Rach's Weight Loss Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope its a great time for you Rach an dthat thebirthday celebrations are first class.

Enjoy

M

Have a lovely birthday weekend:p

i'm here! :p was really tired last night, so pretty much flopped as soon as i got home - woulda asked Matty to carry me to bed, but still a bit heavy for that.. :p

work this morning then giving blood at half 1.. otherwise, nothing exciting.

B - 60g shreddies (3) 1/2pt skimmed milk (1)
L - tin batchelors low fat chicken soup (2) 2 ryvitas (1)
T - fish curry from the WW mag (4) and 60g brown rice (3)
S - pack ww biscuits (1.5 - not letting them force a club biscuit on me again! :p) and a banana (1.5)

total: 17 points

Well done Rach. So glad you had a good weekend xxx

Glad you got back safe and sound - did you have another chinese in the end????

Good on you for giving blood.

*note to self, must look that up and get myself over there...*

Hey Rach :) ... Ive thought about giving blood, How much does it hurt? ...
they do it in my village so its not like its far away! ...

You sound like your doing really well hun! .. Ive lost the plot this last week! .. so am not going tonight lol

hope you had a fab weekend.xx

thanks everyone :D

you should all go and give blood - it only takes half an hour and it is pretty much pain free - you can request anaesthetic (i have it) and it numbs the area so all you feel is a pinprick sensation.

any of you men (Manny :p) should also sign up to give platelets :D i cant wait to give them.. the nurse says its possible women might be able to start giving this year :) so excited! Don't know why i would be excited.. but i am.. can't wait! :D was thinking i might sign up for bone marrow too, but apparently its really very painful :(

I am covered in plasters today though - for some reason my iron test (which each donor has to do before they give blood, to make sure you arent anaemic) failed.. so i had to have a second test from my non-donor arm.. so i have matching plasters on both arms :D i also have one on my finger from my original iron test, one on my thumb from not opening my soup can properly, and about 10 on my feet from my not-so-much-of-a-bargain-now £4 primark shoes which i wore all weekend in Glasgow.

Matty loved my dress a LOT - he's only ever seen me in dresses for weddings and special occasions.. so maybe i excited him a little too much, or maybe he just missed me over the weekend.. but either way, i still got up this morning with a big smile on my face :D

foods gone a little haywire, but not to worry - its all under control :D

B - 60g shreddies (3) 1/2pt skimmed milk (1)
L - batchelors low fat chicken soup (2) and 2 dark rye ryvita (1)
T - ww fish curry from magazine (3) 60g brown rice (3)
S - 2 sausages (6) 2 slices lean bacon (3)

total: 21 points

I think its fab that you give blood.. i'd really love to, but sadly advised not to.. might still give it a go sometime..
why can men only give platelet donations? i never knew that.. im sure my cousin gave bonemarrow at some point.. an amazing thing to do..
x x x

something to do with the differences in the complexity of our antibodies.. we have periods etc.. men don't.. they're simple creatures so easier to take their platelets haha :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back