Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Are you ok Bee? x

Draw a line Bee. New start from now :)

I wonder if you stomach pain is actually indigestion ?
I suffer from it, especially if I don't eat, that's why I have to split packs up most of the time :)

You're doing so well Bee, you seem more and more in control every time I read your diary. Having the scales away is a great idea and it's great so many peiple are doing it with you. My scales will hopefully be going away after I weigh in on Sunday 16th Feb, when I'm really hoping to be in the 11's. Keep going hun and have a good day xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hope you're feeling ok Bee. Pain could be trapped wind or indigestion as Marge suggests. Might be worth popping into the chemist and chatting with the pharmacist to see if there's anything they would recommend? Some OTC remedies for tummy things are pretty good these days.

I love the idea of staying away from the scales - it would be so liberating! I'll have a ponder and might join the club, or at least try to go fortnightly? That would be a start for a scales addict lol.

Have a good day hun :) x

Hi Bee. How is your tummy today. I agree with SM. Pop round to the pharmacist & see if they can recommend something. Hope its starting to ease today. x

Right, today I am pleased to say is a 100% TS day. Already ticked it on the calendar so no choice :D started out with porridge this morning and then ended up out and about all day and have just settled down now at 7pm and have not had any more packs. So I'm looking forward to having a banana shake as a hot custard later as pudding :)
It hasn't been easy today, there were temptations coming my way with having a coffee with friends in an amazing cafe that does delicious stuff but I was strong. Told myself (in my head of course, not actually muttering to myself in the cafe) that the discomfort of re-starting was self inflicted and it was going to be temporary.
The only thing I have lacked slightly today was enough water. My tummy has settled a bit, it might be indigestion but I wasn't actually constipated so I don't know if it might have been stress after last week's horrendous week in work. And maybe confronting myself with carbs all of a sudden after doing well on TS/WS was a bit much to take combined with the stress.
Maybe not eating all day and just drinking actually helped. Going to have my soup now, then hang up a load of washing and then it's dessert and bed time :)

Glad to hear your day has gone well Bee. Good for you & well done on staying strong at the coffee place. Your tummy could be responding to that stressful week like you say.

Hot banana, not for me, I love it mixed with ice. I was actually wearing gloves when I drank some earlier, my hands were that cold lol

Enjoy your soup & afters Bee & here's to another good day tomorrow x

Glad your tummy is feeling better - hope it stays okay for you. Enjoy your custard :)

Great day Bee - loving that you have another tick on the calendar ;) x

Haha Susie, drinking your shakes with gloves on! Glad today is over, tomorrow is going to be a bit easier being back in the office, drinking lots of water. With every day though, no matter how hard the battle may seem, it's a day closer to goal. I was pondering over the emotional effect, that slip ups have and I think the impact on our mind is often far greater than our bodies. But the diet starts between the ears so if our head gets messed with, ultimately the weight gain will follow suit.
But rather than focus on the days that haven't gone very well, thinking about the days we managed successfully despite challenges can give the boost needed to carry on. What really counts is that we pick ourselves up and don't give up on trying again and again. Worse than many re-starts is no re-start at all.

Absolutely Bee, could't agree more!! And putting it down in your diary goes a step further so that you can reflect on what's gone well now & for in the future x

Well done Bee :)
Thank goodness the stomach ache is gone :)

Hi Bee. Well done for today. I'm going to have to start over and do those first few days again. Not looking forward to it. Will probably restart Saturday or Sunday.

Hey Lynne, sorry things have gone so pear shaped for you. You will manage the re-start fine, it is hard and unpleasant, but it's a few days and you'll get back into the swing of things. You managed so well before sticking to TS, you can do it again.
How is your mum?

I was just looking at my stats, currently I still have 6st4.5lb to lose. Realised that on the next weigh in on 1 March, for the first time in a very long time, I'll have less than 6st to lose. It probably doesn't sound as riveting to you as it does to me. But I was at a point at my highest weight in the past when I had 8+ stone to lose. If you think that at my height 8-9 stone is a healthy weight, I was double my weight for a long time.
And although I didn't stick Exante out last year and had many re-starts and many slip ups, I am 1.5st lighter now than I was when I started Exante and despite messing around, that is still my total loss. That is nearly 25% of what I want to lose overall. So it's quite steady really. As much as I want a faster and more focused loss this year, I'm still pleased with this.
It's funny how a different angle on the same situation can help you rather than make you feel down. This has given me a little boost. Maybe you could try it too :)

I was just looking at my stats, currently I still have 6st4.5lb to lose. Realised that on the next weigh in on 1 March, for the first time in a very long time, I'll have less than 6st to lose. It probably doesn't sound as riveting to you as it does to me. But I was at a point at my highest weight in the past when I had 8+ stone to lose. If you think that at my height 8-9 stone is a healthy weight, I was double my weight for a long time.
And although I didn't stick Exante out last year and had many re-starts and many slip ups, I am 1.5st lighter now than I was when I started Exante and despite messing around, that is still my total loss. That is nearly 25% of what I want to lose overall. So it's quite steady really. As much as I want a faster and more focused loss this year, I'm still pleased with this.
It's funny how a different angle on the same situation can help you rather than make you feel down. This has given me a little boost. Maybe you could try it too :)

Lovely post Bee :)

Very encouraging :D

Like you I am a tall person :rolleyes:

...and I have a total of 11 stone to lose :eek:, but have lost nearly 2 so that takes a significant chunk out of the target!!!

Back