Re-starting for the final time, this is it!!!!

right i am back and more determined than ever. Last few weeks havent been great :( just not been easy staying off the cigarettes as well as trying to eat better. But i havent touch a cigarette for 40 days now :) so going to really get back to the weight loss now. Starting today with my cottage cheese scrambled eggs and turkey rashers.

Yay to 40 days no ciggys :) welcome back!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done Rach :) That's a great acheivement!
I smoked until about 7 years ago - haven't touched one since. As you know, it's hard at first but nowadays I couldn't ever imagine smoking again, and I thought I'd always be tempted, just like I am with junk food!
x

Welcome back, 40 days that's amazing.. Well done x

Thanks everyone, your all so supportive as always. Today has been good stuck to it great, had some of the pear and apple green tea which is really nice. I have got a jar of boiled sweets, and will allow myself 2 a night to keep my mouth occupied lol.

Not able to exercise at the moment as i have somehow hurt my knee, i can put all my weight on it with no pain ( yes i tried standing on one leg haha) but when it comes to bending it when i walk its sore :( liam has told me go the doctors but all he will probably say is its my weight (which i know it is) Will just keep putting cold packs on it for now and see how i go!!

Finding the no cigarettes really easy at the moment - maybe i shouldnt speak to soon - i do get the odd craving but nothing too bad. Hope it continues!!

Ohhhh I've got some of the pear and Apple green tea. But not tried it yet. I've had the pomegranate (not sure of spelling) and like that one...

Well done on the no cigs.

:)

Rachgleeson said:
Thanks everyone, your all so supportive as always. Today has been good stuck to it great, had some of the pear and apple green tea which is really nice. I have got a jar of boiled sweets, and will allow myself 2 a night to keep my mouth occupied lol.

Not able to exercise at the moment as i have somehow hurt my knee, i can put all my weight on it with no pain ( yes i tried standing on one leg haha) but when it comes to bending it when i walk its sore :( liam has told me go the doctors but all he will probably say is its my weight (which i know it is) Will just keep putting cold packs on it for now and see how i go!!

Finding the no cigarettes really easy at the moment - maybe i shouldnt speak to soon - i do get the odd craving but nothing too bad. Hope it continues!!

Best to get your knee checked out - it could be osteoarthritis, like I have. :) xx

My osteoarthritis came from an injury so don't leave it get it checked out

toofatkat said:
My osteoarthritis came from an injury so don't leave it get it checked out

Definitely! Don't mess with the health of your knees, or you could end up like me - a 50 year old crock who can barely walk, lol. If there's one thing I lecture people on nowadays it's to look after their knees! :) xx

Although your doc would be right to think about weight. My knee consultant was forever whinging at me. Fit every lb you lose you remove 4 lb of pressure of your knees.
I still need a replacement knee but the pain and pressure is no where near as bad now. But once you've got osteoarthritis is spreads to other joints :( so don't let it take hold

toofatkat said:
Although your doc would be right to think about weight. My knee consultant was forever whinging at me. Fit every lb you lose you remove 4 lb of pressure of your knees.
I still need a replacement knee but the pain and pressure is no where near as bad now. But once you've got osteoarthritis is spreads to other joints :( so don't let it take hold

Yep. I need two new knees, and won't get them for at least 10 years, but there is now the equivalent of 30 stone less pressure going through my knee joints when I stand up etc., and that does definitely help, even though I have to walk with a crutch still. TBH I was never really lectured about my weight by doctors, I always brought it up myself and they would generally say well yes, but it's hard to lose weight when you can't exercise - absolute nonsense of course but I didn't used to contradict them, lol. :) xx

Rachgleeson said:
Kes- the apple and pear ones are lovely

Tracy and kat I will get it checked out I promise. Rheumatoid arthritis is in the family, my doctor already suspects that I have it in my fingers. My mum has osteoarthritis in her back and knees :(

That's good to hear, I won't nag you any more then, lol. ;) xx

Ok ill shut up :)

As some of you have noticed from mfp I am back yet again. This is getting a bit repetitive isnt it. It has to stop. Not sure what day I am using as weigh day yet. But had a good few days so far. Got out walking for 30 minutes yesterday and again today. Got the kids with me both days which is great and hubby came tonight after work :)

Back