Rainbow is leaving SW again! x

Yeah not bad hun, had my long locks cut this afternoon, that was a shock to the system! All looking ok for WI tomorrow morning (although I have probably lost about 4lb of hair!)

How are you doing?

Yeah have just read your diary and have asked bout the hair and dress! Yup am fine, well am not totally back in the zone, but am going to WI this week and will just have to accept the gain and go from there, not a lot else I can do is their! xxx

Good on you. WI will draw a line under whatever damage you may have done and then you can get back on course

exactamondo x

well as i put on the other thread - I put on a pound over the last two weeks, not bad seeing as I was totally off plan, I had intended to go back to it - but so far have been unable to! So was thinking of changing diets, but Lindam (thanks again) said something that made great sense.... that if my heads not in SW will it be in something else, and the answer was no it wont be, so Im just going to try and damage limitate at the minute!

Oh and this is my 1000th post! xxx

no it wasn't it was my 1001st! XXX

3 stone down photo

Heres my 3 stone down photo!! I know Im blinking but you can see a difference (well I can!) xxx

The one in the pink top was me at 18 stone and half a pound and now Im 14 stone 13 pounds x

Attachments

• LPIC0861.jpg
    LPIC0861.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 85
  • vix.jpg
    vix.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 83
It's a great acheivement, you have done so well. And yes you can see the difference!

Aww hun, thats brilliant well done!! I can really see the difference, although you were very pretty before hand too. x

Thanks Taz and Lou - you're so nice! XXXX

Well Im still not in the zone, although can feel myself heading back towards it. Im weighing up (no pun intended) as to whether or not to stop going to the SW meeting - I just see it as a waste of money esp seeing as Im not even staying and not even sticking to it. Anyway I keep coming to a decision .......... and then change it! So we'll see xxx

bless ya! i've been in your position before, but be honest with yourself and ask yourself what you really want. think about the reasons why you joined slimming world in the 1st place and ask yourself if you've achieved what you set out for. if the answer's no, then get back to class and stay to class for motivation. if you're in no rush to reach your goals then take a few weeks out and rejoin, but DO NOT do the following....

...my previous SW experiences have consisted of this - i would lose around 2 stone, then i would have a bad day or 2, think sod it and end up having a bad week, then go to weigh-in and gain a few pounds, think to myself i'll get back on track, but somehow can't, then skip a week, thinking i will get back on it in time for the following week and will have lost, but i have ended up just giving up all together and piling the weight back on no matter what i tell myself. if you're going to stop then please don't fall into what i've previously done - either try and stick to it at home to maintain with the odd treat here and there, but don't let yourself return to your old eating habits - because it's so easily done.

...this time it feels different though, so fingers crossed!

but whatever you do decide good luck :)

I've found my month away from class to be a valuable one, I think that's what helped me get back in the 'zone' as it relieved the pressure of the weekly WI. When I go back next week it will only show that I stayed the same but in that time I put on quite a bit then lost it again and I really feel like it is starting to move again. Try taking a break from class but stay on plan

You look fantastic in the photo - well done!!!
x

Thanks people. Great advice Karen - and you're right I dont wana slip back into my old habbits and ther is an increasing danger of that happening, or should I say ther was an increasing danger of that happening. I have taken on boards peoples comments and have come to realise that, no, Im not happy as I am and I do need to continue to do somehting about it. The initial thought would of course be back to sticking at SW and attending meetings, but I am begrudging paying the weekly fee when I dont even stay at meetings. So instead a few of us at school are going to get weighed every Friday morning in the staff room and put in a pound (in money a week) so at least Im not doing it on my own cos ther was always the danger that Id get weighed every week at home and if I put on then hey ho - no worries... I'll lose it next week and all that baloney, when really I wouldnt. So thats me! Im back on track - have done so well and dont wanna blow it xxx

Well Ive been good today - Ive had some special k for brekkie, Muller light yoghurt as morning snack, bacon, egg, beans and gamon for lunch, and having salmon stir fry for my tea. Not had any other synned snacks apart from the hihglights hot choccy Im drinking right now yummy, its really hitting the spot!

Its strange cos my mood regarding weight loss is changing almost hourly, one minute I feel like knocking the diet on the head and just seeing if I can maintain for a little while cos I do feel much happier as I am and am enjoying wearing some size 16 clothes! Then almost within the same thought train I decide that Im still huge (which is true!) and that I have a long, long way to go, and I dont want it to take a long, long time - but I know it will. I know thers no quick fixes and that sticking to the plan does work and will work. And Ive got my hol to look forward to and will look so much better in holiday clothes! Also seeing boyfs parents when we go up to Scotland and havent seen them since I started the diet so they'll see a big change and I think ther comments will give me a bog boost. Does anyone else feel undecided/unmotivated at the minute? or does anyone who has felt like it previously have any advice to give me - or is it jut a case of sticking it out! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ramble over xxxxxxxx

I know exactly where you are coming from.

We have lost some weight, we look better than we did. Our clothes look better, or even a size or two smaller. We could stop here.. all that planning, cooking, shopping and preparing.. its a hassle. Worrying about WI, to eat or not to eat before, dont drink too much water or it will show.. oh my goodness, all we think about or talk about is food. Those choccies look good, oh for a slice of pie.

On the otherhand. I dont want to be a size 16 and weigh over 13 stone & I dont want to sit covering my belly with a cushion.

But I think if you have been a certain size for so long, losing it can be a frightening thing. For me I worry .. will I still be funny? Will I no longer shy away from having my picture taken? Will my overweight friends be jealous of my loss?

And if the answer to these is yes then great.. (if friends are jealous they may do something to lose their weight) But because of these worries we can try to sabotage our own losses, make it seem as though we are happy with what we have acheived so far, say we are meant to be this size/weight blah blah blah.. but in all honesty, what do we want more? Smaller numbers and clothes or lots of cake? If its truly is cake thats fine too, just be aware that the numbers wont ever be smaller.

Am I rambling now??

Back