Rach's Weight Loss Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello :) Sorry I've not been around for a while. Looking forward to meeting you soon! I need to know what's going on before I get there, so get planning :p

i cant find beef and mushroom big soup and its sounds lovely!!

asda and sainsburys both do them - the big soups / heinz 515g soups are on offer at asda atm for 3 for £3.. expensive but totally worth it.. they're really filling and absolutely gorgeous.

right ok ..... malba toasts wat are they ??? for 1 point for 12 it seems i need to get me some LOL ...

your menu is lookin good Rach :) .... your doing well hun xx

they're like tiny thin crackers.. toasted wheat bread they are really. I only bought them the other day after seeing Fuzzy eats them so i thought i would try them.. inside the box they are individually wrapped in packs of 6 which i thought was really cool, and each 6pk is 0.5 points.. 60p a packet of 30 melba toasts i think isnt bad.. could be 36.. not entirely certain but still! :)

Hello :) Sorry I've not been around for a while. Looking forward to meeting you soon! I need to know what's going on before I get there, so get planning :p

i have no idea myself - i will turn up as always, text Jen / Sandy and then follow them LOL :p ask Jen, she'll know whats happening!

aaaaanyway.. just gotten in now - been to see Marley and Me at the cinema.. Owen Wilson amazing as always, storyline rubbish, but still, you know what happens to dogs when they get old.. heart wrenching.. left the cinema in tears, as did all the female watchers LOL.

ended up seeing a later show as the girl due to take over from me at 7 rang in sick.. so i promised manager i would stay until 8 and shut an hour early. 10-8 is one damn long shift i can tell you that.. but i had plenty to do so it went faster than it could have. I got "WOW'd" today too :D we did a training workshop on customer service the other week, and today apparently i impressed a customer talking to her about Jamie Oliver and recipes etc, and so my name has been passed to the boss, so you never know, could see a gift voucher from it.. either way, very proud of myself for my WOW :D

anyway.. final food plan for today:

B - apple and blueberry oatsosimple (3)
L - 1/2pk quorn mince (2.5) onion (0) gravy granules (1) broccoli (0)
T - heinz BIG soup beef and mushroom (3) 12 melba toasts (1)
S - banana (1.5) apple (0.5) options hot chocolate (0.5) 6 melba toasts (0.5) 30g philadelphia light (1) sliced tomato (0) small diet coke (0)

total: 14.5 points

feel like i've eaten for england today, cant believe how few points i've actually had.. however there are at least 15 points coming tomorrow in the form of a thai green curry, and i've never tried scallops so i have a scallop recipe to try for starters.. so will quite happily rack up some points tomorrow / today! :)

thursdays food plan:

B - raspberry oatsosimple (3)
L - 115g rump steak (4) carrots, broccoli and cauliflower (0)
T - 4 scallops (1) 4 slices pancetta (2.5) butter sauce (tba) salad leaves (0)
chicken breast (2.5) 1/2 tin coconut milk light (7) spinach, onion, chilli (0) 1tbsp green thai curry paste (1) 80g brown rice (4)

total: 25 points + butter sauce

wide awake.. :D when anyone else gets up, any chance someone can confirm my points values on my butter sauce please?

30g shallots (0) 15ml white wine vinegar (0) 20ml ww white wine (0.5) water (0) 15ml sk. milk (0.5) 20g butter (4) salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, lemon juice (0)

waiting on Matty to finish uni, then we're off to Metro Centre for a few hours.. i WILL be properly into a 16 in the next few weeks (thanks Jax for the well needed kick up the bum and support you've given me of late :sign0168:) and so i need some new clothes. They have some gorgeous 3/4 sleeve v neck and round neck tops on 2 for £12 in dorothy perkins. I want one in coral, and one in royal blue - i love all the bright colours that are about atm! I am also in desperate need of trousers for work - i am currently wearing my dorothy perkins black jeans to work, as I am now onto wearing 2 pairs of trackies under my old work trousers, plus a piece of string tied round to keep them up!

I would love to wear a bikini come summertime (they have some gorgeous nautical ones in New Look) - however with my stomach, i think that is out of the question.. so going to try toning up some, and look for a tankini if nothing else.. i have a lovely tommi hilfiger one that i got in america when i was this size last time.. but i need another one or two.. tankinis are like shoes.. you cant just have one. This is my argument for my 8 swimming costumes.. but they are a necessity.. the lifeguards would think me scruffy for wearing the same clothes every day, so why wouldnt they think the same for wearing the same swimming costume? :p

I would love some new underwear.. but Matty will no doubt not even let me look in the shop :( he's wise to my "window shopping" which cumilates to internet buying... buggar!

Also, i want to peruse for some new aftershaves.. Mattys birthday is in april, as is his dads, and men need to smell nice. So do I, so may use this as an excuse to add to my own perfume collection..

..now i read back, i wonder how i ever wondered why i never have any money :p

todays food plan:

L - 115g rump steak (4) carrots, broccoli and cauliflower (0)
T - 4 scallops (1) 4 slices pancetta (2.5) butter sauce (2.5) salad leaves (0)
chicken breast (2.5) 1/2 tin coconut milk light (7) spinach, onion, chilli (0) 1tbsp green thai curry paste (1) 80g brown rice (4)

total: 27.5 points

waiting on Matty to finish uni, then we're off to Metro Centre for a few hours.. i WILL be properly into a 16 in the next few weeks (thanks Jax for the well needed kick up the bum and support you've given me of late :sign0168:) and so i need some new clothes.
No problem at all hun, am just glad yr back up firmly on that wagon! If you fall off again between now and the 3rd I'll drive up and kick you back on :D

Hope you had fun shopping with matty today and that he allowed you a little spending spree in La Senza. Take care and enjoy that scrummy meal tonight xxx

Hi Rach
Am loving your menu's - you doing really well with aour meal plans. Hope you've enjoyed your mega shopping sprea and not too much damage in the bank ...ha ha!

x

Hi Rach

You are back on track again, enjoy shopping chicky XXXX

about time too! :D hope i can stick to it - howre you doing hun? xxx

No problem at all hun, am just glad yr back up firmly on that wagon! If you fall off again between now and the 3rd I'll drive up and kick you back on :D

Hope you had fun shopping with matty today and that he allowed you a little spending spree in La Senza. Take care and enjoy that scrummy meal tonight xxx

Thanks Jax *hugs* had a good time, Matty stopped me buying anything.. though really even though there is a half price sale on, there wasnt too much i wanted.. and its not like any of it WOW'd me, if that makes sense..

Hi Rach
Am loving your menu's - you doing really well with aour meal plans. Hope you've enjoyed your mega shopping sprea and not too much damage in the bank ...ha ha!

x

thanks Tracey, about to pop into yours to see how you're doing :)

we've just finished tea - absolutely stuffed.. probably over ate but it was worth it.. never had scallops before, never want them again.. really wasnt fussed on them but they were okay with the pancetta and the spinach leaves :) Matty really liked the thai green curry so feeling very pleased with myself :)

also, afterwards i found out that you can swap half your coconut milk for normal milk.. that would've been much lower pointed but i bet it wouldnt have been so tasty!

Mattys going out in a bit for some chocolate, and i've preordered a creme egg - yum! :D

so total points for today is actually 31, so i'm 7 over, but i have saved enough the last few days, and i intend on trying to save points tomorrow and over the weekend if possible.

going to spend the rest of the night curled up with Matty watching House :D- he's just appeared with a sharesize bar of galaxy for himself! Good thing at least is i know he will manage it all himself so i won't be tempted! :p

Enjoy your nite infront of the tv with your creme egg, you lucky thing!!! Glad thai curry went well!!

x

SHaresize means it's for SHARING! :)

scallops can be really hit and miss, wasnt sure i liked 'em either but had 'em in a restraunt a couple times and they were gorgeous, think it very much depends how they're cooked. I have never been brave enough to try

Hmm scallops pan fried in bacon+cream well thats how i used to do em!!!

Did you mention a cream egg???
Erm i tried not to see that part...
Have a nice day tomoz xx

Enjoy your nite infront of the tv with your creme egg, you lucky thing!!! Glad thai curry went well!!

x

thanks CC :D creme egg was LOVELY, though think it was a mistake.. woken up today craving sweet things :(

SHaresize means it's for SHARING! :)

good thing i dont really like galaxy then, though i have to say.. it disappeared that fast, dont think i wouldve scored any even if i wanted it! :D

scallops can be really hit and miss, wasnt sure i liked 'em either but had 'em in a restraunt a couple times and they were gorgeous, think it very much depends how they're cooked. I have never been brave enough to try

theyre so expensive! :( They work out more than 50p each at work.. we had four each so it came to almost £5 for them :eek: maybe its a good thing i didnt like them.. couldnt afford that every day!

Hmm scallops pan fried in bacon+cream well thats how i used to do em!!!

Did you mention a cream egg???
Erm i tried not to see that part...
Have a nice day tomoz xx

that sounds gorgeous (well, the bacon and cream bit), though the butter sauce was high enough and i made it with skimmed milk.. god knows what the points would be with bacon and cream!

and yes, creme egg.. YUM :D worth every bit of the 3.5 points it was :D

..i think i would sell my soul for a creme egg :D

anyway.. good morning! :D working 8-3 today (what a crap shift :( - only get a 15min break for it..) and think that overfeeding my stomach yesterday has given me the hungries today.. bad Rach :mad: lesson learned - stop filling yer face! :p

rough plan for today:

L - big soup (3) / batchelors low fat chicken soup (2) with 12 melba toasts (1)
T - 1 med. chicken breast (2.5) carrot, broccoli and cauliflower (0) gravy granules (1)
S - apple (0.5) banana (1.5)

total points: 11.5 / 12.5 points

anyway, better run! have a good day everyone :) x

thanks Rosie and Jane :D i have been thinking about those scallops all day - see, even my brain doesnt recognise when i dont like something.. so i still think about it! :p gutted!

got to work today and was rota'd in to work an extra two hours, but i refused - i dont mind if i'm asked but i dont like being given no notice what so ever - i had nothing for my lunch as i only get 15 minutes break for 7hrs, and tbh i just wanted to go home for 3.

food plan for today:

L - heinz big soup beef and mushroom (3) with 12 melba toasts (1)
T - beef casserole made with 200g lean braising steak (5.5) beef stock cube, water, carrot, onion, passata and basil (0) with broccoli and cauliflower (0)
S - apple (0.5) banana (1.5) curried parsnip soup made with 350g parsnip (3.5) onion, water, vegetable stock cube, 2tsp curry powder, salt and pepper (0) 6 melba toasts (0.5) 2 ww naan breads (5)

total points: 23 points

Hey there you. Good for you refusing on the 2 extra hours; totally out of order signing you up for it without asking you! Hope you have a lovely weekend - you know where I am if you start to waver.

Girls are counting the sleeps til you come down already :D

given that you worked over the other day to help out the lady who'd lost her keys i think you were perfectly reasonable!!

Are you comming to the brum meet?

thanks everyone!

Irene, not a big fan of my own cooking usually but my tea was yum.. especially as i fell asleep and it slow cooked for an extra two hours on the hob (sometimes i wonder how i havent burnt down my house yet! :p)

Jax, i'm counting down myself :D dead excited and I miss the little cheeky buggars.. saving up lotsa big hugs for them :) and thank you for the support, although touch wood i seem to be managing at the moment! :D woohoo!

and thanks Jane :D when is the brum meet? i will have to see if i can get the time off, but i might pop down aye :D would love to meet you and is Aunty M going too? x

ooh and while i'm here, food plan for tomorrow:

L - sainsburys bgty cheese and onion quiche (6) broccoli (0)
T - chicken breast (2.5) carrots, broccoli and cauliflower (0) gravy granules (1)
S - tin mandarin segments (0.5)

total: 13 points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back