Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Hi Bee...how are you doing?

Good morning Bee, hope you're well xx

Good Morning!! I was out and about all day yesterday, hence no posting on here. But I had a good 100% day, the one thing I cannot seem to go back to is the black coffee/tea thing, it just grates on me and my stomach. So my very own personal adjustment to the plan is that I allow myself one or two cups of tea/coffee with milk in it and thoroughly enjoy it. And as bizarre as it might sound but just after a few days of being back on track and glugging down water like my life depends on it (well, it does!), I put my everyday jeans on this morning and they are practically sliding off me. It's as if I lost an inch overnight. And I'm feeling very determined, I've mapped out exactly how to play the weekend, again I'm going to be out all day and amongst people. But I have found my own way of dealing with having my bar around people, I just say nothing, eat it when they have their sandwiches and if anyone asks what I'm eating I'm saying it's a nutrition bar, agrees with me more than bread does. And no questions are asked.

Hasn't it just gone cold overnight? Brrrr. Premiering my wintercoat today for the first time this side of summer and I was really pleased to find that it's a good fit. When I wore it in April before I started Exante, I couldn't even close the zip, very uncomfortable to wear and probably to look at too. So this morning I have decided that I actually feel quite good in my own skin and that I'm going to have a fab month of weight loss :)

How's everyone else getting on?

Yes, get some wear out of that coat, you'll be needing an even smaller one soon! Have a fab day :D xx

Ha, thanks Giggle. I've got a few fabulous coats from various stages of weight gain/loss so I'm quite excited about wearing my way through them. Same goes for jeans. Cardigans. You can see the pattern here :D

Lol am exactly the same. Keep trying them on though, I got too small for some items still with the price tags on :eek: :D

Yep, same here!! Quite shocking really how much money I would have spent over the last years on stuff I ended up hardly wearing or not at all, shame really. Would be nice to buy something new. On the other hand, I've got lots of stuff to look forward to. Oh and another one is skirts. I love skirts and still got about 5 or 6 I have never ever worn. They are a size 16 so hopefully I'm not that far away from it anymore. If I complete my October challenge successfully, I'll be another 10lb down from now which means a dress size down so that could be it! Whoop!

Hey Bee,

Glad to hear you're feeling positive and managing 100%! Congrats on the jeans, and definitely try and get as much wear out of things as you can. Just imagine how great it will feel when those skirts fit you, and try to keep that in mind on tougher days :)

I have now and in the past on exante had 2-3 hot drinks with a small splash of milk in most days, and it has had no effect whatsoever on ketosis or weight loss for me. Some people are more carb sensitive than others though, so you just need to find the right balance for you. You'll also lose weight if you 100% TS or WS regardless of having a bit of milk in tea, just on sheer calorie deficit alone, so do what you need to do to get you through each day!

Good Morning everyone, I'm buzzing!!! Because of major cravings for something I decided that, when I go to the shops later, I might pick up something low carb to nibble on. Then I decided for some reason to step on the scales although it's not WI day. I was hoping that the gain from all the faffing about of the last couple of weeks had balanced out again, was hoping for something under 14st3lb. And I just couldn't believe it when then scales read 13st13.4lb!!!!
And guess what.....craving for any food just vanished. This is all I needed, as a major motivator. I will weigh in again on Monday, really hoping this wasn't just a technical glitch and the scales were playing up or something. So chuffed!!

Just realised that with recent losses, my BMI now puts me from Obese Class III (very severely obese) to Obese Class II (severely obese). If that's not something to celebrate...:eek: Can't wait to be "only" moderately obese :D

Well done Bee, that's brilliant!

Similarly I was naughty last night, but getting on the scales this morning encouraged me to get straight back on track, ignore the blip of last night and be 100%.

Plus, on the coats discussion, I threw all my plus sizes out last year, so now don't have any coats that fit me.... got to lose weight before I start to lose fingers/toes etc in this weather!

For the first time today, I tried one of these shake and go bottles Exante offer now. I'm quite disappointed, thankfully they came as a free trial with my main order, I personally would not order them. Because it's just a normal bottle, it's quite hard to shake it so well that there aren't any lumps for starters. Then, it's a tremendous waste of packaging. And I don't find them that convenient if you're on the go coz you'd still have to carry the water with you and then faff about with the water and shaking and all that. So it's no different to me taking my shaker with me, already with the water in it and then adding the powder. Not terribly impressed.

Hmm I also have one waiting to be tried, but I did suspect it would be a bit pants. Not liking the sound of lumps :screwy:

Well I thought what I might do is simply put the powder in my normal shaker bottle and take that with me, plus the water, at least that way it'll be lump free. Also, I'm not keen on the chocolate shakes and these bottles unfortunately are chocolate. I might just keep them in reserve.

Had a bit of a tough, emotional day today and all I wanted was to eat basically. I was sooo tempted to pop by the supermarket on the way home and told myself I could get just some plain green veggies and some lean ham but in the end, I just drove straight past and home. It's funny how, instead of feeling proud of yourself in that moment, you can actually feel deprived.
Got on with a few bits at home and just had my last pack for the night and am, again, quite tempted to have a little look in the kitchen what I could possibly have.
But I've been telling myself off quite sternly, I mean how would I feel getting up in the morning if I ended up stuffing my face. So it's goodnight for me, no creeping downstairs!
And after my surprise loss which saw me going down into the next stone bracket, I am so determined to be still there and lower hopefully, on Monday morning when it's scale time again!!

Well done Bee. You're cruising at the moment! Fingers crossed for Monday. It's my weigh in day tomorrow. I dread to think how much weight I've put on.

Bee you are doing so well. Good luck tomorrow and stay strong. Mondays WI is going to be a good one x

Well, WI this morning...and I was 1lb up!!! I couldn't believe it. Unbelievable how that made me feel bad about myself which is quite silly coz I'm doing everything right so it's bound to come off again soon.
Then I came on my totm so that might explain it. I'm upping water intake today, lots of hot water too, it's gone so cold! Plus, I haven't been to the loo in a while I realised...:eek:...sorry for sharing. I wouldn't if things were running smoothly hehehe.
And now I'm getting worried about this weekend coz I'm going away for the weekend with a couple of friends, it's just one overnight stay, so I've decided to have two packs on saturday and a meal at night and then breakfast there sunday morning. But I hate coming off plan, I'm zooming at the moment. But it's all hotel and it's a nice place and I don't really feel like munching a bar over breakfast. Will try very hard to stick to low carb though.

I would just go low carb! And enjoy your time away

Back