Re-starting for the final time, this is it!!!!

Hello everyone sorry not been on in a while. I havent got back on track yet unfortunately but my big news is i have been off the cigarettes for 3 weeks now which i think at the moment is more important. I have set a date to get back on with the weight loss, which is monday. I have found it hard to do it while not smoking :( not been eating crisps too much or that much chocolate, mainly sweets at night time which is the hardest time i think really. oh and the dreaded cheese and bread :( cant wait to get back to it, just hope i can manage to do the 2 things at once :/ wish me luck haha

Rach!! I was just thinking of you today actually. Well done with the smoking!! your right to focus only it for a while.

(((hugs)))

Hello everyone sorry not been on in a while. I havent got back on track yet unfortunately but my big news is i have been off the cigarettes for 3 weeks now which i think at the moment is more important. I have set a date to get back on with the weight loss, which is monday. I have found it hard to do it while not smoking :( not been eating crisps too much or that much chocolate, mainly sweets at night time which is the hardest time i think really. oh and the dreaded cheese and bread :( cant wait to get back to it, just hope i can manage to do the 2 things at once :/ wish me luck haha

Was wondering where you had gone, keep posting and we will try to keep you on the straight and narrow.. Well done on the smoking xx

Good to see u back posting :) was hoping u were ok !

Well done on the stopping smoking!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks everyone not been as hard as i thought it would be even when i have been at the mother in laws and she is having one, not really been that tempted. I cant believe that i ever even started as i was always telling my mum off for doing it lol. Just hope i can stay strong now and not start again.

Full of aches and pains at the moment, dont know whats going on, maybe its the cold weather ??!! I was blaming the bed i was sleeping in while at mums and dads as it was horrible, never liked it. Hoping they will have the new one before we are there for summer.

Glad you're back Rachel. I was wondering how you were getting on because you've not even been facebook ing much.
You should talk to Tara :) she's withdrawing from various things at the minute. You can go cold turkey together :)

Thanks Kat, didnt really get online much while in cheshire, wanted to make the most of my time with my family while i could :D

Sometimes i think going cold turkey is the only answer, thats the way i am doing this now. I know a lot of people use the e-cigarettes but i think you are just replacing one habit with another. Two of my inlaws quit smoking with them a year ago but are still using the e-cigs, just dont see the point really!!

Fab to see you back. Congrats on the ciggies. They say if you get to 28 days, you've a much better chance of long term success. I hope you get there, it's so close to that milestone.I'm impressed that your going for the ciggies and the healthy eating at the same time.best of luck!

The best thing you could do for yourself at the moment is keep off those fags although I know it isn't easy, I'm off them 6 years this month so I know exactly where you are at the moment. Doing that and losing weight is bound to be really hard so keep up the good work, you will get there in the end!

KB x

Thanks everyone, and good to see you around KB and wow 6 years - thats brilliant - well done :D. Never got started back on it monday, totm came. so back on it from this morning now :D Still off the ciggies too so am kind of dreading it really, haha as at night time i have been turning to food instead of them but cant tonight now :rolleyes: i will be strong. Going to sit and read my book to keep my mind occupied and then maybe just go bed early i think :)

Breakfast will be turkey rashers and egg - no bread been having way too much lately and its that plus all the fizzy pop and sweets really made me put a lot of weight back on :( :(

It's the start of my no bread rule today too :) but am having organic Irish porridge oats for breakfast. Rest of the day avoid bread, biscuits, pasta, rice and potatoes :)

Will let myself have a bit of dark choc tho :)

Well done on the no ciggys :)

Thanks everyone, and good to see you around KB and wow 6 years - thats brilliant - well done :D. Never got started back on it monday, totm came. so back on it from this morning now :D Still off the ciggies too so am kind of dreading it really, haha as at night time i have been turning to food instead of them but cant tonight now :rolleyes: i will be strong. Going to sit and read my book to keep my mind occupied and then maybe just go bed early i think :)

Breakfast will be turkey rashers and egg - no bread been having way too much lately and its that plus all the fizzy pop and sweets really made me put a lot of weight back on :( :(

Everyone has TOTM weird.. Glad to see you back, I've missed you x

well yesterday went better than i expected it to, stuck to the diet all day and didnt pick last night which is what i was worried about. Managed to go without bread too and no fizzy pop so all good :D

Breakfast this morning is turkey rasher and cottage cheese scrambled egg mmmmm nice and filling. Lunch will probably be crispbread with laughing cow cheese and pickled beetroot and maybe some tuna, not sure about tea tonight yet, more than likely some chicken with something :rolleyes: as always lol, good job i like chicken!!

Had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning (i know i know i only started yesterday) just needed a bit of encouragement :D and was pleased with what i saw already!!!

MFP says to have 2250 calories but i think thats a hell of a lot???? so i had about 1800, should i do this or have the 2250? i really dont know :/

Depends how much protein your eating - 500g fresh salmon has loads of cals lol

I'd say eat enough so that your not hungry - I'm talking real hunger not cravings lol or mmmm I just "feel" like some of this or that :) and then stop. - is a great theory and does help - just needs putting in place :)

I have to get back in the habit of not having anymore food after dinner. Am not hungry just want something.. My Only exception is that I will have something after my evening exercise class - to refuel :)

Glad you had a good first day back on plan. I am not tracking on MFP at the moment as I have re-joined WW so i am using their app to track my food. I am still popping in most days to see how people are doing.

Fingers crossed you will lose your christmas gain quickly.

Tara, Thats been my problem the past few weeks, eating after dinner - its not good - especially when i am only eating because its there and not because i am hungry. ( and needed to take my mind off other things- so at the moment might allow myself something small in the evening)

Thanks Sarah, hows weight watchers, has it changed again or same still? i use to like the no count but found i wasnt really teaching myself to eat less lol

Back