RD and Sherrie get shrinking!!

Today is going well thankyou RD, how's it for you?

Not feeling hungry at all and I'm actually seeing it as part of my lifestyle now. I definitely think I could carry on with this until Im at my goal weight :)

Tonight will be a little testing though as we are at my daughters Granddads house for dinner as we do every Monday evening, and they always put on a lovely dinner. But I will just keep thinking of how I will look at my goal weight and get through it :girlpower:

I can sense your commitment now so I know a meal at your daughter's granddad's isn't going to faze you at all. It's just another hurdle and one you'll deal with brilliantly.
I'm going out tonight - we always stop for a meal but I'm taking a bar and will have a black coffee and just that. We just have to keep this determination going no matter what.

How much do you want to lose in total? I think your journey will be over before mine is but for the time being I'm enjoying having an Exante buddy! :)

Me too :) Its making my Exante journey so much more enjoyable.

My ultimate dream goal would be 9st which means I have 4st 13½lbs to lose as of now, but I want to set myself a little mini goal of 10st as when I did CD before, I got down to 11st 11lbs and was the smallest I'd been since the age of 15. I was wearing size 10/12 clothes which I think is very good considering I was almost 12st still, but this was pre-baby body! After I had my daughter, I managed to achieve this weight again but was still wearing size 12/14 clothes and I did generally look bigger then before. I was still quite happy though so I think a mini target of 10st is to be achieve and then I can review my weight loss and decide if I think I should or would like to lose another 14lbs to get to 9st.

We shall see lol x

Me too :) Its making my Exante journey so much more enjoyable.

My ultimate dream goal would be 9st which means I have 4st 13½lbs to lose as of now, but I want to set myself a little mini goal of 10st as when I did CD before, I got down to 11st 11lbs and was the smallest I'd been since the age of 15. I was wearing size 10/12 clothes which I think is very good considering I was almost 12st still, but this was pre-baby body! After I had my daughter, I managed to achieve this weight again but was still wearing size 12/14 clothes and I did generally look bigger then before. I was still quite happy though so I think a mini target of 10st is to be achieve and then I can review my weight loss and decide if I think I should or would like to lose another 14lbs to get to 9st.

We shall see lol x

How tall are you? When I got to 12st 7lb on CD I was still a size 16/18 but then I am only 5' 2" and my problem area is my tummy which is disproportionately large. This is down to me having metabolic syndrome ... my body doesn't metabolise carbs properly and converts a proportion of them straight to fat (on my tummy) rather than use them for energy. This lead onto type II diabetes.
I found that I had size 14 shoulders / chest / hips but had to wear a bigger size to accommodate my tummy. Very frustrating!

I'm finding the diet relatively easy to stick to (it helps to have a diet buddy :) ) but the problem I'm having - and had on CD - is the water intake. I think I have a bladder the size of a peanut and just one large glass of water means I need to go to the loo a short while later. I struggle to get 2L down me and I know I'm supposed to be downing half to one litre more than that.

I guess I can only try my best there.

Anyway - on to another day :)

I'm finding the diet relatively easy to stick to (it helps to have a diet buddy :) ) but the problem I'm having - and had on CD - is the water intake. I think I have a bladder the size of a peanut and just one large glass of water means I need to go to the loo a short while later. I struggle to get 2L down me and I know I'm supposed to be downing half to one litre more than that.

I believe that you can count the water you take in from your shakes into your daily water allowance, if that makes it easier to reach your water intake?

Ps. I bought some Psyllium husks too, really hoping for a bit of a result from them!!

I believe that you can count the water you take in from your shakes into your daily water allowance, if that makes it easier to reach your water intake?

Ps. I bought some Psyllium husks too, really hoping for a bit of a result from them!!

That does help a bit and I also have a couple of cups of coffee so I guess that counts too.

Well done on buying the PH ... hope you like it and that it helps :)

Wow Debs, I have just googled metabolic syndrome, I didn't realise (a) that you had it and (b) that it was such a serious condition ((((hugs)))) honey x

Hey RD and Sherrie :) just read your diary and wanted to say well done and wish you good luck :)

You two are doing so well, I am a couple of days behind you so it's nict to sneak a peek at how your doing, writing a diary really helps doesn't it..at least it keeps your hands busy!! What do you think of the Exante bars and shake's? Ordering a mixed bumper pack as at the moment I'm on CD shakes and I'm craving something savoury, have had a couple of cups of Bovril, is that allowed? Anyway, enough questions..keep going...can't wait to hear about your first WI..I have had a little sneak on a very old set of scales so probably not accurate but it was very promising.
Much love and positive thoughts
Clarexx

Wow Debs, I have just googled metabolic syndrome, I didn't realise (a) that you had it and (b) that it was such a serious condition ((((hugs)))) honey x

Yep - it's a bit of a bummer Cheryl but I try not to make a song and dance of it. People have enough problems of their own.

I have raised blood pressure and am on pills for that, type II diabetes, raised cholesterol (even though I didn't eat dairy or fatty meats before Exante) and have a lot of trouble with clots in my legs. Losing weight will obviously help alleviate some of these problems but anyone with the syndrome will find it difficult losing weight - especially if there are carbs involved. It just means I have to work a little harder and sometimes the results don't reflect that extra effort but I can get there - I know I can because I've done it before.

Thanks for your support x

You two are doing so well, I am a couple of days behind you so it's nict to sneak a peek at how your doing, writing a diary really helps doesn't it..at least it keeps your hands busy!! What do you think of the Exante bars and shake's? Ordering a mixed bumper pack as at the moment I'm on CD shakes and I'm craving something savoury, have had a couple of cups of Bovril, is that allowed? Anyway, enough questions..keep going...can't wait to hear about your first WI..I have had a little sneak on a very old set of scales so probably not accurate but it was very promising.
Much love and positive thoughts
Clarexx

Hi Clare
As an ex CD'er I think that Exante tastes far nicer than Cambridge (although of course, 'taste' is a subjective thing). There are no chemical additives in Exante meal replacements and you can tell - there is no synthetic after taste.

I love the bars - there are only 2 flavours in the bumper pack but I like them both (maybe preferring the toffee, nut and raisin slightly). The only downside I've found is that they seem to make me a little 'windy' :eek:

If you're craving a savoury taste and really MUST have something, steer clear of Bovril and try some Marigold Bouillon (low sodium version) - you can get it in any supermarket fairly cheaply.

I'm looking forward to my first weigh in although it'll have to be a day late as I'm visiting my daughter in Plymouth tomorrow and Thursday.
Thanks for your comments and support for me and Sherrie - it means a lot x

End of day 6 and I've just had a bit of a wobble .... I made the very stupid mistake of stepping onto the scales. It's the end of the day and I was wearing jeans and T-shirt. The number had gone up by 3lb :(

I've had to sit myself down and talk some logic. I have stuck to the plan 100% ... I've not really drunk enough water to be honest but have done my best to drink at least 2L. There is NO WAY I can be going backwards - I know that - but it was a blow. Even with my metabolic syndrome I cannot gain wait on 600cals - it's impossible.
I won't be doing that again though. From now on, I'll weigh only in the mornings and I'll try not to do it every day.

How tall are you? When I got to 12st 7lb on CD I was still a size 16/18 but then I am only 5' 2" and my problem area is my tummy which is disproportionately large. This is down to me having metabolic syndrome ... my body doesn't metabolise carbs properly and converts a proportion of them straight to fat (on my tummy) rather than use them for energy. This lead onto type II diabetes.
I found that I had size 14 shoulders / chest / hips but had to wear a bigger size to accommodate my tummy. Very frustrating!

I guess I can only try my best there.

Anyway - on to another day :)

It definitely helps to have a diet buddy :)

I'm 5'4" so not very tall but average, people always seem shocked when I tell them how much I weigh and always say I don't look as heavy as I am. Im wearing size 14's now and Im 13st13lbs so its pretty good going I think. My friend is 4'11" and is 12st and wears size 16/18's, Im sure it just depends on your frame.

I hope the affects of the syndrome lessen as you lose the weight RD, would be lovely for you not to have to worry about buying clothes a bit bigger just because of this.

And I'm the same with the water, I feel like a fish with the amount Im drinking yet I can never manage to get more then 2 litres down me in a day! x

Russiandoll said:
End of day 6 and I've just had a bit of a wobble .... I made the very stupid mistake of stepping onto the scales. It's the end of the day and I was wearing jeans and T-shirt. The number had gone up by 3lb :(

I've had to sit myself down and talk some logic. I have stuck to the plan 100% ... I've not really drunk enough water to be honest but have done my best to drink at least 2L. There is NO WAY I can be going backwards - I know that - but it was a blow. Even with my metabolic syndrome I cannot gain wait on 600cals - it's impossible.
I won't be doing that again though. From now on, I'll weigh only in the mornings and I'll try not to do it every day.

I'm always loads heavier at the end of the day it'll be fine tomorrow x

I'm always loads heavier at the end of the day it'll be fine tomorrow x

Agree'd!

Don't worry RD your weight fluctuates naturally during the course of the day anyway, thats why its important to weigh yourself at the same time in the same clothing!

Try again in the morning Im sure you will be pleasantly surprised! x

I weighed again this morning lol! Another half a pound off making it a total of 9lbs so far! Cant wait for 'official' weigh in tomorrow morn!

Let me know how you get on with the scales this morning RD x

Well done ladies! Am looking forward to your first weigh ins over the next 2 days :) xx

Thankyou Sarette x

10lbs lost...so chuffed!!! x

Back