Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Always good to have a holiday to look forward to as motivation. Good luck with your goal.

I hope you're doing well Bee :)

Hi Bee. How's it going? I hope you're feeling good now. This diet business is so difficult, well it is for me anyway. Some people seem to have so much willpower whereas mine is virtually non existent! Did you start your advance diary? I wish there was a magic solution!

Bee how is it going?

Hey everyone, sorry for being so quiet on here. Things have been so busy. But i'm happy to report that I managed my restart last week and have been back on the plan for a week now. But what with a mega hideous totm I only lost 0.5lb at weigh in last night. I wasn't disappointed though. I know I had a bad week and a good week so they kind of cancelled each other out. And then with the added hormones and emotional baggage that comes along with THAT time plus gallons of water retention I didn't expect a loss anyway.
The group was really good last night though, it did spur me on to stick to the plan. I don't know why exactly but I have been feeling rather sluggish and emotional lately and quite aimless. Not sure this is making much sense. When I am like this, I just want to run away from everything that even remotely looks like a commitment or responsibility.

To give you an example: I have been wanting to replace my mobile phone for ages. It's four years old now and still working but starting to fray a little around the edges and has a few problems now. So finally, after months of reading up about phones and deciding and undeciding again, I ordered a phone yesterday. And guess what. It arrived and I can't be excited about it. If anything, my old phone which I really love seems to be looking at me like I'm unfaithful. And I know it was my decision to buy the phone but now I just want it to go away. Just re-reading what I wrote makes me feel rather unhinged :eek:

Lmao you don't sound unhinged to me chick! I bought myself a new phone about a year ago and it stayed in its box for 2 weeks as i just could not be bothered learning how to use it! If I could have replaced my old phone with the exact same model i would have done....

I am with you on the feeling 'Meh' - I start a new job on Monday and I am not remotely excited, so much so I am even concerned that I may not even be interested when i get there!! :-/ Hopefully that'll change!

Anyway congrats on the half pound loss - its a bonus if you were expecting nowt! :-D

You're not unhinged at all Bee. Most of us like to hold on to stuff we feel comfortable with.

Well done on getting a loss, it all counts xx

Hi Bee. You don't seem at all unhinged to me. I love the way you express your thoughts on here. I'm back today after yet another few days of uncontrolled mayhem, eating and drinking all the wrong things. I'm now up to 13st 8lb which is only 6lb less than I started on at the end of April 2013! How bad is that! Well I'm starting again today and I hope we can support each other like we did last year. I'm hoping to lose 28lb by 26th August when I go to Turkey. Have you got a current target on SW. Let me know what it is and we can support each other again.

Lmao you don't sound unhinged to me chick! I bought myself a new phone about a year ago and it stayed in its box for 2 weeks as i just could not be bothered learning how to use it! If I could have replaced my old phone with the exact same model i would have done....

I am with you on the feeling 'Meh' - I start a new job on Monday and I am not remotely excited, so much so I am even concerned that I may not even be interested when i get there!! :-/ Hopefully that'll change!

Anyway congrats on the half pound loss - its a bonus if you were expecting nowt! :-D

How is the new job going? I hope you had a good start to it, that is a rather big and daunting change. Puts my silly phone fret into perspective a little :p

Hi Bee. You don't seem at all unhinged to me. I love the way you express your thoughts on here. I'm back today after yet another few days of uncontrolled mayhem, eating and drinking all the wrong things. I'm now up to 13st 8lb which is only 6lb less than I started on at the end of April 2013! How bad is that! Well I'm starting again today and I hope we can support each other like we did last year. I'm hoping to lose 28lb by 26th August when I go to Turkey. Have you got a current target on SW. Let me know what it is and we can support each other again.

Hey Lynne, oh I so know how you feel, a bit like a learner driver who keeps stalling the engine and finds himself totally exhausted, with an empty tank and after hours of trying is still stuck on the same junction! Well, that was how I felt when I realised a year had gone by with exhausting exante re-starts and all I had to show for it was about as much weight loss as I would lose in water after a day of fasting!

I do have some definite goals, now being on SW the losses are slower but steady. I have lost 11.5lb in 8 weeks and hoping for a good loss tonight as well. I do have a good idea of where I want to be at the end of this year. I am under no illusion that I am a slow loser and I don't think it would be realistic for me to hope to be at target within six months. But I have had 8 good weeks on SW with a week off included of total and utter indulgence and still managed to lose nearly a stone so I thought this is sustainable. So I want to have lost another 3 stone by the end of the year. That would put me in the lower 11 stone bracket. And as a little added challenge, I'm setting my target to be in the 10s by then. The TENS!!!! I haven't been there in so long, I have no recollection of what it would be like to be that weight/size. So yes, although it's not my final target of 8st, it's realistic and so I find myself actually getting excited about it :):)

Btw Lynne, after all that rambling I meant to say, yes, I would really like to be of support to you and really appreciate yours as well. So whatever target you want to set yourself, we can make it a doable challenge I think. So I am saying I want to lose 45lb now until the end of the year. There, it's said. I'm going to put it in my signature and start chipping away at it, as of RIGHT NOW :D

Hope you get a good result in weigh in tonight.

Thank you Cate. Well, my weigh in last night showed a 1lb loss. I really was convinced it would be more than that because I have really felt a change this week in the way my clothes fit. But I'm not letting this slow me down, a loss is a loss and at the end of the day the body isn't a machine that functions on a particular setting, always giving the same results. So far, I have not had a gain since starting SW but a steady loss. So I'm ok with that.

Pleased for you on your 1lb loss but even more so for feeling better in your clothes. I mean, not everyone sees what you weigh but everyone sees what you look like. :)

Well done Bee x

Well done on your lb loss Bee. Every bit counts!

Thank you Cate. Well, my weigh in last night showed a 1lb loss. I really was convinced it would be more than that because I have really felt a change this week in the way my clothes fit. But I'm not letting this slow me down, a loss is a loss and at the end of the day the body isn't a machine that functions on a particular setting, always giving the same results. So far, I have not had a gain since starting SW but a steady loss. So I'm ok with that.
Brilliant another 1lb off! You can do this. Saw is slowing but I think it is better in the long run x

Well done Bee :)
I thankyou sometimes a pound loss on the body is different. Sometimes you lose the block of fat that look like a pound of lard, and other times its a pound of candy floss, which is all the fibrous stuff in or body that takes up loadsa space and make us feel thinner and our clothes feel better :)
Its still a loss though eh ?;)

Back