Step 1 Sole Source + Quorn sausages!!

chloe0214

I just wanted to pass this on... I've been on ss+ for 12 weeks and started off eating tuna + chicken most nights.... Then my CDC told me any quorn is fine as long as its plain (I.e not the breaded/Cumberland/cheese&broccolli) so ive been having most nights quorn sausages (you get around 5) also peppered steak (which is delicious) and I've lost 3 stone! : ) so this definaty agrees with me,
I had trouble in the beginning with what to have for tea, but the meals now are really nice

Example: 5 quorn sausages, broccoli, green leaves with balsamic vinegar

2 peppered quorn steaks, 4 small mushrooms, green leaves with balsamic
Sorry for the essay
Hope

I might have to try some quorn.....after 5 months I'm getting a bit bored of my usual SS+ food!

I was like that too, but honestly the quorn sausages are £1 in asda for pack of 6 in the fresh isle, and also the peppered steak its SOOO nice, I'm always after meal ideas as I'm always having the same meal over and over..

Wow this is awesome news for me! Thanks for posting it! I've been having a lot of quorn pieces and mince because you get a lot more for your allowance than chicken! Will def give the sausages a try, thanks!

Ooh ! Will give sausages a go , tried the mince and didn't like that at all !

Just cooking chicken breast in a spoonful of fat free Greek yoghurt and Cajun spice , and veg stir fry ......
God knows how it'll come out ! Lol x

I posted about quorn sausage or other quorn products on the CD site and the reply was no products other than mince or pieces. This plan can be contradictory other on here have bars from week one and my consultant said no way not until week 3!! :/

I posted about quorn sausage or other quorn products on the CD site and the reply was no products other than mince or pieces. This plan can be contradictory other on here have bars from week one and my consultant said no way not until week 3!! :/

I posted a while back about the quorn sausages and all the replies were a no no!! But my CDC said to trust her they are absolutely fine, and as I said I've been doing ss+ 12 weeks now and I've had sausages 5 nights a week and ive lost 3 stone now so it's really confusing how some people say no and others say yes : /

Aren't the sausages 70 cals each? If you have five that would make your calorie intake much higher than 500-600? Maybe you could have two and a bit of salad? I love a quorn sausage so would love to have one!! Just worried about the calories x

Start: 17.3 Target: 10 Current: 15.6

To be honest I ain't Evan looked at the calories all i know is that my CDC told me I was allowed 200g of them and that's what I've been having. I've had no trouble with them as I have a loss every week so I don't know what they will be like for others but for me their fine and that's one of the best meals I enjoy so just wanted to share incase they work the same for every one else

OMG that's a lot of calories! I think a boiled egg is about 70 and you can have 2 so 2 sausages and salad might be fine :)

:) Well its obviously working well for you Chloe, you have had fantastic weight losses! I remember when I did SW the leader said people who ate a lot of quorn sausages always seemed to have great losses. Thanks for sharing the info :)

Well if it's working for you then that's the main thing plus you've inspired me to have quorn sausages for tea tonight! Congrats on your amazing weight loss :)

Start: 17.3 Target: 10 Current: 15.6

Yes that's what I have most nights : ) Evan try it for a week and see how you go with them, if its like me then bonus : ) as its a yummy meal

Just bought my quorn sausages to try and also picked up some cocktail quorn sausages as doing a boot sale tomorrow. Tried one and have to say .......pretty scrummy !

Thanks for the tip x x

Back