Rach's not so fat momma diary!

I'm good thanks, moments where it's the most wonderful then the odd moment like yesterday as my DH had gone back to work and they both started crying to be Fed at the same time. Can only pick up and feed one at a time so we all ended up in tears!! Mummy hormones got the better of me! Having a better day today though. Hasn't helped that the health visitor is part of the breastfeeding mafia and is trying to get me to go down that route exclusively but it's just too hard for two - she left me feeling like a bad mummy! My boys have really grown though so I must be doing something right!

Wow well done in the weight loss sounds like your doing great :) the twins must keep you very busy!
I would do what you like with regards to the breast feeding .. I don't agree with midwives putting pressure on new mums .. It's stressful enough as it is and you have not one but two babies to care for so do what you feel is right! Xx

Well done on the weight losses and the babies weight gain do what feels right for you and the boys :) they are gaining so you are doing a good job xx

Food diary (retrospective!!)

Bk - banana, milky coffee HEA... Not much I know but was too busy!
Lunch - scrambled eggs, ham, toast HEB, Greek muller 0.5syns
Tea - chilli, wedges. Cheese 5 syns
Mini muffin 6 syns???

Today - didn't get round yo feeding me until 12.15 today, got myself a ham and cheese sandwich and a banana (2 HEBs and 1 HEA which I think I'm entitled to as I'm expressing some milk). 2/3 syns for v low-fat spread.
Tea was tuna pasta. Then had 2 little packs of haribos???

6lb off for me this week!!! Back to my booking in weight at 4 week's after the boys birth. Cannot believe that. I know it's not like real weight loss, all water and blood etc but I'll take that. Running ragged after two babies and expressing will have helped no end. Now need to shift the stone and a half I gained before getting pregnant!!

Wow, that's amazing!!! Well done you!! :) xx

Well done that's really good weight loss xx

Awww congratulations on your gorgeous twin boys, they are absolutely perfect! well done you!

Well done on the weight loss too! you're doing fantastic! :D

Hi Rach,

How are you and your boys getting on? I can't remember if you told us already but what are their names? :) If you don't mind sharing of course!!!

Hope you're having a good weekend x

Hi ladies,

Not been on in a while - hands very full!! I have a sleeping baby in my arms (number 2 has gone up with DH). I've got very good at texting/ typing with one hand though. Things are much better - I stopped breastfeeding just over a week ago and that made life so much easier and me less hormonal. The boys are thriving, over 8 and 9lbs already - so much bigger than the 5lb tiddlers in my avatars!
Getting to sleep is so much better now we've stopped trying a routine. Don't know if I posted on here about a few nightmares where it took till 1am to get them settled. We keep them down with us till bedtime then take them up and keep up the noise - it's proven more effective (touch lots of wood). Bless them, they are getting used to the world and beginning to recognise nighttime for bed.
I can now drive again after my section and am getting into a sort of routine with my days; getting us all up, fed and dressed takes a while - some days I get a shower, others not. Days when my parents come are great!! I did have quite a few weepy days on my own, feeling it was all beyond me seeing to 2 New babies at once but we're getting there now - I'm more relaxed on the occasions the boys kick off at once; I know that as long as they are fed, changed and healthy there are times when they both have a good cry... It doesn't bring me out in tears anymore - I know they're fine and how to deal with each in their own way. One needs his head stroking and his dummy, the other a good wind over my shoulder... Which can be done both at once!!!
Since last posting I've lost more weight (about another 6lbs). When converting to stones I'm below 12 for the first time in over a year... Intend to stay here now! Again I can't really say it's because I'm following any particular plan, just being a busy Mum to twins!!! - I literally have not got time to snack... Getting breakfast and lunch doesn't happen every day - often I manage a quick butty around 11ish then DH and I have tea quite early at the mo. A weekly treat has been nipping to the carvery round the corner where we can get a quick roast dinner and lots of veggies with the boys asleep in their car seats - we used to eat out a lot but can't really wait around long enough to order etc Now!! It's all good though - we must be saving a fortune!! I also think more weight has come off since I've packed in breastfeeding... I'll be left with seriously empty boobs though - cue spaniel ears!!!!
Hope any readers are doing well!
Rach

Last edited:
I had my post-natal check and the doctor didn't weigh me! Gutted!! Wanted her to see my much improved BMI!!
All well this wk - got first smiles from my boys; just beautiful! Makes all thought of sleepless nights fade. Can't believe how much they've grown and developed.
Did a Trafford centre shop this morning; very proud of doing that on my own with them, including a change before leaving. Getting us all up, dressed and there for 10am felt like some achievement. I hate the place but needs must - meant I could do the lot without worrying about getting the double buggy through shop doors.

Bought a new dress for Xmas day - obviously couldn't try it on so bought the 14 And 16 ... The 14 fits really well!! Very chuffed with that. The plan is to not go too mad over Xmas then really push to get as low in the 10s as I can for next summer! Step one of that is not letting Xmas start, food wise, before Xmas eve!!

Sounds like you and the babies are doing fantastic and it is so great when you get those first smiles and well done on fitting in to a size 14 dress hope you all have a fantastic first xmas together xx

Sounds like you and the babies are doing fantastic and it is so great when you get those first smiles and well done on fitting in to a size 14 dress hope you all have a fantastic first xmas together xx

Thank you hun, you too!

Sounds amazing Rach x can't imagine the joy of seeing your children smile at you :) I think I'd cry!!

Your doing so well x I know from my sister having twin girls its hard work!! But she wouldn't change a thing. Although its double the tough times, she gets twice the joy. :) they are 4 and a half now and so so close. Chalk and cheese, but best friends :)

Hope you and your gorgeous little boys are doing well xx if we don't hear from you before, Happy Christmas!!! Xx

Hi Rach, how are you getting on? Xxx

Hi Princess peach - congratulations!! Your little one looks beautiful, well done you!

I'm good thanks. My boys are 20 weeks now and thriving. At a very cute babbling and rolling stage, still not sleeping through (12 hours is sleeping through to me!) but only needing one feed from 6.30-6.30 which is a breeze compared to the early weeks!
Weight Wise I kind of lost my way after Xmas but got back on the plan on ash Wednesday. I hadn't weighed myself in weeks till today and it's down, was 73.8kg this morning which gives me encouragement to carry on! I have a big birthday in July I want to get into the 10's for!!!

So, a diary entry seeing as I've not done one for a while!
Bk - boiled eggs and 4 ryvita HEB, milk in coffee HEA
L - pasta n sauce, mushrooms
T - spag boll, extra veggies
Flora light 1.5syns, skinny cow lolly 5 syns, 2 tsp sugar 2 syns

Hi again - I'm back with a bit of a push till a big birthday I've got coming up in a 6 weeks. It's a birthday ending in 0!!!!???!!
I saw a picture of myself taken at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and was not impressed! I thought I looked thinner than that, I felt thinner than that! Maybe I just felt such a contrast to being heavily pregnant.
Anyway I always got on well with slimming world red days! Think reducing processed carbs works for me. I've been persuaded to join my sister in law doing primal/ paleo. Think the inclusion of nuts, oils and seeds may help get my skin back to health!
The boys are 6 months now and fabulous!!! Happy rolling, babbling, eating and sleeping little boys. Great fun!!
So here goes...

Monday

Melon and raspberries

Mackeral in olive oil salad

Lamb stew

Snacks - dried cranberries and cashews

Tuesday

Scrambled eggs, Apple

Tuna and avocado salad

Griddled chicken and stir fried veggies

Snack - walnuts, dates

Sent from my C5303 using MiniMins.com mobile app