Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

That's a great loss Bee !
I would be chuffed with 4lbs on TFR never mind SW !
Well done :D

Fabulous loss Bee, well done :)

I'm so pleased for you Bee. A great boost for you. Keep smiling!

That is an achievement Bee so be proud. Its great that you have found a plan that's working so well for you :D x

Thank you all for your kind words, I am quite comfy now. And quite confident that I can actually get there. Although this weekend will be off plan. I'm going to London with a few friends to soak up some culture and we will be eating out for two days in a row, lunch and dinner. So it's going to be a challenge. But I will try and ask myself how much I really want that particular food and if it's something special I wouldn't have at home, I might just go for it and enjoy myself. It's an option :D

Oof, not feeling 100% tonight, might be coming down with something and battling bad cravings. Must resist and go to bed soon, at least I have cleared my morning so I can have a bit of quiet time at home. That never happens!

Bee, how was your weekend in London? Did you cope OK?

Bee, how was your weekend in London? Did you cope OK?

Ok to answer both your questions truthfully - I had a FAB time in London! And I totally went off plan and ate everything. All of London is now without food. I came back Monday night but ended up having another terrible day on Tuesday. So although I had a great time, I am quite annoyed with myself for allowing this to happen. I really lost control. But I'm back on the horse now as of yesterday. Feeling rather blue today, it's the anniversary of my Dad's death and during his illness just before I really turned to food. And it seems to hit me harder now, every time I'm really emotional, food is always the answer. And that's a constant battle. Right now, I'd give so much to get my teeth into something sweet and creamy. But I will not!! I have already been to the bathroom to talk to myself in the mirror (yea, I do that, self pep talks) and asked myself whether I wanted to stay the same weight or like to gain a bit even. And I said no. And then I asked how it would change my grief if I binged. And I admitted that it wouldn't. So there we are. Me and myself decided that we're going to be good :D

Glad to hear you had a fab time in London. I heard on the news that food supplies in London had taken a sudden dip and people had been put on emergency rationing even more severe than during WWII. LOL. ;) The 10 million Londoners plus God knows how many tourists will be delighted to know you've left the area and normal food supplies will be available from now on. I understand the emotional eating thing only too well but, as you say, your grief isn't going to be improved by a binge and would only make you feel worse about yourself. In a way, bingeing is an act of self-harming and your dad wouldn't have wanted that. Stay strong and be good. :bighug:

Glad to hear you had a fab time in London. I heard on the news that food supplies in London had taken a sudden dip and people had been put on emergency rationing even more severe than during WWII. LOL. ;) The 10 million Londoners plus God knows how many tourists will be delighted to know you've left the area and normal food supplies will be available from now on. I understand the emotional eating thing only too well but, as you say, your grief isn't going to be improved by a binge and would only make you feel worse about yourself. In a way, bingeing is an act of self-harming and your dad wouldn't have wanted that. Stay strong and be good. :bighug:

Aw, nice post, Cate. Thanks for that.

Bee...keep strong and look after yourself x

Aw hope today is a good one for you Bee xx

How's the weekend been, Bee?

Hope you are feeling better Bee. Hope you've enjoyed the sunshine!

Thank you for asking, Cate and Sheridan. In all brutal honesty, I have not done terribly well. I have been on and off the SW train like a nervous commuter and it's doing my head in!
Not only am I sabotaging my efforts, but I'm creating such a terrible environment for myself, being all down in the dumps. I'm going to snap out of it. Totally. Have had several really bad days this last week and it's occupying my thoughts the whole time. I don't want that. I have been thinking about writing out in advance a food diary that is manageable and then stick to it. Including things like cutting back on caffeine etc. That might be easier than a hindsight diary.

Bee, have you ever considered the JUDDD diet or one of it's variations like The Fast Diet or the 5:2 Diet? Just a thought because you severely restrict calories for just 2 or 3 days a week and then you can eat pretty much what you want, they say, but in normal portions on the other days, the emphasis being on the word normal which doesn't mean totally pigging out. You lose about 2.5lbs a week. Just a thought. There is a JUDDD diet section on minimins if you want to check it out.

Bee, have you ever considered the JUDDD diet or one of it's variations like The Fast Diet or the 5:2 Diet? Just a thought because you severely restrict calories for just 2 or 3 days a week and then you can eat pretty much what you want, they say, but in normal portions on the other days, the emphasis being on the word normal which doesn't mean totally pigging out. You lose about 2.5lbs a week. Just a thought. There is a JUDDD diet section on minimins if you want to check it out.

I do manage quite well on SW. The hole I fell into was slippery with emotions :) Funnily enough, I have been doing a version of 5:2 with SW. I have one or two days of exante a week and to SW the rest. I couldn't do the whole "don't worry what you eat on those five days" thing. That is for slim people who may have gained a few pounds over several years. My eating patterns are so way off, I couldn't trust myself.

But I have a fresh start today, I have drawn a line under last week and that's that. I am determined to lose at least 10lb in the next five weeks coz that's when I'm going on holiday. And I want to be semi comfortable. It's a city holiday but it's going to be quite hot.

Back