Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Hi Bee. How are you? Are you managing to keep to the same meals as your friends? I hope they haven't become big eaters since you last saw them! I've been way off course over the last weekend have decided a new approach is needed so am trying 4:3. Have set up a challenge if you're interested. Looking forward to hearing how you're doing.

Hi Bee. Hope you're OK.

Bee...how are you doing x

Good Morning all, and apologies for the shameful neglect. I've been meaning to post but then have felt just so bad. I've totally come undone. A really lovely but super stressful week with visitors set me off, although I ate everything I should not have in that time they were here, it was all in moderation. But when they left, I came down with the mother of all flus topped by a really bad period. And I'm afraid for the last week I have done nothing but stuff my face. I seem to apply the same determination that I have when I'm dieting to bingeing. How awful. So I didn't really feel like facing you all here *sigh*
Right now, I can't seem to get my head into gear.
I do hope you're all doing a lot better than I am. I have sort of given myself permission to have a break. Just a few days. I still have a shedload of Exante products but am contemplating, after giving it my best shot to use them up doing 100%, to maybe switch to a food diet for a while. I don't know. I'm not in the right place for decisions it seems.
How are you all? xxx

Hi Bee. You'll get back on track again when you're ready. I've been ding really badly and have decided to have a few days off and start again on Saturday. I'm going to do 4:3 - calorie counting 4 days pw and exante 3 days pw. I can't do TS at the moment. Work is too stressful, work days are too long and it's too cold. I'm not a winter person. I like sunshine and heat!

Bee have have had a few wobbles over the last month and a number of restarts....this week I have been better (but not the best). And I am back to logging food and exercise which has helped me.

you will get back on it when you are ready...I don't think the winter helps x

Morning Bee. Just to say I think it helps to keep posting and reading other's diaries even when you're off plan. You're more likely to get back in the right frame of mind if you do.

Hey Bee, you've done really well so far, this is just a blip, you'll get back on it when you're ready. If there is one thing i've learnt from years of yoyoing is that we are not super human, we will fall off, but it's the ability to not give up completetly and get back on it that makes us strong and able to beat the weight. This is the first time in all my years of dieting that I feel in control of my destiny, and that scares me and comforts me at the same time.

When you feel ready you'll do amazing again :)

Hi Bee. How are you doing?

Thank you all for kind words. Strange how I just feel too fragile for Exante at the moment. It sounds so weird I know. But I thought rather than making a big deal out of re-start, I will just one morning pick up a shake and take it from there.

@ Lynne - You are right about reading diaries and keep posting even off plan. I never feel like I want to, it's almost like my guilty conscience prodding me. But you are quite right, it does help to get back into the frame of mind. and I think your idea of a 4:3 sounds quite sensible. I have thought about doing a half exante, half low carb diet. But I an't quite get my head around stuff at the moment, things are tough in work for me and the dark/cold is getting me down big time.

I'm going on holiday in two weeks time, very impromptu booking, super cheap deal, and it's all inclusive! I'm not kidding myself, I think I will go for it full throttle, I mean it's coffees and lovely breakfasts and cocktails...But I have decided until then to calorie count but still have one Exante shake in the day, probably for breakfast, just to make sure I get some proper nutrients. No point trying to re-start Exante and go through it all again only to be back on the carbs in a fortnight.

On another note, I have been thinking about buying an exercise bike but am mega scared of assembling it, anyone got experience with them? Any recommendations as to what bike to get? Cheap and cheerful are the main requirements :)

Sorry I can't help with an exercise bike. I know I use my treadmill quite a lot which has helped me continue with my exercise better this winter than the last two. I have always struggled to get my backside out the door when it's cold and dark outside.

i think you plan about just keeping going with nod shake aday and then back on it when you feel the time is right, is a good call.

but do keep on here...I find when I don't read and post I go a little down hit...this site does help me stay strong

Thank you all for kind words. Strange how I just feel too fragile for Exante at the moment. It sounds so weird I know. But I thought rather than making a big deal out of re-start, I will just one morning pick up a shake and take it from there.

@ Lynne - You are right about reading diaries and keep posting even off plan. I never feel like I want to, it's almost like my guilty conscience prodding me. But you are quite right, it does help to get back into the frame of mind. and I think your idea of a 4:3 sounds quite sensible. I have thought about doing a half exante, half low carb diet. But I an't quite get my head around stuff at the moment, things are tough in work for me and the dark/cold is getting me down big time.

I'm going on holiday in two weeks time, very impromptu booking, super cheap deal, and it's all inclusive! I'm not kidding myself, I think I will go for it full throttle, I mean it's coffees and lovely breakfasts and cocktails...But I have decided until then to calorie count but still have one Exante shake in the day, probably for breakfast, just to make sure I get some proper nutrients. No point trying to re-start Exante and go through it all again only to be back on the carbs in a fortnight.

On another note, I have been thinking about buying an exercise bike but am mega scared of assembling it, anyone got experience with them? Any recommendations as to what bike to get? Cheap and cheerful are the main requirements :)

Hi Bee. Where are you going on holiday? I'm really envious. How long are you going for? I love cocktails. Hope you have a wonderful, wonderful time and come back rejuvenated!
I'm really struggling too. Work is awful and I don't like cold, wet dark days. 4;3 would be good if I did it properly but I don't have a lot of enthusiasm for cutting back. Roll on Spring and Summer!
Sorry, like Shrimp I can't help with putting up an exercise bike. I've got a treadmill but didn't put it together myself.
Please don't disappear again. Keep in touch!

How are you today?

Hi Bee. How are you doing?

Hey, aw I'm so sorry for my lack of presence here, the last thing I want to do is neglect those who are struggling on as much as I do. I'm not back on Exante, quite far removed from it tbh. But I haven't given up in my head. I know this is a break from it and I will be back on it.
I'm going to Portugal a week Monday, for a week, I am so looking forward to it! And with my best friend too who I don't get to see all that much these days what with the busy lives we all lead. So it's going to be a welcome break.
I really do suffer with this gloomy weather. When we had the crisp sunny winter days beginning of the week, I was in much better shape mentally. The dark just makes me want to curl up and hibernate.

And work has been a real pain, not the people, I love my company, but just a lot of stuff going on I have to deal with that is stressful and unpleasant. So I will try and keep up to date here better than I have. Promise :)

I really do appreciate your support, thanks xxx

Remember ... We will be here fore you. And leaving the add message

Hi Bee. Thinking of you. I'm not doing well either, when you come back from holiday - where I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time - we'll both have to try and make an effort together...... again........!!!!!

Hi Bee. When do you go to Portugal?

I'm off next Monday, for a week. I've not been able to get back into the swing of things and right now I'm not pushing/punishing myself either. I just live life right now without overthinking diet and food and I've got a feeling that it will be a new year thing for me. Sounds bad I know. But it's something I can deal with, I've been so run down with lots of sleepless nights and being in a lot of pain plus coping with stress in work, I'm glad I get through one day at a time.
And I'm a really happy jolly person who can never stay grumpy or down for long but at the moment things are really wearing me down.

So I build in lots of happy time with friends because right now I really need them, more than ever :)

Oh Bee. I hope you get through this. Why are you in pain? I've decided to have a real crack at 100% TS in the new year. Maybe we can do it together.

Back