Re-starting for the final time, this is it!!!!

Rachgleeson said:
trying my own recipe for low fat blueberry muffins, well it actually works out as no fat per cake 3g for whole mix. Probably be rotten will just keep experimenting,

Oooh let me know.. I love muffins and cakes :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If you want to make a cake as low fat as possible you should whisk the egg whites separately until fairly stiff. And substitute the butter for half oil instead. Then to keep it moist low fat natural yoghurt. Strangely oil is better for you than butter

i did use the egg whites, but obv never had substitute for butter, added milk, the yogurt would go better though. i wouldnt be able have it with the oil though would i, as i am trying to make something we can all enjoy. Do you have a recipe you could post on here for me Kat?

This recipe is the sponge part of a lemon cream cake that works quite well. Obviously you'd need to find an alternative for the filling but the cake part isn't too bad

6 large free range eggs
175g caster sugar
175g plain flour

Separate the eggs and whisk the whites fairly stiff

Whisk the yolks together with the sugar

Sift the flour into the egg yolks.

Gently fold in the egg whites

Bake for about 20 mins on 180.

When cooked slice into 3

For the filling and topping I would then use a tub of quark add some sweetner and 6 tbsp of lemon curd. Whisk together and spread inside and on the top of the cake.

The full fat version is obviously unbelievably sinful :) but this should be ok

Rachgleeson said:
well yesterday was a good day, succeeded in my NO BREAD campaign :) Would any of you normally reduce calories for a few days when you have had a few bad ones or would you just carry on as normal ?

Managed to stay away from bread this morning too, i normally have it with my turkey rashers. Instead i had 2 eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes with them and it was definitely more filling. Really enjoyed it.

Well done with avoiding the bread! I know it's hard :) It's taken me about 2 mths and now I don't fancy normal bread or toast, it's breaking the habit that difficult :)

day 2 done without bread :D it was hard at lunch time as the rest of them had wraps with chicken in old el paso bbq seasoning, i put mine into lettuce leaves instead and ate the chicken that way with mayonnaise instead of sour cream, was pretty pleased with myself :D When i have got hold of the bread situation i may tackle potatoes, mainly the potato croquettes that i have become addicted to lol. I just need to think of something to bulk up my meals without being to much fat. So if you have any ideas please let me know

You could make your own croquettes and bake them with frylight

The basic cake is a great British bake off recipe.

I buy my quark in asda

Woo hoo :) well done

still only had 1222 calories today, i know i need to up a bit more, just struggling without upping my carbs too much. Think i may have a jelly with some mousse to increase it.

Day 3 and still no bread, not finding it too hard at the moment really. But i am sure the time will come, need to find good substitutes. Definitely not feeling as hungry now as i used to, which i think is down to higher protein levels, most likely all the water i am drinking too, its a wonder i dont slosh when i move :D

Back