasted 5 mths cold turkey before I eventually caved. So I feel quite confident that doing the patch course will sort me out. Although I am a little worried about what's going to happen when its time to come off the patches.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using MiniMins

Well done honey, its hard at first but it does get better. I am now 17 months without a ciggie and I feel great!

I so can't wait to get to that stage, where its all firmly behind me. Well done on sticking with it. :)

hi all i gave up smoking on saturday just gone finding it hard for some reason today feeling very low. im on patches 24hr and also chewing gum im hoping this feeling will pass soon because i think if someone says anything to me i will burst out crying lol but determined to go with it

What about taking your mind off it with a book or something or with a job you've been putting off. I must admit that the patches have been a real life saver this time round

What about taking your mind off it with a book or something or with a job you've been putting off. I must admit that the patches have been a real life saver this time round

hi gem im at work at the moment but the feeling has now passed chamming away on the gum like mad it comes in fits and starts but been ok for a bit hopefully it will leave me alone for a while now, i was a heavy smoker before i quit just finding it a bit of a struggle for now, i know it will pass like it just has

I've finally made it to wk 2, and its feeling good. I had a bit of a wobble yesterday and had to use the mouth spray, its so disgusting all thoughts left my mind after using it lol.
I'm trying to save all the cash that I would have spent smoking so I can treat myself. I had my nails done last week, so I might book and have my feet done this sat, yey, I'm actually saving 15 a week which is incredible really, considering I only smoked 7 a day.

You're doing really well. You just have to stick at it :)

How are you getting on?

Back