Quorn...

lisi

Hello All,
I've just started WW Monday using the old points system, doing it myself from home.

I have bags of Quorn style chicken pieces, and I'm at a loss as to what to do with them?

Does anyone have any recipes which are low in WW points?

Thank You, and Happy Dieting..My weigh day is Friday so fingers crossed...

Hello All,
I've just started WW Monday using the old points system, doing it myself from home.

I have bags of Quorn style chicken pieces, and I'm at a loss as to what to do with them?

Does anyone have any recipes which are low in WW points?

Thank You, and Happy Dieting..My weigh day is Friday so fingers crossed...

Hi im also doing old ee by myself at home and im a veggie so when it comes to quorn.... Here goes.

Basically pretend it is chicken and use it in a stew or cass as you normally would or in a curry etc. To use it whole I pan fry with spray light and add onions mushrooms passata and make a rich tom sauce - all of which is sooo low is amazing. Hope that helps a bit.

Also if you like cheese which i unfortuantely do - if you sprinkle some grated cheese on the top just at the end just to melt it it makes is so much nicer - in my opinion - hope that helps.

I use it in curries, also fajitas, enchiladas etc

Ooo sounds gorgeous how do you do your enchiladas and fajitas low points? I love the sour cream, guocamoli (sorry bout spelling) and a mountain of grated cheese! Would be really interested in making them low point if you don't mind sharing.

im addicted to the quorn mince, i find it the best for controlling calories in your food without losing taste of that feeling of being full. I love to have it in a chilli con carne or chilli con quorny as i call it.
just a tin of tomatoes, quorn mince and a pack of shwartz chilli mix. its so low points and tastes yum, especially with kidney beans or chickpeas too. enjoy

Veggie eater - I make fajitas (more burritos because I add rice) at home. I find using 0% fat Greek yoghurt a wonderful replacement for sour cream. Salsa (like doritos hot) is 0 points for 50g. If I'm really craving guacamole I'll just thinly slice just an avocado and share it out (carefully pointing). I make Spanish rice ( toast the brown rice, cooked with onions and garlic and left to simmer in tomato purée and chicken stock). I don't have mine with any meat or meat substitute and I'm not a fan of beans. Then a controlled portion of cheese. If I'm low on points availability by the end of the day, I will put all that on a bed of fresh spinach leaves instead of a wrap.

Hope that helps!

Veggie eater - I make fajitas (more burritos because I add rice) at home. I find using 0% fat Greek yoghurt a wonderful replacement for sour cream. Salsa (like doritos hot) is 0 points for 50g. If I'm really craving guacamole I'll just thinly slice just an avocado and share it out (carefully pointing). I make Spanish rice ( toast the brown rice, cooked with onions and garlic and left to simmer in tomato purée and chicken stock). I don't have mine with any meat or meat substitute and I'm not a fan of beans. Then a controlled portion of cheese. If I'm low on points availability by the end of the day, I will put all that on a bed of fresh spinach leaves instead of a wrap.

Hope that helps!

Mmm can you email me some now please.....

I have recently found out about meat free meats such as quorn and love it. I'm planning on adding a low fat sweet and sour sauce for 1p with the 2p portion of chicken pieces then adding some peppers and onions to make a 3-4p Chinese styled sauce. :)

Veggie Dieter said:
Mmm can you email me some now please.....

Haha did you ever get round to trying it?

Haha did you ever get round to trying it?

Hooo yes, got to say by far the nicest thing low fat low point that i've had in a while, I love them.

Back