Rach's not so fat momma diary!

Subscribing! Congratulations on the twins! Eeeeee! :D Sounds like with both head down and one engaged that they are wanting to come soon lol

Do you know what you're having??

XX

Hi Jo - thanks for popping in, although I'm not the best role model!!
Don't know what we're having, 3 possibilities!! I'm guessing one of each but we will see!

I'm still here, thought we may have had a bit of movement over the weekend but alas no! Got a midwife appointment today so maybe she will give me a few more clues.
the plan today is water and more water as I feel very puffy and bloated, like i didn't feel fat enough before though!

Just looking for ideas for today's menu ...

Monday menu

Muesli and ff yogurt HEB
pasta n sauce
Tuna lasagna with salad HEA x 2 for cheese
Fruit and sliced ham for snacks

Last edited:
Tuesday

rice cakes (not strictly a HEB but hey ho), low fat philli HEA and ham
Pasta and sauce, peas and lettuce; ff activia yogurt
Chicken stir fry with peppers, onions and rice

Last edited:
Hi Rachel,

How are you getting on? Hope you're well! You're due soon aren't you? :)

xx

Hi Rachel,

I hope you're ok? I'm assuming the twins are here? :) x

Hi ladies - just thought I'd update!! Delighted to announce that my gorgeous twin BOYS arrived 2 weeks ago today by emcs. (Was induced but after 2 days of intense contractions without progressing I was given a section). They are just beautiful and life will certainly never be the same again!! they weighed 4lb 15oz and 5lb 8oz and didn't need any time at all in nicu which can be common in twins.
As far as weight for mum goes ... I've really felt it drop off in these last 2 weeks, my legs look slimmer than they ever did, without the odema and my twin mum tum is decreasing daily!! Blood loss and lots of sweating, particularly at night, have really helped dropped the bloat.
I braved the scales for the first time since about 25 weeks and was pleasantly surprised!! I was 78.9 kg at booking in and today I weighed 82kg on the dot!! I can handle that, thought i may be left with stones and stones to shift!! not going to weigh myself again until they're 6 weeks now then will see about going back to class. I'm expressing milk for daytime for the two of them which should help and giving formula feeds at night. Hubby is trying to feed me well, was left very low in iron again after the blood loss of the section, eating home cooked heasltghy meals, not necessarily tracked to plan. Will keep you all updatedxx

Ahhh congratulations how many weeks was you ? Look forward to seeing some pictures xxx were they identical or fraternal. X

Ahhhhhh congratulations!!! 2 boys!!! Hehe x are they identical or non? Fantastic news!! Hope you are all well and can't wait to see pics :) :) xxxx

DSC_0074-1.jpg
Hi ladies, non identical boys born at 37 week's. I think they're really different but friends think they are very alike. Always believed they'd be fraternal as there are twins in the family and it's the fraternal type that are hereditary (women prone to releasing 2 eggs).

View attachment 112972
Hi ladies, non identical boys born at 37 week's. I think they're really different but friends think they are very alike. Always believed they'd be fraternal as there are twins in the family and it's the fraternal type that are hereditary (women prone to releasing 2 eggs).

Absolutely gorgeous hun!! and well done for getting to 37 weeks with twins, that's amazing!! :) Beautiful baby boys xxx

View attachment 112972

Awww congrats!!! They are so so beautiful .xxxx

Awwwww Rachel your twin boys are gorgeous! Congratulations!!

Hope you are getting plenty of help from family and getting some naps in!! xxx

Awww they are so beautiful xx

Congratulations Rachel, what gorgeous little boys they are <3 So cute!

Hope you're all doing well and babies are letting you get a bit of rest ;) Well done on your weight loss too! xxx

Congratulations on your gorgeous baby boys. And well done with your weight, that's fab!! Xx

Thank you ladies - incredibly biased I know but they are beautiful! I need to be careful as I've scoffed too many biscuits since weighing myself the other day. My OH goes back to work on monday so back to routine then - or new routine time!!

Food diary for Monday

Milk in coffees/ teas HEA plus 2 tsp sugar 2syns
Bk - oats HEB
Lunch - pearl barley, chicken and veg broth, Muller light
Tea - lamb lofts 5 syns with homemade veg curry (using freezer leftovers)
2 lindt chocs 6syns??

Couldn't resist it - stood on the scales this morning, another kilo off this week. That was after chips for tea last night, too many biccies at the weekend and before a feed/ express this morning (half a pound for that liquid???). Determined to have a healthy week eating wise this week!!

A kg is a great loss well done. How are you finding life as a twin mummy xx

Back