Re-Start 1st January 2010 - buddy group

Hi do you mind if I join in late, was due to start on 1st but been in bed with flu.... plan to start on Tuesday, got my stuff ready and raring to go.

Lost just under 4 stone beginning of 2009 put on 1st 6 (all in last two months???) and want to shift it plus a bit extra....

let you all know how it goes it on Tuesday..

good luck to all and well done to everyone back on it....

I'm about to join on Wednesday which is the earliest I can get a meeting! Originally joined in June 2008 but "fell off the wagon" after 1 month, however was pleased to drop a dress size in that time. Now heading to Dubai on the 27th February for hubbies 40th birthday (on a cruise around the United Arab Emirates) so really need to shift atleast 2 stone in that time! Will be back later on in the week to see how everyone is doing! :)

Can I join too? I start tomorrow. I got to target in June and messed around since. I have 14lbs to get back to there again and this time will do it!

Another re-starter here. Plan to get back on the wagon tomorrow, strictly SS and also looking forward to a slimmer, fitter me.

Best of luck everyone.

Day 2

its being ok,being keeping myself busy,cleaning the kitchen cupboards out,time just flied by.
not feeling hungry yet,just the headaches and chills.

Oooh oooh mind if I come in too? Back on the wagon tomorrow after a very naughty Christmas break- was planned to start on the 1st but full of cold. Back to work and structure tomorrow, so might as well kick off then!

Wow thats great well done:D

Aww thanks, I'm so chuffed!

Day 3 and never thought I would get this far! I always find that I have to be completely desperate for CD to work for me. That sounds terrible but I really do have to be at my wit's end otherwise I will keep thinking "I'll start tomorrow" and tomorrow never comes. In a way, I'm glad I gained so much over Christmas because it put me in the right mind set to make this work!

Roll on Christmas 2010...I WILL be slim!!!

How is everyone else doing? x

Can i join too?

Im on restart today :)

Started CD in Ocotber at 12st 12lbs and now my restart is 12st 4lbs..... Not a bad start considering what i have been eating over the festive period. **oops**

I hope to lose 2 stone by valentines day and if i lose anymore than that then i will be very very happy.

My goal weight is 9st 7lb's

I wish all you ladies restarting the best of luck :)

It's the 4th of Jan and I am restarting today, god I hope I can stick to it this time!

Good luck everyone!

Ok, Mondays are a great day to start- back to work and back to structure! One shake down for breakfast- hot- and I was glad of it! Trying to drink water, but as my classroom is only 8 degrees, I think I'm gonna need lots of cuppas! Taking night-nurse for a stinking cold, so hopefully that'll dull any headache! Phew! Good to back in control!! Hope everyone's having a great day so far! x

Am bit behind re-start today sick of bursting out of everything in two years have put every pound back on and further 21!!!!!! c'mon can do this!:D

Good luck to everyone starting today!

It's been so long since I have successfully restarted CD and I forgot what a great feeling it is watching the scales coming down each day.

Day 3 for me today and 8lbs down already!

We can all do this!!! x

day 4

Pat on the back for the start of day 4.

Back at work today and really proud of myself for getting to day 4. Being back at work is great and taking my mind off it. Still thinking about food all the time - does this pass?
Hows everyone else getting on?

You all inspire me alot, elvira somehow you are really helping me, thanks guys!

Hi ladies,
For those just starting, I want to inspire you. I am on day 4, headache is gone and I feel really good. However, the first 3 days were a total mare! Stinking headache and food fantasies galore! I spent a good ten minutes thinking solidly about boiled carrots on Saturday!
However, once you get through the first 3 days it REALLY DOES get easier. The worst bit is just getting stuck in thinking about what you can't eat. I really recommend taking it one day at a time and trying to not think that you won't be eating any real food for the next few weeks or however long you're doing it for. Just take it hour by hour and DRINK THAT WATER!
Also, am pleased to say that I've dropped 9lbs already! Hurrah!
xxxx
Lucy

hi lucy,
thanks for that post, just what i needed. im on day 3 and feel awful with stinking headache and food fantasies galore. i so want to lose weight more than eat so why o why can i not stop thinking of food???
so far ive had a choccy shake and 2 litres of water...its so hard!!
that weight loss is fab for 4 days WOW!!!
my weigh in wed as i was supposed to start on new years eve but didnt start until sat so i hope im not dissapointed with weight loss of only 5 days when i go. good luck to you!! x

whatever, you do, don't compare yourself to other people. Mine is blatently all water anyway ;)
And I recommend scouring the internet for all the gorgeous clothes you will buy yourself when you reach goal! That or go window shopping!
xxxx
L

You all inspire me alot, elvira somehow you are really helping me, thanks guys!

glad i can be of service :p

whatever, you do, don't compare yourself to other people. Mine is blatently all water anyway ;)
And I recommend scouring the internet for all the gorgeous clothes you will buy yourself when you reach goal! That or go window shopping!
xxxx
L

excellent advice! i know i always have a huge loss at first because in retain so much water and glycogen. i normally lose about a stone in the first week but some people don't lose that more.

water, water, water! that's the key! x

Hey guys,

I am soooo hungry! It's only day one and it would be dinner time for me around about now, so I guess my body's a bit confused about why it hasn't seen breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks! I'm doing ok though :)

I've been freezing all day but I blame the weather rather than the diet! It's too early to be in ketosis but I do have the metallic taste in my mouth and the coldness. I haven't really eaten carbs since Saturday so I suppose it is possible I am in mild ketosis. Dinner last night was salad with cheese and ham, which are all low in carbs, and I never had breakfast or dinner as I was travelling around the country!

Anyways, hopefully tomorrow will be about the same as today - a busy day at work to keep me occupied, then things to do in the evening to distract me.

Hope everyone else has had a good day

xxx

Back